What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Knights

Gronk

Staff member

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I would think that if he doesn't want to be here, then BA wont want him here.

He has been playing like he doesn't want to be here for the last few weeks.

hybrideel

Bench
If in our current time when we need players to stand up and show they want to be here that he has requested to bail then he can f*&k off.

Bazal

Post Whore
I would think that if he doesn't want to be here, then BA wont want him here.

He has been playing like he doesn't want to be here for the last few weeks.

Yeah pretty clear his head has already left the club IMO. Shame, he's a gun when he wants to be.

Might as well give Alvaro a crack, he's done some good things already...albeit a different style of prop to Paulo

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
Such a shame that there is hardly any discussion about the on-field stuff with all the crap going on off the field.

hybrideel

Bench
If this is all true I would even think about doing a Bennett and drop him for the rest of the year, or even be more spiteful and put him on gardening leave. Don't let him train with the squad or go to Canberra yet as i can't see much benefit in it for us unless it helps front load another contract. Chances are he will get out of shape and it will take a while for Canberra to get him back to his best.
F*&K them for putting pressure on us to let him go there early for his "welfare"
This is of course only if he has requested to leave

If this is all true I would even think about doing a Bennett and drop him for the rest of the year, or even be more spiteful and put him on gardening leave. Don't let him train with the squad or go to Canberra yet as i can't see much benefit in it for us unless it helps front load another contract. Chances are he will get out of shape and it will take a while for Canberra to get him back to his best.
F*&K them for putting pressure on us to let him go there early for his "welfare"
This is of course only if he has requested to leave

I respectfully disagree. We could start behaving like adults, and stop cutting off our nose to spite our face.

There's only two options. 1) Let him go to Canberra soon, or 2) pick the best team we have (with a bit of margin for error for giving developing players a run) and if he's in that team on the basis of form and attitude...pick him...if he's not, drop him. Vengeance gets us nowhere. And is behind half of the administrative problems we've experienced over the past X years.

theicemandanno

Juniors
BA Has confirmed Paulo is not playing tomorrow.
He's gone.

Dumb thought, maybe Paulo led Norman astray...maybe he's
Influenced Corey negatively.

Would hope that a swap has been arranged....in that regard who is making
The decisions for the eels at the moment?

Stagger eel

Staff member
He's gone.

BA is making that call

strider

Post Whore
Im entirely comfortable with BA making big calls the rest of the year to put us in the best shape going forward ... i hope he agrees that getting some solid wins and momentum this season is part of that.

Re: paulo ... if find it really weaird that a grown man is having people talk about him and make decisions about his "welfare" without it being quite a slap in the face. Honestly, if you think what they are saying is true then show some balls and pull your own f**kin head in

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Good on BA, I was bitterly disappointed when I heard we had lost him but after recent events he sounds like it's a case of good riddance.

T-Boon

Coach
Letting Paulo go should be a decision that BA makes after consultation with the leaders in the team - Scott, Foran, Norman, Mannah. They are the guys that need to keep this team together.

Avenger

Immortal
He's gone.

If Hayne doesn't make the Fiji squad could we sign him before 1 July to immediately play this season if we let Paulo and Gordon leave?

Noise

Coach
If Hayne doesn't make the Fiji squad could we sign him before 1 July to immediately play this season if we let Paulo and Gordon leave?

Only if we had salary cap room. The NRL would hate it but it's probably the only thing that will get punters turning up to our games.

hybrideel

Bench
I respectfully disagree. We could start behaving like adults, and stop cutting off our nose to spite our face.

There's only two options. 1) Let him go to Canberra soon, or 2) pick the best team we have (with a bit of margin for error for giving developing players a run) and if he's in that team on the basis of form and attitude...pick him...if he's not, drop him. Vengeance gets us nowhere. And is behind half of the administrative problems we've experienced over the past X years.

The bloke has been stood down from tomorrow night so option 2 is clearly gone. If we get nothing out if it why should we let him and Canberra benefit. I'm sick of players and player managers dictating terms to clubs and doing what they want. The old homesick or for his welfare excuse is bullshit. They are grown men who signed contracts

Unless there's some movement from the NRL as to our existing assessed cap expenditure, it's hard to see how Paulo and Gordon would make sufficient space to sign Hayne.

But, maybe they'll allow a bit more than usual backloading if there's no obvious advantage this year, and it's either 'Eels or no NRL team'.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Latest posts