What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams vs Canberra

fish eel

Immortal
another school of thought?

A 'danger' game, one we should win, so he has left guys like reddy and delaney there, and brought up O'dwyer to keep the side fresh and for the enthusiam those guys have rubbing off on the rest of the side?

But still, I should know better than to try and second guess coach smith.

Hurriflatch

Referee
nup

Brian has taken the week off Morro and Tahu will coach the side this week.

Tsoulos has taken the job of captain of the cheergirls.

Petersen will do double duty and back up as cluib doctor in the main game

Hurriflatch

Referee
Would be pretty funny cause you can tell the likes of Hadley will lay into Brian before the game going on about the fact that there must be mass changes.

Then he keeps the team 1-17 (maybe bring in Cordoba)

i cant see all these players this week playing in reggies with 2 weeks to go in the comp and players been out, we need to work on the combinations again and fine tune, it wouldnt be a good idea against the broncos in the match that decides if u come 1st or 4th in my opinion

Macca_

Coach
fish eel said:
another school of thought?

A 'danger' game, one we should win, so he has left guys like reddy and delaney there, and brought up O'dwyer to keep the side fresh and for the enthusiam those guys have rubbing off on the rest of the side?

My thinking too. Also a few injuries have snuck in over the past few weeks. Keeps a few of the premmy guys in the loop incase they are needed during finals. Also gives a few of the guys coming back a 'less' comptitive game to give them a run ahead of the finals...

Maybe he wants to give Wagon and Co some match fitness before the Broncs game without them affecting the 1st grade team.

Happy to see our Future front rower In Cordoba being acknowleged by being named 18th man. Valu nasio is another to watch on the PL bench.

WA Eel

Juniors
My theory on why Brian has chosen this game to promote so many young players is that Canberra will be desperate and also they have a lot of younger players in their team. Promoting so many younger players would ensure that Parra will match the Raiders for enthusiasm. A good move I think.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Why the hell Is O'Dwyer in our side??

I'd rather Peter McPhail or Ryan Schofield considering how ordinary he is.

Canberra by 50

forward pass

Coach
The comp is too close and the standard is too high to have guys trying to retain match fitness in 1st grade. Great idea to put Wags in reggies - ready for the Broncs the week after.

As for Wade - I think he has been dropped - period. The signs were there that BS wasn't overly happy with him ie sitting on the bench against Raiders so I would say that Reddy has just done nothing wrong and won the spot. This will really get Wade going so it is a great move.

Vella hasn't been out as long as Wags and he never plays 80 minutes anyway so he should be okay for 1sts. Whereas Wags is an 80 minute player so BS will want him to play full reggies match. Can't see Wags being much good off the bench anyway.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
forward pass said:
As for Wade - I think he has been dropped - period. The signs were there that BS wasn't overly happy with him ie sitting on the bench against Raiders so I would say that Reddy has just done nothing wrong and won the spot. This will really get Wade going so it is a great move.

Wade sat on the bench because he cut his leg on a sprinkler (or something). Reddy has been great so Wade's in reggies to get some match fitness back before the Broncos game. The fullback spot is still McKinnon's.

Eelectrica

Referee
Of late the only time Smithy has altered his named team is when injuries have forced it. I don't think there will be changes somehow.
Hopefully Corboda can keep the tradition of Rookies scoring in their first match alive :cool:

Latest posts