What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team Vs Roosters

Jono078

Referee
1. Vuna
2. Uate
3. MacDougall
4. Franze
5. McManus
6. Mullen
7. Walsh
8. Sargent
9. Buderus
10. Woolnough
11. Simpson
12. Paterson
13. Reynoldson
--
14. Perry
15. Tolar
16. Newton
17. Brown

A few changes there. Vuna didnt get that involved that much, looks like he could be a livewire from the back. Uate to come in for just some pace and attacking flair.

Walsh to come in just for the sake of having another playmaking option and someone Mullen has played alongside at rep level.

strewth_mate

Bench
1. Gordon
2. Vuna
3. Franze
4. MacDougall
5. McManus
6. Mullen
7. Johns
8. Perry
9. Buderus
10. Woolnough
11. Simpson
12. Paterson
13. Reynoldson

14. Tolar
15. Sargent
16. Newton
17. Karawana

Kazaf

Juniors
strewth_mate said:
1. Gordon
2. Vuna
3. Franze
4. MacDougall
5. McManus
6. Mullen
7. Johns
8. Perry
9. Buderus
10. Woolnough
11. Simpson
12. Paterson
13. Reynoldson

14. Tolar
15. Sargent
16. Newton
17. Karawana

Yeh I also heard Johns is willing to put himself in a wheelchair to have one last crack for the grand final and save season 2007 for the Knights.
On a serious note, I'd see us very lucky to be in the finals, we either lose my 13+ or in some cases 20+, and we only ever win within 1-10 or 13 margin.

We arent a dangerous side, not a threat to anyone.

Need to make some serous changes Smith!

Gene Krupa

Referee
strewth_mate said:
1. Gordon
2. Vuna
3. Franze
4. MacDougall
5. McManus
6. Mullen
7. Johns
8. Perry
9. Buderus
10. Woolnough
11. Simpson
12. Paterson
13. Reynoldson

14. Tolar
15. Sargent
16. Newton
17. Karawana

Seriously!

fred_knight

Juniors
Kazaf said:
Yeh I also heard Johns is willing to put himself in a wheelchair to have one last crack for the grand final and save season 2007 for the Knights.
On a serious note, I'd see us very lucky to be in the finals, we either lose my 13+ or in some cases 20+, and we only ever win within 1-10 or 13 margin.

We arent a dangerous side, not a threat to anyone.

Need to make some serous changes Smith!

Maybe Smith is the change we need, I personally dont rate him, i know he has little to work with, but he hasnt convinced me yet...

Jono078

Referee
fred_knight said:
Maybe Smith is the change we need, I personally dont rate him, i know he has little to work with, but he hasnt convinced me yet...
What were you exactly expecting from us to convince you about him?

fred_knight

Juniors
anything really, i was hoping they would make the right decision by appointing him, but no not at all...grab langy while we can, he is a good coach, dont know why Penrith punted him, better then smitty, more passion then smitty and hages combined

RABK

Referee
Well i've always had serious doubts about Smith and i am probably one of only a few to do so.

Too many Knights fans quickly buried their heads firmly up Smith's ass before ever seeing any results. I mena i was no fan of Hagan but the difference between Hagan and Smith is nowhere near as great as Knights fans make out.

Yeh he has promoted juniors, but don't be so blindly biased - Hagan did that too. He is making stupid selections just like hagan - backrower at 5/8, Brown at Hooker... not bringing up Uate/Franze/Hinton ahead of absolute Nuffies.

I'm not sold on Smith and won't be for quite sometime - maybe he did inherite Hagans nuffy squad - well 90% of those nuffies are off contract and he should have close to $1.5 mil to spend.

Balls in your court Brian - put simply today was not acceptable injuries or no injuries.

roopy

Referee
most experienced team possible anyone?

Polglaze
Tighe
Franze
McDougall
Carmont
??????
Mullen
Perry
Buderus
Woolnough
Newton
Simpson
Reynoldson

Sargent
Davico
Tanner
Tolar

Misanthrope

Staff member
1: Polglase
2: McManus
3: MacDougall
4: Franze
5: Vuna
6: Karawana
7: Mullen
8: Woolnough
9: Buderus (c)
10: Davico
11: Simpson
12: Newton
13: Patterson

14: Sargent
15: Perry
16: Tolar
17: Walsh

Jono078

Referee
Taufua starting CWB?

I think today proved he isnt quite ready.

He improved a lot today on previous FG games, but he still gets sucked in to defenders, I think the Broncos first try was a good example of that.

He needs to work on his defencive reads before he is a starter, otherwise id be ok with him off the bench.

EDIT: We can forget about Taufua all together, apparently has a broken arm :(

Frederick

Staff member
Jono078 said:
He needs to work on his defencive reads before he is a starter, otherwise id be ok with him off the bench.
Maybe we should start the whole team from the bench? :lol:

CJKnight

Juniors
I think there will be a couple of basic changes, but nothing more:

1. Polglase: has shown he is more than capable at the back
2. McManus: his perormance, particularly in defence, is getting better each week
3. MacDougall: neither here nor there, but his experience does make a difference
4. Franze: has put his hand up in PL, deserves the first crack
5. Vuna: showed some promising signs, offers more than Tighe and Carmont put together
6. Brown: Has shown more at 5/8 than at Hooker
7. Mullen: there has been calls for him to move back to 5/8, but we may as well use his talent.
8. Perry: seems to be a starter every week regardless, just needs more minutes
9. Buderus: we miss his vision when he is out of the side
10. Newton: his workrate seems to double whenever he plays prop
11. Simpson: hopfully he will be healthy again this week
12. Patterson: Newton's move to prop provides room for him, we need the extra grunt out wide
13. Reynoldson: made 33 tackles against the broncos, very solid defensively

14. Snowden: Seems to be improving after a couple of games in FG, give him time
15. Woolnough: 4 offloads against the Broncos, imo our most consistent forward this year
16. Sargent: we need his experience in the side, besides I think Tuafua has a broken arm?
17: Tolar: made some cruching hits, really stood up to the Broncos forwards

I think having our bigest men on the bench rotation will keep them fresh and get the best out of them.

voltron

Juniors
I agree with CJ's team
except @ 6 id have Karawana
and Young on the bench
instead of....umm.....sargent...or tolar i guess
not sure, hard to pick, but a non-forward would be good against the roosters i think

keeney

First Grade
Vuna didn't really do anything to base your assessment of him on. Reyno made 39 tackles not 33. Newton is a better 2nd rower.