What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams for this week

parramaniac2516

Juniors
I thought Tahu had not played to his potential but Last week against Souths just showed why he is so important to us he beat like 3-4 defenders on the way to the line and that try was just awesome.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
Love that first grade side. No offence to Burt but that my be the most exciting backline we have seen this year and Mateo to 13 really excites me.

I know a lot of people are saying Moimois best role is coming off the bench but Cannings is not a great starter either IMO. At least we can hopefully match the Broncos with aggression early (with Moimoi and Cayless) and then also have Fui coming off the bench in his second part of the game in his better role

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
[BTW everyone - i merged the two threads to save confusion - if you were confused] :lol:

cardinal said:
2 things, Would you rather Cannings be leaving the club or Fui. I think most people would want to keep fui which imo says he is the better player, who therfore should have more game time and be in the position to have a bigger impact on the game. Secondly Ian H was very strong against souths and is a mile better defender than Wellar at this stage, I agree he is getting on but he still offers a lot. Did you see the hit he put on to turn the ball over on sunday?

I saw the replay and It was Tahu hit that dislodged that ball, Ian pickded the ball up.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I know it says Fui starting, but it wouldnt surprise me to see Cannings start, as he has more impact starting than Fui.

As for Riddell, I think Marsh offers a lot more at dummy half then Riddell. At times Riddell tries to barge from dummy half, which isnt a bad option, but not if its the last tackle and theres about 3-4 defenders in the ruck.

Riddell is better when comes on after 20 minutes and then comes off, and then comes on the final 20 as a backrower.

cardinal

Juniors
Jake the snake said:
I saw the replay and It was Tahu hit that dislodged that ball, Ian pickded the ball up.

Yeah your right I just watched it again I thought Ian got him front on but T's shoulder probably had more to do with it. I still think Ian has somthing to offer.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
PARRA_FAN said:
I know it says Fui starting, but it wouldnt surprise me to see Cannings start, as he has more impact starting than Fui.

As for Riddell, I think Marsh offers a lot more at dummy half then Riddell. At times Riddell tries to barge from dummy half, which isnt a bad option, but not if its the last tackle and theres about 3-4 defenders in the ruck.

Riddell is better when comes on after 20 minutes and then comes off, and then comes on the final 20 as a backrower.
Agree there mate, Fui and Riddell of the bench like they did against the Tiger's. And that was easily the best we have played all season. But that is a good looking side. There was talk in the Courier Mail that Hodge's would play on Monday and at 5/8. Not sure if Benny is playing mind games or what?

cardinal said:
Yeah your right I just watched it again I thought Ian got him front on but T's shoulder probably had more to do with it. I still think Ian has somthing to offer.

I just think that In the go forward area that Huaraki offers 100% more, Were Ian always gets dominated he just has no leg drive. I thought Hurakai was solid in defence especially on our own line in the start of the 2nd half.

yy_cheng

Coach
Ian has played some very good matches. I think he plays better as a prop as he runs better lines.

He goes hard when playing prop but in the 2nd row, he seems to search around instead of running hard and straight.

I forgot about the PL at NSO... Brilliant! Like Henson Park, if you haven't been to NSO you are missing out on a great RL experience.

A weekend where FG is in Brisvegas is a great opportunity to come out to NSO. (Or go out to Fairfax and see Barney).

Bigfella

Coach
I think we are setting ourselves up to lose some games we should win if we persist with Riddell and Fui starting.

I think that we are much much better with Cannings and PJ starting.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
mateo is a perfect lock, love that move by hagan. it will be a tough match and thats why riddell may be good starting to rev em up and do the hard dirty work, then pj can come on and capitalise on poor marker defence and go straight through like he always does.

its interesting when it comes to starting riddell or pj because i reckon both are at the most effective when they come off the bench lol riddell because of his strong runs at tired defence and pj for his speed out of dummy half.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
parramaniac2516 said:
I thought Tahu had not played to his potential but Last week against Souths just showed why he is so important to us he beat like 3-4 defenders on the way to the line and that try was just awesome.

The quality of the pass and the decoy run were better.

sportsmad

Juniors
the mouths watering at this line up, feel sorry for Burty but his injury does at least let us see if all of us are right about the back line. Mateo at lock is something also been waiting to see. knock 'em out boy's, this is a chance to show Gould we have some steely desire to win games
FIRE UP PARRA!!!!!!