What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs the Ponies

Special K

Coach
I have no problem with Cordoba, tautai on the other hand, jeez.

I would prefer dougs back to the back row, Snowden to start, mannah on the bench and tautai f**k right off.

No point having flanagan either since he gets shyte minutes

Pom can play a wide running back rower which really is prob his better position anyway.

Would prob prefer to see kelly & frizell get a run too, with graham at lock.

wont happen but a better team would be

1.Gardener
2.Williams
3.Wright
4.Best
5.Stapleton

6.Kelly
7.Townend

8.Cordoba
9.Morris
10.Snowden

11.Smith
12.Douglas
13.Graham

14.Tagatese
15.Pomeroy / Frizell
16.Mannah
17.Tupou

Ha! who am i kidding
I agree with that expect I wouldn't move Dougie to the backrow.

I doubt that is the side that plays.. Well I hope anyway:? . I thought Friz was goooorrrn?

imasharkie

Coach
Sharks Round 21 Team Lists

26/07/2011 2:41:55 PM

Sharks coach Shane Flanagan has made a number of changes to his team to play the Brisbane Broncos on Friday night. View the NRL, NYC and NSW Cup team lists here.
With skipper Paul Gallen unavailable due to a calf strain, Flanagan has moved Kiwi International Jeremy Smith to lock, with Taulima Tautai named to start in the second row.
More interestingly, Matthew Wright has made a swift recovery from a neck injury suffered in the Sharks loss to St Geoge Illawarra and has been preferred to Ben Pomeroy in the centres. Pomeroy has reverted to the interchange bench.
And exciting young backrower Tyson Frizell has been chosen on an extended bench, with Flanagan expected to keep the final make up of his 17-man team close to his chest prior to Friday nights kickoff.
In the Toyota Cup, Sharks coach James Shepard has made just one change, that being related to Frizell's promotion to the NRL squad. Haydn Peacock comes into the starting side in his place, while Tokerau Raru and Richard Irwin are the new names on a six-man interchange bench.
The Toyota Cup are currently third on the competition ladder following five consecutive victories.
The Sharks NRL squad travels to Brisbane on Thursday before taking on the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night.

Sharks Round 21 teams for this weekend:
INJURY UPDATE
NRL:
Sharks v Brisbane Broncos
Friday, July 29
Suncorp Stadium, 7.30pm
1 Nathan Gardner
2 John Williams
3 Matthew Wright
4 Colin Best
5 Nathan Stapleton
6 Wade Graham
7 Chad Townsend
8 Josh Cordoba
9 John Morris
10 Luke Douglas
11 Taulima Tautai
12 Anthony Tupou
13 Jeremy Smith
INTERCHANGE
14 Kade Snowden
15 Sam Tagataese
16 Stuart Flanagan
17 Ben Pomeroy
18 Johnny Mannah
20 Tyson Frizell

NYC:
Sharks v Brisbane Broncos
Friday, July 29
Suncorp Stadium, 5.15pm
1. Luke Pickerd
2. Ali Hijazi
3. Callum Tutauha
4. Stewart Mills
5. Daniel Moroko
6. Jake Walsh
7. Penani Manumalealii
8. Rodney Coates
9. Dane Malone
10. Teni Waipouri
11. Haydn Peacock
12. Sione Masima
13. Tyrone Peachey
14. James Hasson
15. Dylan Hill
16. Michael Lichaa
17. Duncan Reilly
18. Tokerau Raru
21. Richard Irwin

NSW Cup:
Sharks v Newtown Jets
Saturday, July 30
Henson Park, 3.00pm
1. Isaac Gordon
2. Kose Lelei
3. Dean Collis
4. Beau Champion
5. Ricky Leutele
6. Albert Kelly
7. Tim Smith
8. Siosaia Vave
9. Jarred Farlow
10. Jack Afamasaga
11. Robbie Rochow
12. Atelea Vea
13. Broderick Wright
14. Sione Kite
15. Andrew Clayton
16. Scott Porter
17. Trent Grubb

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Just on ONE point... if a coach identifies a centre is of no beneifit to the team why put him to the bench? What message does this send to Pom. You aren't fugged enuff to punt to reggies and not good enuff to start.

You are somewhere in between... coming of the bench.

