What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams v Newcastle

parra pete

Referee
Jersey Flegg vs Newcastle
@ Energy Aust. Stadium on
Sat 11 March at 1:50pm
1 – Simon MICALLEF
2 – KJ McKENZIE
3 – Ben FARRAR
4 – David WILLIAMS
5 – Iwi HAURAKI
6 – Blake GREEN
7 – Kris KEATING
8 – Broderick WRIGHT
9 – Ray NASSO
10 – Justin WOOD
11 – David CAHALANE
12 – Trent WAICOKACOLA
13 – Kurt SORENSEN
14 – Jonathan TAVINOR
15 – Chris LAW
16 – Josh DAVIS *******
17 – Duan POANEKI
18 – James BOUSTANI
19 – Mark HENDY
20 – Sarkis DAHER
21 – Tim MANNAH

Coach – Troy Pezet[/quote]

Heard this kid goes OK. Anyone know anything about him?

PB

Bench
parra pete said:
Jersey Flegg vs Newcastle
@ Energy Aust. Stadium on
Sat 11 March at 1:50pm

15 – Chris LAW
16 – Josh DAVIS *******
17 – Duan POANEKI

Coach – Troy Pezet

Heard this kid goes OK. Anyone know anything about him?

I'm going to f##king hit you!:lol: ;-)

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
first grade - :clap:

a team you can set your watch by! WHOO HOO!! SEASON!!!!!!!!!

Avenger

Immortal
sooperdooper said:
i think avenger told me that he was so sure davis and mateo would start in pl...
told you so avenger :):)

I said that Davis will force his way in PL. You however are right re: Mateo. I owe you a beer if our paths ever cross. ;-)

Hurriflatch

Referee
I'm thinking Wags might even be on standby if Hindy doesn't come good there were rumours he may not be right.

If Hindy is out shove Morro to the 2nd row and Wags at lock.

Didn't one of the backs get a minor knock up in Port? might be why Petersen has been named either that or like last year he has been dubbed the perm. #18

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Interesting lineup, finally Cayless starts at prop in round 1. Cordoba to make his debut, well done Josh deserves to get picked. Not surprised about Wags, however Im surprised he's not in PL.

Also another one, Glen Morrison to lock after he spent most of the year last year at second row, do you think its got more to do with Kennedy's rep retirement and opening the door for Morrison. :D :pray:

Pazza

First Grade
Awesome Side!!!!!

Chad had to be there, his defence is so important to the side.

Swapping Chad and Glenn is a great idea for the side, helps us stay fresh from last year.

Cordoba, we needed some new talent up front with our ageing front row. Hope the kid really excels.

Riddell and Widders will add some awesome impact off the bench. But im sure Riddell we be back in the starting side soon.

Pazza

First Grade
Awesome Side!!!!!

Chad had to be there, his defence is so important to the side.

Swapping Chad and Glenn is a great idea for the side, helps us stay fresh from last year.

Cordoba, we needed some new talent up front with our ageing front row. Hope the kid really excels.

Riddell and Widders will add some awesome impact off the bench. But im sure Riddell we be back in the starting side soon.

Utey

Coach
Riddell will start sooner rather than later. Iam not sure if thats the exact run on side but Iam excited.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Will be very interesting to see how the lower grades go with a lot of players pushing for selection in 1st grade.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Great team.

Strong forward pack, great backline and our always reliable halves.

I think it was interesting for two main reasons, though:

(1) Marsh starting. Fan Day comments aside lol, he's a great player. But I thought the formula we had worked brilliantly - having Riddell use his brute strength to over-power and tire the opposition's forward pack, leaving it ready for Marsh to come on and wreak havoc. I suppose that by Marsh using his speed and agility to tire the forwards, bringing Riddell in against a tired pack woudl work just as well...

(2) Robinson in the starting second row spot. The guy is a good player, and his defense is usually brilliant. Hopefully he can make plenty of good tackles and let Hindmarsh and Morrison cause problems with the ball.

Overall, though, a great team! i'm so excited for Cordoba!

I'm just pissed off I won't be able to see Josh's debut...:cry:

bartman

Immortal
Great depth through the club. You just have to look at the names on the benches and realise there's still a few guys to add into the squads to realise what a strong club we are.

On paper. At the start of the season. The rest of the year is in fate's hands...