What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams vs Canberra

Morenito

Juniors
PARRA_FAN said:
Another reason why Cannings is in PL is that incase we dont make the GF and the PL side does, Cannings would be eligible with enough games under his belt.

How many games does a player have to play?
How does that reserve grade eligability rule work???

Morenito

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
The other thing is with the come from behind win v Dragons in reggies last week the reggies team wrapped up the minor premeirship and it's time a few of them got some rewards for their strong year.

as a bonus it's easier on the likes of Wade, Wags and Petersen who haven't played for a few weeks to get back some match fitness.

I'm expecting Cordoba to line up in 1st grade and almost certainly at the expense of Michael Vella.

Just on the reggies team apparently both Williams and Graham picked up knocks in the Dragons game not sure if they are in any major doubt for the match tho.

Yeh Graham looked like he had done some damage to his knee in the last 10 minutes. Didnt look too good

Hurriflatch

Referee
Morenito said:
How many games does a player have to play?
How does that reserve grade eligability rule work???

As long as the higher grade is still in it doesn't matter

In theory if Parra make both the 1st grade and PL grand finals they could play Hindmarsh in the reggies Grand Final.

If the higher grade gets knocked out then it's 3 of the final 5 games or a certain % of the total games played that year (forget the excate number).

bartman

Immortal
Interesting reading....

I don't think Brian would name Cordoba in the squad and not play him. So he's blooding an extra forward in case we need to call on him in finals through injury or form.

And with Cannings mostly playing from the bench, maybe they think he needs a full game hit-out for fitness, so he's ended up downstairs this week? The only shock is Vella going straight to the bench first week back, but maybe that's why Cordoba is there - as a shadow?

The first graders in PL are all on their first week back from injury, aren't they? So if the club is confident in the likes of Reddy, Delaney, O'Dwyer, then this is the week to give them a(nother) go, if they think they'll help deliver the win against the Raiders.

Then it's all hands on deck next week for the Broncos, with health restored and confidence built. Sounds fine - if we don't drop this game.

Stagger eel

Staff member
..and as if the mind games haven't started! I went to bed scratching my head at the sides chosen yesterday, I still am.:lol:

Hurriflatch

Referee
Twizzle said:
then he is bound to sore a try

I must have seen him in one of the trials earlier this year

Actually, it's only been wingers, centres and fullbacks who have scored on debut

Tim Smith didn't score until his 2nd game
Brett Delaney (Centre), John Williams (Wing) and Joel Reddy (Fullback) all scored on debut it'll be interesting to see what happens with Cordoba who is the 1st forward to debut this year.

Freak

Juniors
Like most I am dumb founded with Smithy's selection criteria this week.

Has to be smokes and mirrors.

For starters Wade's injury I thought was a very severe Gash type injury. Surely a Gash is no more likely to open up again in first grade rather than prems???

The Colonel

Immortal
Freak said:
Like most I am dumb founded with Smithy's selection criteria this week.

Has to be smokes and mirrors.

For starters Wade's injury I thought was a very severe Gash type injury. Surely a Gash is no more likely to open up again in first grade rather than prems???

Why so?

Delaney and Reddy did nothing wrong on the weekend. The players coming back haven't played for a few weeks. I've said the same in another thread - Reddy is being rewarded for playing well and he now knows the coach has the confidence in him to play in place of his first choice fullback should he be injured during the finals. If we were playing the Bronocs this week Wade would have played no doubt, but it also says to him you have to work hard as your spot isn't assured.

Wagon, Peek and Petersen need match fitness as opposed to upsetting the team momentum....

Freak

Juniors
All good points Colonel!!

I guess it also gives Delaney and Reddy another opportunity to impress the coaching staff.

I just think Wade offers that little bit more on the edge of the rucks at the moment.

I think next week we have to see the side which is going to take us into the finals.

The Colonel

Immortal
Freak said:
I just think Wade offers that little bit more on the edge of the rucks at the moment.

I think next week we have to see the side which is going to take us into the finals.

Wade is playing well but if playing him min PL gets him back to speed even quicker than all the better. I have no doubt we will see a near to full strength side named for the Broncos game...

PB

Bench
Thanakfully some people with common sense have entered this thread in the later pages.

The first few pages are filled with people dumb founded and bagging the selections, despite the fact many people wanted Smith hung and maimed last year for not blooding enough young players.

Can't please every one can we.

Fish Eel said it best. The boys coing back through lower grades have all had leg injuries and are all 80 minute players, thus need further fitness first. Vella was a hand, he plays 40 odd minutes, and would have been doing some fitness work so if he is write, play him in 1's.

People whinge when players come up do a good job and get dropped, but now Reddy, Delaney etc are doing a good job, and people still want them replaced! Honestly.....

Latest posts