What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Eels Trial Game 1

randomdragon

Juniors
Did Michael Molo get many minutes? I always thought as juniors up here that he was better than Francis. Once scored 5 try’s as lock in an u16 game v Ipswich jets
Yes he did - he was very good in the time he had, probably did outplay Francis on the day

Old Timer

Coach
if i saw sua and gosiewski in the backrow based off yesterdays performance i wouldnt be mad. Gosi had good front on defence too and a nice offload
If that was the case it would make for an interesting bench.
Potentially start with
Mc Cullough
Woods & Molo
Sua & Gosiweski
De Belin (may also be used in front row rotation to play Bird or Maguire at lock for part of the game)

Bench
Burgess
Sims (Front row rotation no longer a back rower)
Bird or Maguire or Burns or Ford
Mybe

Out in the cold
Kerr, Lawrie, Faamausili, Fuimaono, Alvaro all of who saw plenty of 1st grade previously.

An interesting conundrum for the coach

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I think we all make statements on here out of frustration at times, and what the lads put on in the first 20 minutes was pretty dire and just resembled the last seven rounds of 2021 and then some.

I'm happy that they turned things around. I'm happy to see that the players responded to Hook and the manner in which they played the last 60 minutes was pretty promising. I'm also happy to admit that my early assessment turned out to be wrong. To make amends for the egregious sin of rushing to judgement, I'm prepared to do 20 laps of Jubilee Oval while flaying myself with a birch branch, if required.
The right edge backrower whose poor positional play was partially responsible for those early Eels busts (Fui) looks like going for another long stretch- saves Hook from having to sack him. Fortunately, we have some depth there with Bird, Gosiewski and (soon) Billy Burns to back up Sims and Sua.

But NOTB, what the hell are you doing using words like 'egregious" on a Rugby League forum- I find such words arcane and esoteric and do not appreciate having to consult my dictionary.

SEAT 1A

Bench
OK, only a trial however, all the new recruits showed their worth. Jack Gosiewski was the best of them and Jackson Ford looked like a different player.

Amone wasn't shy in defence and a nice pass by Slone to Rav 4 II and thought the game was quick for a trial.

If we see the same next week hopefully, we can put a muzzle on the wooden spoon talk.