What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs. Manly

Timbo

Staff member

Print this page | Return to site

Learoyd-Lahrs and Monaghan included for Raiders

Tuesday, June 16, 2009
The CFMEU Canberra Raiders have named NSW Shadow players Tom Learoyd-Lahrs and Joel Monaghan in their side for Sunday afternoons match against Manly at Brookvale Oval, pending fitness tests to other NSW players this week.
In a boost for the Raiders as a club, both Learoyd-Lahrs and Monaghan have joined the Blues in camp for game two in Sydney, while Raiders five-eighth Terry Campese has missed selection for the match following the recall of Trent Barrett to the side.
Raiders Coach David Furner has included prop David Shillington in an 18 man squad for Sunday’s match and will reassess the team line-up later in the week once a decision is made at NSW level.
Furner said the team is desperate to get a win against the Sea Eagles on Sunday afternoon, after letting the game slip away from them against the Sharks in Canberra last weekend.
“We should have won the match against the Sharks and as a group we have to learn how to stay in the contest for the full 80 minutes,” Furner said. “We get another opportunity this weekend against Manly and we will have to be on top of our game if we are to get the two points.”
Despite leading the game 20-10 at one stage last weekend the Raiders allowed Cronulla back into the game through some costly errors, however Furner said he has so far resisted the urge to make wholesale changes.
“We’ve gone with the same side as last week and as I mentioned we’ll have to wait for a decision at NSW level before we can change too much,” he said. “Even if we get Tommy and Joel back we may look at mixing things up later in the week, we’ll just have to wait and see.”
NRL
CANBERRA RAIDERS V MANLY SEA EAGLES
BROOKVALE OVAL, SUNDAY JUNE 21, 3.00PM
1. DAVID MILNE
2. JUSTIN CARNEY
3. JARROD CROKER
4. JOEL MONAGHAN
5. PHIL GRAHAM
6. TERRY CAMPESE
7. MARC HERBERT
8. DANE TILSE
9. GLEN BUTTRISS
10. SCOTT LOGAN
11. TOM LEAROYD-LAHRS
12. BRONSON HARRISON
13. ALAN TONGUE (C)
14. TREVOR THURLING
15. NIGEL PLUM
16. JOSH MILLER
17. TROY THOMPSON
18. DAVID SHILLINGTON
COACH: DAVID FURNER
TOYOTA CUP
CANBERRA RAIDERS V MANLY SEA EAGLES
BROOKVALE OVAL, SUNDAY JUNE 21, 12.45PM
1. HAYDEN HODGE
2. MATT WARD
3. DRURY LOW
4. DANIEL VIDOT
5. STEVE NAUGHTON
6. MICK PICKER (C)
7. SAM WILLIAMS
8. MARK APPLETON
9. TRAVIS WADDELL
10. TODD RHEINBERGER
11. SAM MATAORA
12. MARK NICHOLLS
13. JARRAD KENNEDY
14. MATT McILWRICK
15. MITCH KENNEDY
16. BRENDAN WHEATLEY
17. ZAC MERRITT
18. MICHAEL NIXON
COACH: ANDREW McFADDEN

Surely this weekend will be the last chance for Graham wouldn't it? If he doesn't fire up for this game, put Milne on his wing and bring Dugan back.

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
Yeah I love Graham but if he doesn't find space in the next week or 2...gone :( I'll be at the game tho bring it on!

Dugan played for SL last weekend , Id imagine its the same again this week unless he got suspended for his head butt.
He's another level above TC so its pointless playing him there. If not FG then QLD cup

just found this, look who is wearing 10

1. Josh DUGAN
2. Adrian PURTELL
3. James STUART
4. Brad CROSS
5. Michael BROPHY
6. Josh McCRONE
7. Matt SMITH
13. Sean FENSOM
12. Glen TURNER
11. Joel THOMPSON
10. Joe PICKER
9. Matt KING
8. Daniel JOYCE

Interchange:
14. Stuart FLANAGAN
15. Phil DENNIS
16. Nick SKINNER
17. Josh WHITE

Coach: Paul BRAMLEY

http://www.qrl.com.au

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
Flanno must be in some shocking form if he can't even get a start for SL...

Flanno must be in some shocking form if he can't even get a start for SL...

I think and I stress the word think , he may have been injured lately, this may be his 1st week back for some weeks. He wasnt named the last few weeks from memory

Pete Cash

Post Whore
If Tongue starts at hooker again I will just break down and cry before the game even starts.

shear_joy9

Coach
flanagan is one of the worst signings the club has ever made.
no confidence he will ever come good.

and as has been said for years, Tongue playing anywhere bar the forwards should not be in first grade.

colly raider

Juniors
Dugan played for SL last weekend , Id imagine its the same again this week unless he got suspended for his head butt.
He's another level above TC so its pointless playing him there. If not FG then QLD cup

just found this, look who is wearing 10

1. Josh DUGAN
2. Adrian PURTELL
3. James STUART
4. Brad CROSS
5. Michael BROPHY
6. Josh McCRONE
7. Matt SMITH
13. Sean FENSOM
12. Glen TURNER
11. Joel THOMPSON
10. Joe PICKER
9. Matt KING
8. Daniel JOYCE

Interchange:
14. Stuart FLANAGAN
15. Phil DENNIS
16. Nick SKINNER
17. Josh WHITE

Coach: Paul BRAMLEY

[URL="http://www.qrl.com.au"]http://www.qrl.com.au[/URL]

Why the hell would Picker be playing front row?
What happened to Brad Cross? In 07 he was in the top squad for a few games, hasnt been thought of since.
I wish joel Thompson would be put in the raiders 1st grade squad. Does anyone know when his court date is?

legend

Coach
Monas into NSW apparently. Not sure what happens to his spot but I'm assuming Purtell will come in to replace Joel. Should be Dugan but we know Furner has no common sense.

aussies1st

Staff member
SMH had Dugan, Kelly and Purtell in contention for Monas spot. DT favoured Purtell getting the gig. Both mentioned Carney was likely to move to centre.

Macko8

Juniors
manly will smash us by 50.
expect them to target outwide,with plenty of high ball.

give vidot a crack.

colly raider

Juniors
I cant believe Furner is even thinking about Kelly, when we have Purtel or Dugan who could come in. Manly will have a field day running and kicking down his wing.

Daddycool

Juniors
The SMH is saying Craig Wing is in severe doubt. TLL was his cover and they say he is on "standby". Does that mean he will play first and then re-join the camp, or be stood down?

Latest posts