What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs. Eels - Rd 1

Skinner

Coach
The Telegraph are suggesting there was an uncident that lead to Inu being dropped :http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/assassin-inu-axed-for-a-gun/story-e6frexnr-1226018057922

WARRIORS fans will today be asking why their $300,000 star signing is this weekend making his regular season debut for the club at Leichhardt Oval in the NSW Cup.

The Warriors were also struggling to explain why smiling assassin Krisnan Inu - one of the highest-profile club hoppers in the off-season - was yesterday demoted to play for the Auckland Vulcans against Wentworthville on Saturday.

It came as Warriors coach Ivan Cleary alluded to an incident behind closed doors that is understood to have had a negative bearing on the 23-year-old New Zealand international's chances of winning a spot in the Warriors' top 17.

"He knows what he did and that will stay between us," Cleary said yesterday.

The Warriors mentor refused to comment on the club's team selection process, but did defend his decision to promote rising star Glen Fisiiahi at Inu and Kevin Locke's expense.

Twenty-year-old NRL debutant Fisiiahi was named to play outside Joel Moon on the wing after out-performing Inu and Locke in the club's pre-season trials.

"Glen Fisiiahi is in the team because he deserves to be," Cleary said.
"There was certainly plenty of competition for the right wing, as there was for positions right across the park. But Glen deserves his chance for this game."

Inu's manager Isaac Moses said his star client was disappointed to have been left out of the Warriors' starting side, but said Inu remained upbeat about his chances of returning to the top grade.

Moses also denied there was any rift between Inu and Cleary.

"I had lunch with him on Saturday and he said he loves it over there," he said. "He knows there's things he needs to work on but he's enjoying New Zealand, enjoying working with Ivan. He's working hard to get into the team."

Joining Fisiiahi in their first appearances for their new club are experienced new signings Feleti Mateo and Shaun Berrigan, with Mateo named in the second row against his former teammates, while ex-Brisbane utility Berrigan has been picked on the interchange bench.

Scott

Bench
The Telegraph are stirrers! sh*thouse journos.

If there was an incident, as Cleary is suggesting, how does that all of a sudden become a rift?

Another thing. Inu has never worn a Warriors jersey in a first grade match - why are so many people saying he's been dropped??

Skinner

Coach
The Telegraph are stirrers! sh*thouse journos.

If there was an incident, as Cleary is suggesting, how does that all of a sudden become a rift?

Another thing. Inu has never worn a Warriors jersey in a first grade match - why are so many people saying he's been dropped??

Given that he was a reasonably high profile signing that played in the final trial, I think there was probably a reasonable expectation that he at least would have been in the 17.

On Cleary, we all know he doesn't forgive and forget :cool:

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Too right, Scott.

That so called "incident" could have been not performing well enough in the trials. By all accounts, The Fish totally deserved a place in the team.

Is it Saturday yet???

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Too right, Scott.

That so called "incident" could have been not performing well enough in the trials. By all accounts, The Fish totally deserved a place in the team.

Is it Saturday yet???

Martli

Coach

Exactly. All Ivan said was that "he knows what he's done" and that it was "between him and me" or whatever. No mention of an incident at all.

Spot On

Coach
I believe there's little wonder at Inu not being named as anyone who watched him closely last season would know he's absolutely horrible at times. He has certainly cleaned up contract wise if he signed for $300K. A very generous offer indeed. That said, he shows glimpses of brilliance and could be an asset to a team if he ever pulls his finger out.

natheel

Coach
good luck for round 1 warriors fans :) im not expecting too much from our new looking side, just hoping the boys put in 100% and come away knowing they all put in!

JoeD

First Grade
Scurrah on Radio Sport just now saying ticket sales were in the high 31000. A few more sales and walk ups could get in excess of 35k.

SDM

First Grade
I know it's the first game of the season and will be a hard tough game blah blah blah but I really want/expect us to win by 10-14, Parra look average on paper and plus some of their fans are pretty arrogant for a team that is pretty sh*t and a club that hasnt won a comp in 20 odd years.....although I wouldn't mind getting that monkey off our back soon too.....
:lol::lol:

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Yup I'm extremely disappointed we lost to your average side like I said I would be. I don't think that game has changed my opinion of your side too much, played solid footy with high completion rate and benefited of our errors and general sh*tness so congrats to ya.

pedge

Juniors
Yup I'm extremely disappointed we lost to your average side like I said I would be. I don't think that game has changed my opinion of your side too much, played solid footy with high completion rate and benefited of our errors and general sh*tness so congrats to ya.

That will be us all year....playing a grinding style and not as flashy as years gone by....our forward pack and defence (lets fix that right hand side) will always keep us in games i feel....

Latest posts