What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams for Sharks vs Cowboys (Round 5)

Grantwhy

Juniors
Someone else can post the Sharks :)

North Queensland Cowboys

Run On Team

1. Matt Bowen
2. Ty Williams
3. Josh Hannay
4. Paul Bowman
5. Matt Sing
6. David Myles
7. Johnathan Thurston
8. Paul Rauhihi [c]
9. Aaron Payne
10. Carl Webb
11. Steve Southern
12. Justin Smith
13. Luke O'Donnell

Interchange

14. Rod Jensen
15. Leigh McWilliams
16. Micheal Luck
17. Shane Tronc
18. Brenton Bowen

lolesi

First Grade
I hope Matt is abit sore so he can not play against us so Brenton comes in, but then next week Matt is fine.

millersnose

Post Whore
gee thats a pretty good side

i think we have them in the forwards and halves and they have us out wide

MightySharks

Bench
Sharks name team to take on Cowboys
Written by: League Correspondent
5/04/2005 Views: 1

Cronulla Sharks coach Stuart Raper has named a strong squad to take on the North Queensland Cowboys at Toyota Park on Saturday evening.

This promises to be the game of the round as both teams are near full strength and spirits will be high after both squads had impressive wins last weekend.

Coach Rapers team is;

1 DAVID PEACHEY
2 DAVID SIMMONS
3 NIGEL VAGANA
4 RYAN MCGOLDRICK
5 LUKE COVELL
6 ADAM DYKES
7 BRETT KIMMORLEY
8 JASON STEVENS
9 MATT HILDER
10 DANNY NUTLEY
11 REECE WILLIAMS
12 PHIL BAILEY
13 PAUL GALLEN

INTERCHANGE

14 HUTCH MAIAVA
15 PAUL MELLOR
16 JAMES STOSIC
17 MICHAEL SULLIVAN
18 GREG BIRD

Nuffs

Bench
i hope bird in for mellor too

mellor for simmo wouldn't hurt either. but hey, i doubt it very much

Grantwhy

Juniors
and here are the match officials

REFEREES

• Referee - Tim Mander
• Video Referee - Steve Carrall
• Touch Judges - Michael Jones, Matt Cecchin

metalshark

Juniors
sorry, have to disagree special k and nuffs, IMO mellor should stay on bench. I would hate to be in raper's shoes right now, its a hard choice to make. drop either stosic or maiava for bird or

replace r. williams for bird

IMO no-one deserves to be dropped, i just believe mellor should stay as he is very experienced and i have no idea how he was going in england, but i remember mellor was a gun under both lang and amderson before he was axed

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
there is no doubt that mellor should be on the wing for Simmons.
Taht would mkae our wings very solid indeed with Unco killing it on the other side.
Not the fastest wingers, but if the other teams are good enough to get the tries through them, then so be it.
Between the two of them they will score more trys through great leaps, good reading & brut strenghth than any Simmons like winger anyway.

blacktip-reefy said:
there is no doubt that mellor should be on the wing for Simmons.

how freaking' obvious is this ? why in hell can't raper see this ???

now that we know barry pierce reads this forum i appeal to our chairman to finally make a positive contribution with team selection meddling and send david simmons on a play date with mumpy boy williams

not sure how thurston will go at half. don't see his strengths as an organiser, great talent but more an attacking 5/8 for mine.

scramble defence will need to be top notch again becuase the cowboys will make breaks out wide. hopefully simmons can bounce people off his wrists again towards actual tacklers

thankfully we have a forward pack again and should match them up front to lay the platform for noddy and dykes again. forward clash should be hardcore though.

anybody know why they've named 18 players ? there's no judiciary problems. is somebody carrying an injury or is it some kind of anti-mumps procedure ?

Just cant see Raper dropping Simmons for Mellor, that would be the smart thing, hope that Bird gets run over Mellor on bench, if goes that way.

Stosic has to stay, he makes great yardage when on, he is a 50 min player.

Hutch for his 20 min bursts.

Stevo fitter now might get through first 30 mins then bring Hutch on for 10 before half time

elyod138

Bench
Spirit of League, thurston played halfback against the knights and we put 52 on them and the cowboys always name an 18th man to travel with the team for away games and paul bowman, matt bowen and josh hannay all suffered minor injuries last week.