What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Eels Trial Game 1

Might be following the indigenous teams lead here where Sloan played wing and looked solid..

Giving Ramsay a chance to show what he can do
Ignoring the bit where he came in off his wing to ineffectually help complete a tackle that resulted in an offload and a try in the corner. Otherwise he was great to watch. I still rate him as a winger rather than a fullback.

I know it's only a trial but I hope that Hook isn't just going to use the random names generator when doing his team selections again this year. Ultimately it's no more effective than McFlop's "copy & paste"method, as 8 losses in a row attests.

Gareth67

First Grade
I'd rather see Sloan and Ramsey play half a game each at fullback if he wants to give Ramsey a run in the 1 jersey, doesn't seem much point in playing Sloan on the wing.
More than likely will , can’t see many of the selected team actually playing a full game in the position they have been named at .

Good to see the young blokes given a run and the newbies as well .

be55

Juniors
We are on the doorstep of the new season with our first trial this weekend and while things seem to be changing at a management level, i guess some things will always stay the same. For years i have complained about the media presentation of things happening around the club and the club catering to the interests of our supporters by way of keeping us feeling involved as to what is going on. Sure i see a couple of pics from training have popped up on twitter today but seriously, it's been over a month since we got some real pictures from training on the clubs website and this is just a complete joke. Here's the news page from the club website...

No pics from training for over a month...The last player interview they did was over 2 weeks ago with Burgess. No junior results. And we've just extended Griffin and not even a video by the club or the man himself. All we get is a worded statement.

Compare that to this...

Video stories about junior developmental players, pictures from social events the players attend, a pathways wrap up including 36 photos so fans can at least see what some of these juniors look like, a pre-season rehab report video ( remember we used to get those with Nathan Pickworth, alas no more) and a total of 40 pictures over the last week of their preparations for their trial in Cairns against the Cowboys.

The way our club deals with this type of stuff has annoyed me for years and by the looks of it, even with the new management it hasn't changed. Anyone in business knows it's the little things you do well that count and keeping supporters feeling involved and invested in the team and the goings on around the club, would help no end in growing the supporter base.

I swear if i had anything to do with management at our club i'd fire the media department so fast their heads would spin.

Anyway rant over. Looking forward to how the team goes on Sunday. I'll be sure to watch carefully because i guarantee the wrap up on the club website will be virtually non-existent 🙄

Latest posts