What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams v Warriors

yy_cheng

Coach
If our forward pack played like it did against the Knights, then he'll do alright.

But I reckon you'll see Morris taking alot of the plays

Hurriflatch

Referee
I wouldn't be surprised to see

Riddell comes off Marsh goes on

making it

6. Morris
7. Dusty
9. Marsh

then later in the game

Riddell comes back on but for Dusty

making it

6. Morris
7. Marsh
9. Riddell

Not saying it will happen or even that I agree with it but I could easily see it happen and won't be surprised if it does

Stagger eel

Staff member
Parraren said:
Jeremy Smith 5 weeks out of football and given the task to lead the team around at halfback? I dunno....

Can't say I'm confident. I guess Taylor didn't want to disrupt the side too much.

Hopefully Jeremy proves me wrong.

what would of been you're option?

at this stage I would of prefered Jeremy to blake, but only just

Parraren

Bench
eelavation said:
what would of been you're option?

at this stage I would of prefered Jeremy to blake, but only just

I don't mind Jeremy, but he's not a halfback imo.

I would have preferred PJ at half with Jeremy 5/8 and Johhny at hooker. That way we have 3 kicking options and three playmakers so there is not as much pressure on the 7 or 6 to come up with the plays with Timmy not there.

Taylor might end up playing it this way in any case.

I don't think it was the right time or the right game to blood a rookie like Blake.

At the end of the day, I think if our forwards get on top (as they have done in the past 4 weeks) then we will win regardless.

eel4life

Juniors
The game that sticks out in my mind is the Roosters game this year, in the second half we had no real kicking game where we could get out of trouble, but hopefully he just has a solid game, wouldnt mind if Morris plays a larger role at half back and smith swaping to 5/8th.

What i did notice in the bulldogs game that the smaller quicker players caused the damage late, PJ Morris Hayne can do some real damage.

Wade should have his best game this year due to him going there, most often than not a player always lifts when that is the case.

If we can match them in the middle of the park hang tough and not get over powered then we are in with a massive chance.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Looks like a good side, all injuries considered.

I trust JT knows what he's doing. He hasn't let us down yet.

Gronk

Staff member
Can Jeremy kick goals or will we have to rely on Morris again while Piggy is off ? Goal kicking might be more crucial this week. :?

Hurriflatch

Referee
Dusty might have a great game

The Kiwis don't have many options in the halves now that Benji is gorne and had he not been suspended J.Smith would've played in the test v GB this year so he might be out to impress a few people for the upcoming Tri-Nations series

Hurriflatch

Referee
The trick with Johnny is to make sure whenever Riddell isn't out there to score in the corner.

it may have missed but Morris' kick from the sideline was his best of the night

spiderdan

Bench
yy_cheng said:
If our forward pack played like it did against the Knights, then he'll do alright.
that's what i think as well.

i thought one of the reasons tim didn't play at his best earlier in the year is because of our forwards not getting the advantage.

the last few games they have gone pretty well, plus our whole side has controlled the ball well which has contributed to tim's form improving.

if our forwards play well then jeremy will hopefully show what he is really capable of in firsts.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Jeremy Smith.. JT are you f**king joking?

Sorry but we won't win with him at halfback. Rovelli is in great form, he'll play all over Jeremy.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
Dusty might have a great game

The Kiwis don't have many options in the halves now that Benji is gorne and had he not been suspended J.Smith would've played in the test v GB this year so he might be out to impress a few people for the upcoming Tri-Nations series

iam luke warm to jeremy at the moment...

ben roberts from the dogs will be the NZ half or 5/8 before Jeremy...

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I agree with JT's option of Jeremy Smith at halfback, whilst I dont like the idea, its probably the best option we've got. Dont forget we're still in with a chance of making the 8, so Taylor would rather a more experienced half than put in Green.

Lets hope Morris can continue his good form against the Warriors.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Vagana will play 6 and Stacey Jones will more than likely be available. Leuluai will be the backup to both so there doesn't appear to be a test jersey for him.

Bigfella

Coach
Actually, JT has not yet had to choose between Tim Smith and Jeremy Smith as first grade halfback has he? Other than his first day in charge when TS was demoted for disciplinary reasons (actually yes - the following week?)