What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Raiders

playdaball

Bench
This will be interesting to see what Cappy comes up with this week:

1, Tompkins
2, Wright
3, Kata
4, Hurrell
5, Big Manu
6, Townsend (under pressure already as Api looked good in reserves and Tui could be the long term option)
7, Johnson (take control)
8, Lillyman (hardly noticed him)
9, TL
10, Big Ben
11, Thompson (I'd swap him and MANNERING on attack)
12, Hoffmeister
13, Mannering

14, Lolhea
15, Vete
16, Matagi
17, Henry (not as centre)

Last edited:

jaseg

Juniors
Kata to play centre, not wing. Lolohea must start somewhere. If Tomkins is back I guess the wing is Lolohea's spot until we get Fish/Fus back - and then I'd seriously look at dropping the Chad. If Tomkins is still out, Allwood/Wright/Maumalo (depending on who is available) comes onto the wing. Lisone stays in the team, last prop spot a fight between Rapira (if fit), Matagi & Vete. Henry goes back to the bench - he's not a centre... been shredded a few times now by genuine centres.

The only reason Benry played centre I believe (and that Matagi played at all) was because Maumalo (our backup for Tomkins) went down injured on Friday.

Last edited:

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
1. Tomkins
2. Lolohea
3. Kata
4. Hurrell
5. Manu
6. Townsend
7. Johnson
8. Lillyman
9. TL
10. Matulino
11. Thompson
12. Hoffman
13. Mannering

14. Friend
15. Henry
16. Lisone
17. Matagi
18. Allwood
19. Vete

Vete had a good debut - not against re-seleciton but had a bad 2nd half and some costly errors.

Allwood looked centre in NSW Cup and very willing and can cover a number of positions
Wright needs a run first and wright is more experienced than Maumalo.

Townsend on Standby - with Tomkins, Lolohea even NSW Cup halves ready to jump in next week.

Henry should be cast aside until he is played in correct position

Iafeta

Referee
1 Tomkins
2 Lolohea
3 Hurrell
4 Kata
5 Vatuvei
6 Townsend
7 Johnson
8 Matulino
9 Leuluai
10 Lillyman
11 Thompson
12 Hoffman
13 Mannering (c)

Leuluai
Vete
Lisone
Henry

JJ

Immortal
1 Tomkins
2 Lolohea
3 Hurrell
4 Kata
5 Vatuvei
6 Townsend
7 Johnson
8 Matulino
9 Leuluai
10 Lillyman
11 Thompson
12 Hoffman
13 Mannering (c)

Leuluai
Vete
Lisone
Henry

Needs more Leuluai :lol:

Meth

Staff member
1- Lolohea
2- Wright
3- Kata
4- Hurrell (hope he pulls up ok)
5- Vatuvei
6- Tomkins
7- Johnson
8- Matulino
9- Leuluai
10- Lillyman
11- Thompson
12- Hoffman
13- Mannering

Res- Friend, Rapira, Henry, Lisone or Vete (flip a coin)

Diesel

Referee
CT is one game away from playing bring a percent NSWarrior and, asking for a release back to the Sharks. For someone that was a junior Kangaroo, I expected more.

I'd expect Tomkins to slot into 6 rather than Lolohea

Cold Roses

Juniors
http://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2015/03/10/your_team_v_canberra.html

VODAFONE WARRIORS v CANBERRA RAIDERS

GIO Stadium, Canberra

6.30pm, Sunday, March 15

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 SAM TOMKINS

2 JONATHAN WRIGHT

3 TUIMOALA LOLOHEA

4 SOLOMONE KATA

5 MANU VATUVEI

6 CHAD TOWNSEND

7 SHAUN JOHNSON

8 JACOB LILLYMAN

9 THOMAS LEULUAI

10 BEN MATULINO

11 BODENE THOMPSON

12 RYAN HOFFMAN

13 SIMON MANNERING (c)

Interchange:

14 NATHAN FRIEND

15 BEN HENRY

16 SAM LISONE

17 ALBERT VETE

18 MATT ALLWOOD

HEAD COACH: ANDREW McFADDEN

Big Konnie is a concern as injured again

I would rather see both Laumape and Kata. Somehow Hurrell always look sluggish or overplays the power game and gets injured easily. Laumape and Kata are studs and have more skill-set than Hurrell

Don't get me wrong Hurrell is a beast but needs to show more a range of skills than running hard injuring himself. Hopefully turns it around ASAP

Diesel

Referee
Any word on Konnie's injury or perhaps they're giving him the week off.

Haven't heard much about ST's hammy injury so am hoping last week was just that.

I'm interested to see how Lolohea goes as centre and if he and Wright will swap positions during the game.

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
I would rather see both Laumape and Kata. Somehow Hurrell always look sluggish or overplays the power game and gets injured easily. Laumape and Kata are studs and have more skill-set than Hurrell

Don't get me wrong Hurrell is a beast but needs to show more a range of skills than running hard injuring himself. Hopefully turns it around ASAP

Agree with this, I also question his commitment on defence especially against the knights, one try a man half his size ran straight over him, the other try when Rochow scored he just stood back and watched and didn't move his feet at all. I've had moments where I've questioned whether or not Vatuvei is more of a liability than an asset (which I think he's more in the asset column as of late) but I've never had to question his commitment or his fitness. The sooner Laumape comes back the better, a proper stint in NSW cup would probably be best for Hurrell at this point.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Am I the only one thinking Tomkins will be ruled out again, Tui back to fullback and Allwood comes in? Surely there must be doubt about him as why else would an outside back be the 18th man

Hurrell reminds me of a Vatuvei a few years ago in the way that when they play bad then they could cost us the game single handedly, however, if/when they play well then they are match winners. Very frustrating, ah such is life being a Warriors fan

Meth

Staff member
"Big" Konnie is definitely a concern. Who ate all the pies in the off season? I think we know.

Weren't we talking about this last season as well?

Also, anyone see Mateo the other night?