1. Round 9 Edition OUT NOW:

The Round 9 issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and NRL match programme for is out now!

This week Andrew Ferguson shares an incredible piece detailing the birthplaces of rugby league and its clubs in Sydney. As always, we have the full program for the coming weekend's action across NRL, NSWRL and QRL with a wrap-up of the weekend just gone.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 9 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Tedesco rumour

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by jak, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

2. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

Mate , that was such a sad day for so many of us and I can assure you that you weren't the only one shedding a few tears .

The only difference was , that mine were in my beer . Come to think of it , it was the worst bluudy beer I ever had in my life !

But still we had a great run and it was time for other teams to have their time in the sun , at least we have great memories and no one can ever take them away from us .

dragonssamy61 and ALSGI like this.
  3. Eatons Hill Dragon

Eatons Hill Dragon Juniors

Or maybe it should have been St George Illawarra Dragons and the Western (piss off to WA) Sharks :grin:

Old Timer likes this.
  4. Drakon

Drakon Juniors

It was a sad day. I still remember the shock. I was 10 years old.

Gareth67 likes this.
  5. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 First Grade

Or ..... St George Illawarra with nothing in between.

6. St Georgio

St Georgio Juniors

Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
    Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
    It Should have been the St George Sutherland Dragons but those f**kers sold themselves to the Devil, anyway I love living In Mortdale and cruising to Kiama.

7. possm

possm Coach

After Super League it should have been Southern Districts - includes St George, Cronulla and Illawarra. A real super club with 3 leagues Clubs to support it and a junior catchment area larger than any other in the league.

While we're at it:
    St George / Cronulla / Illawarra should have been the joint venture call Southern Districts.
    Canterbury / Wests should have been the joint venture called South West Sydney.
    Balmain / Parramatta should have been a joint venture called Sydney Inner-West.
    South Sydney / Eastern Suburbs should have been a joint venture called Sydney City.
    Manly / North Sydney should have been called Northern Eagles and given more NRL help.

These were the hard decisions unable to be made by the NRL mainly because of vested interest of those in control. 5 Sydney first grade clubs with the former clubs keeping their former names in NsW Cup as feeder clubs for the new joint ventures.

With this policy there would have been plenty of opportunity to establish Clubs fielding first grade teams outside of Sydney. Adelaide, Perth, Rockhampton, Geelong, Sunshine Coast etc.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    Reddragon likes this.
  8. red rocket

red rocket Juniors

Great post possm makes to much sense for the idiots that run the show unfortunately they will have sheilas playing netball at halftime shortly the way they are running the game. Bring back the biff I say. And there was never nothing like the old smelling salts to clear the head

possm likes this.
  9. Life's Good

Life's Good Coach

Only in the Dragons forum could a rumour about Tedesco signing end up in a discussion about geography:grin:

jak likes this.