What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams v Newcastle

The Colonel

Immortal
NRL vs KNIGHTS
Parramatta Stadium
Mon 9 July 7pm

1 Luke BURT

2 Jarryd HAYNE
3 Ben SMITH
4 Timana TAHU
5 Eric GROTHE

6 Brett FINCH
7 Tim SMITH

8 Josh CORDOBA
9 Mark RIDDELL
10 Fuifui MOIMOI
11 Nathan HINDMARSH ©
12 Chad ROBINSON
13 Daniel WAGON

14 PJ MARSH
15 Ian HINDMARSH
16 Feleti MATEO
17 Aaron CANNINGS
18 Krisnan INU

COACH – MICHAEL HAGAN

PREMIER LEAGUE vs KNIGHTS
Parramatta Stadium
Mon 9 July 5pm

1 Joel REDDY

2 Etu UAISELE
3 Taulima TAUTAI
4 David WILLIAMS
5 Iwi HAURAKI

6 Kris KEATING
7 Blake GREEN

8 Brendan OAKE
9 Matt KEATING
10 Justin TSOULOS
11 Weller HAURAKI
12 Todd LOWRIE
13 Justin HORO

14 Ray NASSO
15 Richard FA’AOSO
16 Junior PAULO
17 Jeremy LATIMORE
18 Aaron WOOD
19 Alfred BETHAM

COACH – RIP TAYLOR

JERSEY FLEGG vs PANTHERS
Parramatta Stadium
Mon 9 July 3:20pm

1 Taputoa REA

2 Paul IVAN
3 Jonathan WRIGHT
4 Zac RUSS
5 Mase LALU TOGAGAE

6 Nathan CAMPBELL
7 Trent HODKINSON

8 Broderick WRIGHT
9 Luke MOTINELLI
10 Tim MANNAH
11 James GREHAN
12 Tony WILLIAMS
13 Martin LEWIS

15 Tim ROBINSON
16 David BAUMANN
17 Jay HEMING
18 Justin WOOD
20 Duan POANEKI

COACH – CRAIG CULNANE

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/news1577.asp

Nickeel

Juniors
Just peachy, that side.

Some doubt on Tahu then, I'm guessing, with Inu in no. 18?

Nick

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Looking at your Flegg side, there doesnt seem to be much, if not any of your SG Ball winning side there?

The Colonel

Immortal
Panther_Daz said:
Looking at your Flegg side, there doesnt seem to be much, if not any of your SG Ball winning side there?

Not this year. Many of those players are from our SG Ball side from last year..... quite a number of our SG Ball side are involved in the Schoolboys championships anyway.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
Interesting that Mateo and Robbo have switched roles. I actually thought the balance was better with Mateo starting. Anyone know the reason for the change (if any reason)

The Colonel

Immortal
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
Interesting that Mateo and Robbo have switched roles. I actually thought the balance was better with Mateo starting. Anyone know the reason for the change (if any reason)

Mateo has been targetted in attrack the past couple of games...... maybe giving him a chance to run on against some tired legs which IMO wouldn't be a bad thing against Newcastle.

Bazal

Post Whore
First grade is very strong, that back 5 has to be nearly the 2nd best in the comp at the moment...the pack seems a little more defensive first up though and I wish they would see that Fui is relatively ineffective as a starter...

strider

Post Whore
i'm a bit of a fence sitter with Fui starting ..... while i think he is great bench impact, I also think he can be very effective getting us off to a good start - I will never forget his first 15 mins against the panthers at penrith last year ..... he really is our main go forward guy in the pack and if he started from the bench and we started slow and needed to put him on early we'd be almost wasting a interchange (kinda)

PARRA_FAN

Coach
T-BONE MCGRAW said:

Id say Hagan knows that Newcastle have struggled with impact players in the past few weeks.

Mateo would be handy to come off the bench but has been playing well in the starting side.

Either way Parramatta's bench is still pretty good.

Bazal

Post Whore
The way I see it with Fui, is that whilst he adjusted well last week and played more of a Cayless-type hard working role, Cannings does that whether he starts or comes off the bench. So I just think that we are losing that massive impact Fui brings off the bench, which is a shame because it's an integral part of our ability to win games and win them well.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
strider said:
i'm a bit of a fence sitter with Fui starting ..... while i think he is great bench impact, I also think he can be very effective getting us off to a good start - I will never forget his first 15 mins against the panthers at penrith last year ..... he really is our main go forward guy in the pack and if he started from the bench and we started slow and needed to put him on early we'd be almost wasting a interchange (kinda)

I tend to agree. I think with Cayless currently out Moimoi has to start. However in a perfect world Moimoi would be a perfect bench prop coming on after 20 mins.

The Riddell/PJ argument is similar. Who should start and who should come off the bench. For me it is a very tough decision and I am happy with the coaching staff's decision here

Freak2

Juniors
I'm happy enough with Fui starting. I would like to see him not used on first or 2nd hit up though.

His impact after a solid hit up from Robinson, Cayless, Cannings or Hindmarsh is too much for a lot of defences to handle. First or 2nd hit up he is getting targeted to easy IMO.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
The Colonel said:
Not this year. Many of those players are from our SG Ball side from last year..... quite a number of our SG Ball side are involved in the Schoolboys championships anyway.

We have a few in the Schoolboy championships also. Having said that 7 players from SG Ball have gone onto Flegg this year from Penrith. Thats why it shocked me that Parra havent promoted any.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I hope Cordoboa pulls off another good performance like he's done in the last few weeks, especially with Cayless out.

The Colonel

Immortal
Panther_Daz said:
We have a few in the Schoolboy championships also. Having said that 7 players from SG Ball have gone onto Flegg this year from Penrith. Thats why it shocked me that Parra havent promoted any.

Probably given the injury worries at your club there has been a need to. At this stage of proceedings, we sit in first place in Flegg without those players anyways (with the Panthers still with a game in hand). A few of the current Flegg players will be part of the Top 25 next season and most likely training as part of the first grade squad and playing in the Toyota Cup and the SG Ball side will move up as part of the Toyota Cup as well. A few are still eligible for Ball next year as well.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Riddell shouldn't even be playing hooker the only time he has had impact this year is as a running forward

I've got no real problem with him start it's playing dummy half thats the problem, give PJ the full 80 and even have Riddell take a few runs from dummy half but right now Riddell is muchy more effective as a 2nd rower

Utey

Coach
Interesting to see Pig starting. Good move for this game in particular I reckon.