What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams sorted by points differential (RD 22)

Eelectrica

Referee
Whilst watching the Tigers destroy the Cowboys I thought I'd sort the teams based on their Points differentials, mainly for my own curiosity more than anything, but here it is:

1 Storm 270 - Life could be very interesting if we can beat these guys on Friday.
2 Sea Eagles 244 - We could help these guys win a Minor Premiership :crazy:
3 Warriors 135 **
4 Bulldogs 84 - Big movers by crushing the Raiders.
5 Broncos 71
6 Eels 58 - Just need to win 3 games and we keep 3rd spot
7 Sharks 35
8 Wests Tigers 6
9 Rabbitohs -8
10 Dragons -72
11 Titans -94
12 Cowboys -103 - We lose, they win, they're in 3rd spot next week :crazy:
13 Panthers -104 - On the bright side feelmewheener won't be playing against the dragons
14 Raiders -111 - I swear they were waving white flags as they ran onto the field
15 Roosters -169 **
16 Knights -242 - What's the record the Tigers set a few years back?
** Points differential won't come into play unless more teams tie.

V1er

Juniors
I think every game from now on in is crucial, with the comp being so close we really can't afford any losses to be safe.

Eelectrica

Referee
If no one minds, I just thought I'd update this list. With the way results fell it's probably not quite as crucial, but it would still be nice to have a healthier P/D as we have the anti-bye coming up. (It's not often that teams win in Melbourne. Not unheard of though of course).

Sharks could be a real chance for us to improve our P/D. They play tough defence, but have nothing in attack. If we score points early, we could put a good win on the board.
Also with the injuries and effort put in to tonights game, I think they really played their Grand final, and may well be flat next week.

strider

Post Whore
Eelectrica said:
If no one minds, I just thought I'd update this list. With the way results fell it's probably not quite as crucial, but it would still be nice to have a healthier P/D as we have the anti-bye coming up. (It's not often that teams win in Melbourne. Not unheard of though of course).

Sharks could be a real chance for us to improve our P/D. They play tough defence, but have nothing in attack. If we score points early, we could put a good win on the board.
Also with the injuries and effort put in to tonights game, I think they really played their Grand final, and may well be flat next week.

i'm terribly sorry, but i take offence to u updating that list

:lol: .... who cares if anyone minds - go for your life .... its quite an interesting list actually :thumn

strider

Post Whore
wittyfan said:
That table makes a strong case for some sort of bonus points system.
meh - i don't like bonus points ..... its too dependant on which newcastle or which cowboys team turns up on the night :lol:

Eelectrica

Referee
strider said:
i'm terribly sorry, but i take offence to u updating that list

:lol: .... who cares if anyone minds - go for your life .... its quite an interesting list actually :thumn
:lol: Thanks mate, I was begging for that (Well not literally, but still...:p )

Stagger eel

Staff member
Tyler Durden is a big fan of the points system however I agree it's not and shouldn't be part of our game.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
The only bonus point I want is that a team that loses in Golden Point still gets a point, where the winner gets two. If you are good enough to force the game into extra time, you deserve a point.

Did you know that the NRL is the only competition that has regular season extra time and awards points for a victory but gives nothing to the loser in extra time.

Most American sports have extra time but there can be no draw or tie and the season works on victories not a points system.
The only one that has extra time and gives points is the NHL that gives a point to the loser of the golden point extra time but if they get no result then it is a draw (1 point each).

The Problem with this is who plays the easy beat Twice or when they are the easy beat. Not every team plays ever other team twice so it makes a bonus point system unfair.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
MarkInTheStands said:
They have won 11 games.
Yeah i know but there for and against is terrible, the sharks is plus 35 and they are battling it out for the spoon.

Eelectrica

Referee
It's a strange comp for sure.
I don't really think a bonus point system is the way to go. Keep it about wins and losses. At the end of the season the Cowboys pitiful points differential will more than likely keep them out of the top 4.

Jono078

Referee
Eelectrica said:
16 Knights -242 - What's the record the Tigers set a few years back?

Worst F/A each year since 98:

98: Western Suburbs -431
99: Western Suburbs -659
00: Warriors -236
01: Panthers -326
02: Rabbitohs -432
03: Rabbitohs -301
04: Rabbitohs -357
05: Rabbitohs -218
06: Rabbitohs -343