What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams vs Bulldogs

hindy111

Post Whore
only players i wouldnt have there are oake
lowrie i give few more weeks till our attack is better or someon else steps up ( horo)

dazeely

First Grade
I'm just happy that Weller is playing Wenty still. Obviously DA doesn't need his eyes checked after all.

bartman

Immortal
I think people waiting for guys like horo and bauman to step up onto the firsts bench may be waiting a while... they are on the wenty bench behind guys like cordoba and hauraki and wright.

Junior Paulo may be an option to come into first grade after he's made a successful return from injury. But until then I wouldn't be surprised if DA shares that bench back row spot around between lowrie and oake.

Hopefully Wright gets to come back to firsts soon, can't remember him having a bad game?

Eels Dude

Coach
Don't forget Hindy gets used in the front row from time to time

He gets used there.... But whether's he's effective there is another matter and he certainly isn't when he's making 40 + tackles per game. To expect him to play a front row forwards role after tackling his arse off all game is a contingency plan at best.

Inu could do with a couple of weeks at Wenty just to get his confidence back IMO.
He's not playing badly just not as good as we know he can.

The Colonel

Immortal
Reddy to Return Against Bulldogs
Ross Smart
Pirtek Parramatta Eels Media

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Joel Reddy will make his return to the Pirtek Parramatta Eels starting line up for Sunday afternoon’s ANZ Stadium clash against the Bulldogs.
Reddy’s comeback from injury is the only change to the Eels side that played the Dragons on Friday night.
Head coach Daniel Anderson has retained the remainder of his starting 13, including naming Jarryd Hayne in the centres, Feleti Mateo at five eighth, Jeff Robson at halfback, Ben Smith in the second row and Nathan Hindmarsh at lock.
Sunday’s game kicks off at 3pm, following on from the Toyota Cup fixture at 12.45.
Toyota Cup head coach David Fairleigh gets his second player back from long-term injury in as many weeks, with 2008 stand out Mitchell Allgood named on the bench after overcoming ankle ligament problems.
Last week’s returnee Nathan Gardner has been named on the wing after scoring two tries in his comeback game against the Dragons.
All tickets to the Eels v Bulldogs match at ANZ Stadium include entry and travel on Major Event public transport - to and from the game - on CityRail, Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses, regular Sydney Buses and Sydney Ferries.
Remember to keep your ticket safe for your return journey home, as you must have a valid ticket when travelling on public transport. Call Transport Info on 131 500 or go to the website www.131500.info for full details.
In other team news, Wentworthville will have Weller Hauraki in the second row and Broderick Wright at lock when it plays its rain delayed round four NSW Cup clash against Windsor on Sunday.
And the Eels Harold Matthews Cup and SG Ball sides will again be in action after finishing in second position on their respective ladders at the conclusion of the District Representative season at the weekend.
Playoff action kicks off Saturday, with Matts playing the Roosters (11th place) at 12-noon at CUA Stadium, immediately after the Ball clash between the Eels and Cronulla (11th place).

NRL : PIRTEK PARRAMATTA EELS V BULLDOGS : ANZ STADIUM
SUN 19 APRIL 2009 : 3PM

1. Luke BURT 2. Joel REDDY 3. Jarryd HAYNE 4. Krisnan INU 5. Eric GROTHE 6. Feleti MATEO 7. Jeff ROBSON 8. Nathan CAYLESS [C] 9. Matthew KEATING 10.Fuifui MOIMOI 11. Todd LOWRIE 12. Ben SMITH 13. Nathan HINDMARSH INTERCHANGE: 14. Kris KEATING 15. Joe GALUVAO 16. Brendan OAKE 17. Tim MANNAH 19. Taulima TAUTAI COACH: Daniel ANDERSON

TOYOTA CUP : PIRTEK PARRAMATTA EELS V BULLDOGS : ANZ STADIUM
SUN 19 APRIL 2009 : 1245PM

1. Daniel CROSS 2. Nathan GARDNER 3. Brad GRAHAM 4. Taniela LASALO 5. Domenic NASSO 6. Albert KELLY 7. Daniel MORTIMER [C] 8. Kene TE WHATA 9. Daniel GALATI 10. Mitchel JOHNSON 11. Tim AUREMI 12. Royce HURA 13. Jason BAITIERI INTERCHANGE: 14. Lachlan GOWLAND 15. Mitchell ALLGOOD 16. Joel LATHAM 17. Boyd BROWN 18. TK AMOSA COACH: David FAIRLEIGH