Is there any other team in the comp who rotates centres?
Or maybe Pom to centre and Wright to wing and Best to other centre and pom to wing and williams to bench?

And Pom would be useless in the pack. his hands and coordination are liabilities. The penalties would be in the 20s against us.

Definately not the team. surely.

It's a sticky move 73

In fact it's straight outta sticky's book

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Well Said buck naked. I might not completely agree , but I mostly do. Much prefer to have a guy who is giving 100% & giving a damn in the team than a class first grader going through the motions.
The Tautai criticism is ridiculous. The guy has been going well. Sure not a great game last week, but hes having a fair dinkum crack.
In the end, Buck, I think you are the only person in this forum that has seen what the coach is trying to do with the reshuffle, as opposed to semi sacking player for "alleged" incompetence.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Well I would not be surprised to see Kelly or Mills to make a surprise appearance. He is trying to rebuild the left hand side or he is shielding. Which will it be.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
Tautai is dumb, guaranteed 2 penalties a game. Other than that, he shows glimpses of a good footballer, glad he is going back to Parra.

Poss

Juniors
Bench is very weird.
Snowden on the bench is ok.
TakeItEasy on the bench is good.
Flannagan and Pom? wow.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Tautai is a nuffie, not a first grade footballer, I'd try 100% if Flanno gave me a start, doesn't mean I should be in the team.

There is no way that is the team that will run out on Friday night, surely no-one is dumb enough to field that team against the broncos.

Is Gal definately out?

Since 73

First Grade
I'd imagine he would travel with the team and take his boots.
Hopefully the bright lights and a full Suncorp encourages him to put 'em on.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Tautai is a nuffie, not a first grade footballer, I'd try 100% if Flanno gave me a start, doesn't mean I should be in the team.

There is no way that is the team that will run out on Friday night, surely no-one is dumb enough to field that team against the broncos.

Is Gal definately out?

No but the short turn around isn't doing him any favours. If we play Saturday they reckon he would definately start so take from that what you like.

webShark

Is Gal definately out?
No, my source says he is a day to day proposition. I think he would play if the result mattered.

I am in the minority who would rather miss out on the finals than get flogged in Round 1. I couldnt take the build up about 'on our day we might spring a surprise' etc. Give Gall a deserved rest.

Last edited:

On The Up

Juniors
Just on ONE point... if a coach identifies a centre is of no beneifit to the team why put him to the bench? What message does this send to Pom. You aren't fugged enuff to punt to reggies and not good enuff to start.

You are somewhere in between... coming of the bench.

Is there any other team in the comp who rotates centres?
Or maybe Pom to centre and Wright to wing and Best to other centre and pom to wing and williams to bench?

And Pom would be useless in the pack. his hands and coordination are liabilities. The penalties would be in the 20s against us.

Definately not the team. surely.

He is obviously on the bench to fill into the backrow, with the added bonus he could cover Wright who I assume may not be 100% over his injury.

It's not such a dumb move and Flano obv believes Pom has the ability to play a different game when required.

Pom is a talented player who hasn't quite strung consecutive performances together like he should. It hasn't helped that at a time he needs to develop his own game, he has had to also worry about defending outside a young halfback new to first grade

PHaTMaN

Juniors
IMO if he is almost right he should play, sounds like they wont be 100% sure even on game day but I reckon he has to go for it.

We are long shots to win with him still, but no chance without him. I know we arent much of a chance for the 8 but we still gotta do everything we can to make it and if we loose this weekend we are pretty much gone for the year.

No point resting him up and pbeing 100% for games that dont matter.

On The Up

Juniors
Don't be an idiot, to say we are no chance without Gallen is pretty offensive to the rest of the playing group. No doubt his presence adds a massive amount to the team but to just write us off so easy is ridiculous

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Hey On the Up I would love to see us beat the Ponies Gallen or no Gallen, but based on what I have seen so far this year we just cant. I know a week is a long time in footy and I expect a much better performance than last weekend but until they show me different you'll have to forgive me if I don't really care if I offend anyone from a team that cant score a point against Newcastle.

Anything is possible but there is a reason we are paying over $4 to win this game. I love the sharks but there is only so long you can wear the blinkers and convince yourself they are good. I'll be over the moon if Im proven wrong but I'll be tipping against the Sharks for the third time in my life if Gal doesn't play (mind you they have won the other two times haha).