What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team V's Manly

damo72

Juniors
For those of you who don't think that Langi should be there he was one of our best in defence the other night 25 tackles and missed only one, between Burt and Petersen they made 14 and missed 7. Langi is what we need in the centres, someone who can defend and attack given the opportunity which unfortunately he has not received yet.

Y2Eel

First Grade
pazza have you come up with anything constructive??

ie,
Why would you replace a champ like Afamasaga with a loser like Muckert?

also thorman was always up there in defence with the forwards....

his attack was flat cos well the whole team was.....

Mckinnon
Peterson
Ben Smith
Langi
Grothe
Dykes
Smith
Stapleton
Morris
Vella
Afsamasaga
Wagon
Mateo

Webster
Armitt
Tsoulos
Widders/Cordoba

PJ Marshal

Coach
My predicted team

1. McKinnon
2. Petersen
3. Graham
4. Burt
5. Grothe
6. Thorman
7. Dykes
8. Tsolous
9. Morris
10. Vella
11. Stapleton
12. Afamasaga
13. Wagon ( c )

14. Hopkins
15. Widders
16. Armit
17. Pearson

PJ Marshal

Coach
i have heard reports that guru will be back but if he is not then slide Langi into the centres and Burt onto the wing

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Mr Parra Eels said:
My predicted team

1. McKinnon
2. Petersen
3. Graham
4. Burt
5. Grothe
6. Thorman
7. Dykes
8. Tsolous
9. Morris
10. Vella
11. Stapleton
12. Afamasaga
13. Wagon ( c )

14. Hopkins
15. Widders
16. Armit
17. Pearson

Not bad but Langi played well enough to keep his spot.

PJ Marshal

Coach
As good as of a game Lagni played on saturday which i'llagree was prob his best game for us, i still have doubts in my mind about his defence of all things. Too often does he not show faith in his inside man and come in and leave his winger stranded. If he could fix this up well id have no prblems with his presence in the team!

bartman

Immortal
This game's very important. Not a place for trialling young prospects like the Smiths imo. I think the named side will be:

1. Wade MacKinnon
2. Luke Burt
3. Junior Langi
4. Ashley Graham
5. Matt Petersen
6. Chris Thorman - given another chance
7. Adam Dykes
13. Daniel Wagon
12. Jack Afa..
11. Craig Stapleton/Dean Widders - takes two to replace Hindy!
10. Michael Vella
9. John Morris
8. Justin Tsolous

14. Lee Hopkins
15. Chris Armit
16. Dean Widders/Craig Stapleton
17. Eric Grothe/Wise Kativerata - to cover for a backline disaster...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
bartman said:
This game's very important. Not a place for trialling young prospects like the Smiths imo. I think the named side will be:

11. Craig Stapleton/Dean Widders - takes two to replace Hindy!

And Hindy would still have more tackles and hit ups.

The Colonel

Immortal
1. Wade McKinnon
2. Ashley Graham
3. Junior Langi
4. Luke Burt
5. Eric Grothe.
6. Daniel Wagon
7. Adam Dykes
8. Craig Stapleton
9. John Morris
10. Mick Vella
11. Lee Hopkins
12. Jack Afamasaga
13. Dean Widders

14. James Webster
15. Chris Armit
16. Justin Tsoulos
17. Feleti Mateo
18. Corey Pearson

I'll have a lobster on that. 8)

fish

Juniors
Can someone tell me why dykes is playing 1/2? I always thought he was a better 5/8,I know Witt will be out but he has played a few games there this season.

Freak

Juniors
Colonel Eel said:
1. Wade McKinnon
2. Ashley Graham
3. Junior Langi
4. Luke Burt
5. Eric Grothe.
6. Daniel Wagon
7. Adam Dykes
8. Craig Stapleton
9. John Morris
10. Mick Vella
11. Lee Hopkins
12. Jack Afamasaga
13. Dean Widders

14. James Webster
15. Chris Armit
16. Justin Tsoulos
17. Feleti Mateo
18. Corey Pearson

I'll have a lobster on that. 8)

I think your lobby is pretty safe. The only possiblity away from that side would be Muckert in for Webster. I like Tsoulos coming off the bench. He improved dramatically when off the bench on comparison to his previous starting line up performances.

But who knows with Smithy :?:

Pazza said:
Thorman can't defend to save his life, if he has done nothing wrong then why did he get dropped?

are you kidding pazza? #-o what have you been watching? thormans defence is great.

Pazza said:
The teams worst performances was with Thorman at Halfback. There is no way i would be letting that pretender back into the side.

coincidently....yes they wre the worst performances. and you think thormans to blame for that? omg. :lol:

8)

Pazza

First Grade
eeelectroshooting? said:
Pazza said:
Thorman can't defend to save his life, if he has done nothing wrong then why did he get dropped?

are you kidding pazza? #-o what have you been watching? thormans defence is great.

Pazza said:
The teams worst performances was with Thorman at Halfback. There is no way i would be letting that pretender back into the side.

coincidently....yes they wre the worst performances. and you think thormans to blame for that? omg. :lol:

8)

Halfback along with Prop is the most important position on the field. Thorman wasnt able to create anything from halfback. Thats why Parra only managed to score 6 points against the dragons side full of PL players and 6 points against the west tigers. Halfback has total control of the sides attacking plays. With Thorman at halfback the side was averaging 9 points a game. I saw something wrong with that, Smith saw something wrong with that, why dont you?