What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Raiders

Meth

Staff member
I would rather see both Laumape and Kata. Somehow Hurrell always look sluggish or overplays the power game and gets injured easily. Laumape and Kata are studs and have more skill-set than Hurrell

Don't get me wrong Hurrell is a beast but needs to show more a range of skills than running hard injuring himself. Hopefully turns it around ASAP

Crazy talk.

I know that Hurrell has some frustrating traits, but he is a genuine weapon with good ball. His defence also improved no end last year. I would rather see Kata or Laumape on the wing thanks.

Meth

Staff member
Tui at Centre. 7 games, 4 positions...

Definitely a concern. He might become the next Motu Tony.

Keep him at fullback, I reckon. Time for a Tomkins/Johnson halves combination.

If we can't bear that, make a call between Friend and Leuluai and give Lolohea the bench spot.

vvvrulz

Coach
Definitely a concern. He might become the next Motu Tony.

Keep him at fullback, I reckon. Time for a Tomkins/Johnson halves combination.

If we can't bear that, make a call between Friend and Leuluai and give Lolohea the bench spot.

Agree with this also, reminded us what a real attacking fullback can do.

No disrespect to Tomkins but that kind of speed and agility is what I expected from him in the first place.

Meth

Staff member
This, can't understand why he never gets a good run.

He's a solid option, but hardly offers the same sort of attacking qualities as Hurrell/Laumape/Kata.

Definitely a better option than Henry at centre.

JJ

Immortal
Looked like him and BJ Leilua spent the entire offseason in a professional pie eating series.

More things change, the more they stay the same...

Surgery, rehab etc are no excuse - they are supposed to be professionals

JJ

Immortal
I think Konnie looks like he's in OK shape this year, for him.

Should that be the criteria?

Sorry, as posters have pointed out, he's hardly a complete centre... and if he's wasting his talent, reserve grade is the place for that - the Warriors decision makers are too lenient on loafers imo...

vvvrulz

Coach
the Warriors decision makers are too lenient on loafers imo...
This.

Laumape got a free pass to come back fat along with Hurrell last season.
Martel slacked around all year too looking slow and lethargic.

Should that be the criteria?

Sorry, as posters have pointed out, he's hardly a complete centre... and if he's wasting his talent, reserve grade is the place for that - the Warriors decision makers are too lenient on loafers imo...

Well he made the team on his talent in the first place in whatever shape - take him as he is. Not like he's gotten fatter since his debut. Why try and change what has been working? Sort-of-skinny, super-athletic guys in the NRL are a dime-a-dozen. Solid, super-athletic guys offer something else completely. I'm not saying he can't improve his physique to improve his game, but you're risking stripping his X-factor if you strip his bodyweight.

Fat f**k

10956611_1434342410190837_298009861_n.jpg

JJ

Immortal
Well he made the team on his talent in the first place in whatever shape - take him as he is. Not like he's gotten fatter since his debut. Why try and change what has been working? Sort-of-skinny, super-athletic guys in the NRL are a dime-a-dozen. Solid, super-athletic guys offer something else completely. I'm not saying he can't improve his physique to improve his game, but you're risking stripping his X-factor if you strip his bodyweight.

It's not about body weight, it's about fitness

It's not about body weight, it's about fitness

Well everyone was talking about him looking like he's been on the pies - that is certainly a judge of his bodyweight. I don't know how you can really judge their fitness unless you see their yo-yo results or something. Maybe Iron Lion could chime in there. We've seen one game in 26 degree weather through the restricted view of a TV camera.

Anyway, I'd much much rather a player to come back from their break a little podgey and a little way off peak fitness but mentally refreshed and get better as the season progresses. As opposed to coming back in peak condition but burn out as we get closer to finals.

jaseg

Juniors
I was lucky enough last weekend to find myself already in the area(ish) so went to the game, was sitting near the Warriors bench - Hurrell didn't look out of shape at all... but definitely had some sort of leg problem from very early on. He tried to play on for a little bit, ended up coming off only to come back in the second half (painkillers?)... I think he only came back on because we were already down in backs and he was unlikely to worsen the injury. He wasn't right.

It's not even close to last year when he was blatantly unfit and overweight.

Last edited:
Agreed

I was at the game and he looked in peak shape, as u said he picked up the injury early but in the 2nd half once he got the heavy tape removed he seemed fine just lost some speed

Agree with this, I also question his commitment on defence especially against the knights, one try a man half his size ran straight over him, the other try when Rochow scored he just stood back and watched and didn't move his feet at all. I've had moments where I've questioned whether or not Vatuvei is more of a liability than an asset (which I think he's more in the asset column as of late) but I've never had to question his commitment or his fitness. The sooner Laumape comes back the better, a proper stint in NSW cup would probably be best for Hurrell at this point.

He seriously needs to grow a serious edge to his attitude hate this clown and his stupid non funny videos on social media. Keep fit and off the net you have a competition to win

Am I the only one thinking Tomkins will be ruled out again, Tui back to fullback and Allwood comes in? Surely there must be doubt about him as why else would an outside back be the 18th man

Hurrell reminds me of a Vatuvei a few years ago in the way that when they play bad then they could cost us the game single handedly, however, if/when they play well then they are match winners. Very frustrating, ah such is life being a Warriors fan

We need to stop accepting these sort of athletes in our club though. They get on this cocky ride when things are hot and get way too complacent.

Who has Dom Peyroux pissed off ?

There's always that one member in our team that is always reliable and solid but gets overlooked for the ATHLETES like Hurrell, its sickening at times

Crazy talk.

I know that Hurrell has some frustrating traits, but he is a genuine weapon with good ball. His defence also improved no end last year. I would rather see Kata or Laumape on the wing thanks.

Mate once you clean your eyeballs a bit you will see he is a one trick pony, I do take on board that he did improve his D and had the one good pass to help our winger score in that one game. He needs way more skills to be in the top IMHO. Being marked as the Next Meninga from media certainly has got to his head.

If he turns it around and stops injuring himself by being a running bull every play. He will certainly get there. He's way off atm

Last edited: