What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team Vs. Storm

Benek

Juniors
Well f*ck, Nielsen is still there:

VODAFONE WARRIORS
1 SAM TOMKINS
2 DAVID FUSITUA
3 DANE NIELSEN
4 NGANI LAUMAPE
5 MANU VATUVEI
6 CHAD TOWNSEND
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 SAM RAPIRA
9 NATHAN FRIEND
10 JACOB LILLYMAN
11 JAYSON BUKUYA
12 SIMON MANNERING (c)
13 SEBASTINE IKAHIHIFO
Interchange:
14 BEN HENRY
15 SUAIA MATAGI
16 SILIVA HAVILI
17 FELETI MATEO

WellsNZ

Juniors
I don't like that TL is injured, but I do like that Townsend is going to get another opportunity and they don't have to "drop" anyone to do it.

vvvrulz

Coach
Neilson just turned in the worst performance by anyone in a Warriors jersey this season.
Hurrell was arguably MOTM (according to us) two weeks ago.

Its geniused selection.

ozenzud

Juniors
TL and Tomkins were starting to get their combo going. That offered an attacking option. OUT

Matalino on the edge, offered an attacking option. OUT

Konrad may be a defensive liability, but he was an attaking option. OUT

Nielson is a defensive player and he offers nothing on attack. IN

My predicition, our defence will be better, but we will get done like 20-10 again as we can't score points.

Izz

Bench
Glad to see Mateo back. That was really all we were missing last week, i thought, a ball-playing backrower. We'll be pretty potent once Matulino is back next week, if McFadden persists with playing him on the edge, that is.

Interesting to see only 3 props named. Will Seb play minutes at prop?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
P*ssed off Hurrell isn't there. Nielsen got the 'must improve' from his coach, put in another absolute stinker yet is still there.

The one adage I've always believed in with sport is 'do what the opposition would least want you to do'. Anyone believe the Storm would prefer Hurrell to Nielsen? I doubt it.

I'll be there and hoping, but it'll only be hope that I carry to AAMI.

jaseg

Juniors
Right. I might catch a bit when I'm out for drinks but I'm not going out of my way to watch this game. After the last three weeks I'd probably prefer just about anyone at the club at centre over Nielsen (except Carlos).

How the **** does Mateo make it back into the team and not Konrad? Instead of going with a 3 prop rotation after dropping Gubb (just about the only change I'm happy with) why not give Sam Lisone a taste of NRL? He deserves it. More than bloody Mateo in any case!

Out of all the lineups I saw suggested in the vs Dragons thread, only the troll one (with Carlos and Nielsen together) was worse than the reality.

Izz

Bench
Interested to know what everybody would change.

Obviously we all want Hurrell back in there.

TL injured, Matulino & Sione Lousi suspended, so can't have them.

Fish still injured, i think. Locke probably a couple games off being FG-ready.

Who comes in? Palavi? Sam Lousi? Vete?

vvvrulz

Coach
Injuries and Neilson aside, that's pretty much full strength.
I don't have a problem with selections other than bloody Neilson.

Benek

Juniors
For me the only major change would be Hurrell in for Nielsen. I can live with the other selections given the injuries and suspension we have.

hitman82

Bench
http://tvnz.co.nz/rugby-league-news/sione-lousi-slapped-three-match-ban-5885218

In:
Sione Lousi
Hurrell
Any big forward, as there are a few in good form for the lower grade

Out:
Nielsen
Mateo
Henry

Mateo has not earned his return. And FMD if he has, then what the f**k does Hurrell need to do? I can tell you right now which of them is more likely to win us a match.

Henry brings NOTHING to our already tiny backrow. We need bigger forwards... and we have them! But McFadden is clearly off his head.

Meth

Staff member
I would have liked to see-

1- Tomkins
2- Fusitua (I don't think it's his spot for long, but deserves a couple of games)
3- Laumape
4- Hurrell
5- Vatuvei
6- Townsend
7- Johnson
8- Rapira
9- Friend
10- Gubb (who else is there? Poching? Vete?)
11- Bakuya
12- Mannering
13- Ihahihifo

Res- Lillyman, Matagi, Havilli, Mateo