NSW CUP : WENTWORTHVILLE MAGPIES V WINDSOR (POSTPONED R4 GAME) : WINDSOR SPORTS COMPLEX
SUN 19 APRIL 2009 : 230PM

1. Tim MORTIMER 2. Etu UAISELE 3. Jonathan WRIGHT 4. Greg NICHOLS 5. Mark HENDY 6. Jacob BYRNE 7. Mark O'GRADY 8. Josh CORDOBA 9. Kim UASI 10. Jeremy LATIMORE [C] 11. James GREHAN 12. Weller HAURAKI 13. Broderick WRIGHT INTERCHANGE: 14. Tim ROBINSON 15. Justin HORO 16. Danny HOWARD 17. Marty LEWIS 18. Mark LULAND COACH: Rip TAYLOR

SG BALL CUP : PIRTEK PARRAMATTA EELS (2) V CRONULLA (11) : CUA STADIUM PENRITH
SAT 18 APRIL 2009 : 1030AM

1. Chris ULUGIA 2. Daniel TUPOU 3. Rory BRIEN 4. Jacob LOKO 5. Thomas VANDERMADE 6. Jaydin TAVITA 7. Josh MURRAY 8. Rodney MOEFAAUO 9. Tim CRELLIN 10. Peni TEREPO 11. Kyle FRASER [C] 12. John LEIATAUA 13. Krys FREEMAN INTERCHANGE: 14. Kingi LASALO 15. Jarrod AZAR 16. Edan PRICE 17. Phil NATI 18. Jorge TAUFUA 19. Avagalu SEUMANUFAGAI 20. PJ ASIATA 21. Jason WEHBE 22. Olomanu USINI COACH: Mick LEWIS

HAROLD MATTHEWS CUP : PIRTEK PARRAMATTA EELS (2) V SYDNEY ROOSTERS (11) : CUA STADIUM PENRITH
SAT 18 APRIL 2009 : 12 NOON

1. Jacob GAGAN 2. Kelepi TANGINOA 3. Vai TOUTAI 4. Soane MANUMU'A 5. Derek GOLDING 6. Troy ERRINGTON 7. Sean MCGUINNESS [C] 8. Junior PAULO 9. Robbie KAMOTO 10. Josh NEALE 11. Jordan MALAKI 12. Joseph UALESI 13. Frazer MASINAMUA INTERCHANGE: 14. Brendon NEWTON 15. Chad MCGILL 16. John ASIATA 17. Alan KAMOTO 18. Kalausa LEHA 19. Adam MCMILLAN 20. Sione HEHEPOTO 21. Michael LEIFI 22. Todd GRAHAM 23. James TUITAHI COACH: Chris BRADBURY

http://www.parraeels.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=15629

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Do not see what someone like Oake offers the side, Brod on the bench for mine. And Sadly Lowrie on form probably deserves to be there ahead of some of the others.

Angry_eel

First Grade
i hope that in a couple of weeks:

• KK will be 5/8th with Robson at half.
  • Lowrie will drop out for Mateo at 13

Bazal

Post Whore
I just can't understand what Brod has done wrong...other than that, it's probably the best side we can name for the moment

Stagger eel

Staff member
I just can't understand what Brod has done wrong...other than that, it's probably the best side we can name for the moment

I think there's a story behind that which not many people know about, I guess it depends who you ask..

just on the side.

* I'm really dissapointed that DA has given KK the greenlight to wear Sterlos jersey, I think he's more than capable of causing heartache on the opposition for 8o minutes.

* Great to see Joel back.

* when was the last time Hindy wore anything other than 11 shirt in first grade?

* nice to see Heny rewarded with a spot i\ahead of Lulland for wenty.

* Gards played last week and may find himself in the picture if his injury free late in the year.

strider

Post Whore
ffs they need to name hindy in the 2nd row regardless of where he plays :fist: .... he'll lose all his power if he's not in #11

When I saw GreenandGoldJoel was named I started singing "Everybody have fun tonight (everybody have fun tonight).....everybody Wang chung tonight (everybody Wang chung tonight)

Yeeeeeeeaaaahhhhhh

Raudonikis

Juniors
* I'm really dissapointed that DA has given KK the greenlight to wear Sterlos jersey, I think he's more than capable of causing heartache on the opposition for 8o minutes.

Stagger did you mean you are dissapointed as to why he hasnt given KK that greenlight?

Stagger eel

Staff member

Stagger did you mean you are dissapointed as to why he hasnt given KK that greenlight?

yes..KK imo should be given the greenlight to stay on the field at 7 for 80 minutes..