What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Warriors

The Colonel

Immortal
Scotty...... come on Dvd everyone knows Scotty!

:D

Try the number nine in Jersey Flegg. Scotty Jones. BGD's fave player. ;-)

Utey

Coach
Very dissapointed that Pearson isnt on the bench, he may be old but dynamic off the bench. Wagon needs to be 5/8 becuase again we have played a two lock strategy, however Wagon needs to play a captains knock and defend well agaisnt the bulky NZ pack. Muckert at 13 isnt a good decision becuase that guy can slot into 5/8 if need be. Peek will have to play himself into form and show us what he was capable at the start of teh season. Why have we started Stapleton. Rememebr at teh beginning how good Stapleton and Peek were off the bench. I Like widders there on the bench. Most likely Armit will go on for Tsoulos becuase of his troubled shoulder. Thorman again in the 18 will most likely drop out. Grothe fans head up he may be a late inclusion. He could outpace both NZ wingers IF HE FINDS SPACE

Stagger eel

Staff member
BlueandGoldDust said:
Give Scotty a shot at 1st grade!!! He'd kill it over there

I think "Dust" means Flegg hooker Scott Jones!

a good young player with an enormous heart! but surley B and G couldn't be serious!! could he??? :oops:

Stagger eel

Staff member
I spoke to Guru on saturday night, and he's really going to try and get back on the field this week.

btw: he will discuss his future with manegement this week but seems to think he'll hang around as Parra have an option on him.

fish eel

Immortal
btw: he will discuss his future with manegement this week but seems to think he'll hang around as Parra have an option on him.

As always....you are a fountain of knowledge :D

Eels Dude

Coach
I don't like this side. I think Ash Graham should be in premier league till he's recovered fully. We need another playmaker, perhaps Morris should play at 5'8th and have Wagon at lock.

scottyeel

Bench
Eels Dude said:
I don't like this side. I think Ash Graham should be in premier league till he's recovered fully. We need another playmaker, perhaps Morris should play at 5'8th and have Wagon at lock.
I do too. I think ash needs time in 1st division because he is playing no where near his form before his injury last year.

lolesi said:
saw eric at northies on sunday having a beer with fitzy! Massive blokes

do they still share accomodation...didn't want to say are they still living together and give the impression they are twinkies....you know what I mean!

Eels Supporter

Juniors

It wouldn't matter where Ash Graham was playing - First Grade or Premier League. If he does not get the ball there is not much he can do. And if the opposition attack down their right side like Penrith did on Saturday he can't make many tackles. Luke Rooney was in the same position in that game. Same goes for the all the criticism of Luke Burt's play as well. I have to agree that Ash is not at his best but he is improving week by week. It will be interesting to see what happens when Eric is back.

lolesi

First Grade
Belly in Brisvegas said:
lolesi said:
saw eric at northies on sunday having a beer with fitzy! Massive blokes

do they still share accomodation...didn't want to say are they still living together and give the impression they are twinkies....you know what I mean!

:lol: :lol: no idea mate

no one ever knows, eelevation..........:p

Personally I'd prefer Jack to start and Hopkins off the bench to provide a rotating halves/hooker scenario. Only other option I see is to play Thorman off the bench, which I won't disagree with.

Eels Dude

Coach
Eels Supporter said:

It wouldn't matter where Ash Graham was playing - First Grade or Premier League. If he does not get the ball there is not much he can do. And if the opposition attack down their right side like Penrith did on Saturday he can't make many tackles. Luke Rooney was in the same position in that game. Same goes for the all the criticism of Luke Burt's play as well. I have to agree that Ash is not at his best but he is improving week by week. It will be interesting to see what happens when Eric is back.

I have nothing against Ash's form, but it's obvious he is still far from 100% and I think he would be better suited playing first division for a while. Whenever he is put in a gap he just doesn't have the speed at the moment to carry it all the way, we're really lacking that burst of energy on his side of the field. Ash will hopefully get his top speed back, but until then we need someone else on the wing.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Eels Dude said:
Eels Supporter said:

I have nothing against Ash's form, but it's obvious he is still far from 100% and I think he would be better suited playing first division for a while. Whenever he is put in a gap he just doesn't have the speed at the moment to carry it all the way, we're really lacking that burst of energy on his side of the field. Ash will hopefully get his top speed back, but until then we need someone else on the wing.

Exactly, but some people will continue to push this guys claim on a first grade spot.

Parraren

Bench
Eels Dude & Dvd I agree to a certain extent but who would you play on the right wing instead of Ash at the moment?

Even when Grothe is back I'd still like to see Ash keep his place because our defence on our right side has looked so much better with Graham & Langi there. Matt Petersen for some reason just doesn't play well on the right side but he looks alot more comfortable on the left where Grothe normally plays. Young Brett Anderson is an option but his inexperience is also a big factor. Graham is visibly improving with each game and I just don't see a better option there at the moment.