What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Manly

Blair

Coach
It would be obviously nice to go back to the time when we weren't surprised when we beat Manly.

For example, 2007. Round 24 vs Manly Sea Eagles, won 36-14, Mt Smart Stadium.

My father won a trip to the game and it was no surprise when we rolled them. One memory of this game is Wairangi Koopu rampaging out wide and scoring. Of course, our next game against the Sea Eagles was a 6-52 rout at Brookvale in 2008.

So no game at Brookie this year. Is this just an anomaly with the draw or was the Eden Park clash a 'home' game for the Eagles?

Meth

Staff member
Would be great to get an upset here. We'd be up to 12th, assuming the Dragons and Cowboys lose.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
How many from Manly won't back up from SOO due to travelling to NZ vs playing at home?

We only have Watmough playing and you need a crowbar to stop that bloke, unbelievable motor on him

And Blair, just thinking back to that game, Hasler left about 6 of the stars back in Sydney because us and Melbourne had run away with the top 2 spots :p

Penrose11

Juniors
So no game at Brookie this year. Is this just an anomaly with the draw or was the Eden Park clash a 'home' game for the Eagles?[/QUOTE]

Eden Park game this year was V roosters

Blair

Coach
Eden Park game this year was V roosters

That's right. I'm embarrassed you even had to respond here.

Manly v Warriors at Brookvale in Rd 22 this year. I'll go and support us to make up for the gaffe.

Although, I'm claiming an Eddie McGuire defence. I'm overcooked and off my game right now!

vvvrulz

Coach
I'd definitely prefer Laumape over Fish even despite last week. Fish is improving but he just isn't hungry enough for work, he doesn't go looking for chances and rather waits for them to appear.

But that's the only change I'd even remotely consider, everything is clicking suddenly.

spear tackle

Juniors
Gee, big call. Just from the Warriors-Knights Reserve Grade game, Laumape and Hurrell were getting rick-rolled in defence. Both charging up and in and rarely connecting. Both were unbelievable on attack though TBF. Ngani is an unbelievable talent, what a future he has.

Yeah I saw that game as well, I just think Laumape offers a bit more in defence (maybe he and Hurrel are not a good fit or were having an off day in D), Fish seems to try tagging the player a lot, I think he got gun shy when he stuffed his leg back in 2011? maybe against the Knights, before that he was pretty fearless.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Watmough is good to go post origin

Manly and Nathan Friend have a bit of history so will be interesting to see if anything happens there

hitro

Juniors
I hate Watmough, I hope some one gives him some Gallen treatment but can't imagine who that might be in our team. No Campions or Beethams these days

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I hate Watmough, I hope some one gives him some Gallen treatment but can't imagine who that might be in our team. No Campions or Beethams these days

Good luck to them if they do :) Dane Tilse had a crack at it a couple of weeks back and left with an eye that didn't look too flash

Iafeta

Referee
Yeah I saw that game as well, I just think Laumape offers a bit more in defence (maybe he and Hurrel are not a good fit or were having an off day in D), Fish seems to try tagging the player a lot, I think he got gun shy when he stuffed his leg back in 2011? maybe against the Knights, before that he was pretty fearless.

If there's a "Most improved player" award at the Warriors, Ngani's a lay down faizere. I honestly thought he was ok without being overly special in NYC. As far as his attack goes in reserve grade, he's barely tackleable. Its freakish how much his attack has developed. What a great talent. Full kudos to the Warriors, I seriously would not have worried if he had have left at the end of last year.

spear tackle

Juniors
If there's a "Most improved player" award at the Warriors, Ngani's a lay down faizere. I honestly thought he was ok without being overly special in NYC. As far as his attack goes in reserve grade, he's barely tackleable. Its freakish how much his attack has developed. What a great talent. Full kudos to the Warriors, I seriously would not have worried if he had have left at the end of last year.
I'm pleased we kept him, cant say I would have been too fussed if he had gone as well, you only would have heard me cry about it in a couple of years time when he came back with his new team and tore us a new one.
On one hand you can't keep everyone but at the same time it's a little hard to decide who to keep and who to move on,the got it right keeping this one.

Benek

Juniors
The Manly team are staying at the Mount Richmond Hotel if anyone cares. Saw their fancy bus pull up this afternoon.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Id care if I was up there lol

I know a group of 100+ supporters have made the trip across as well, Darrell Williams is leading the group

TheDMC

Bench

Sorry I don't usually point out errors on here, but just in case your at a party, telling a dream girl a funny anecdote and you drop in "...so anyway, it was basically a lay down faizare." She'll probably go "Ah, Iafeta, I think you mean 'lay down misere.' And then make her excuses...

Last edited: