What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I know there are a few Tedesco threads from last year but this is more a comment than a desire to start a new thread about Tedesco.

I don't know how many of you guys have viewed the little snippets on the West Tigers home site. Asking players about favourite movies etc etc. If you have has anyone noticed how big Tedesco looks....

He looks to have put on quite a bit of size and muscle so that all goes well for what I hope is his best season yet. If you get a chance have a look.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm only interested in whether the following have happened
*Tedesco's legs are stronger
*Lawrence has dropped some kgs and is running fast and free
*Blair has improved his endurance and size
*Galloway is fit
*BMM is fit
*Brooks is linking well with Tedesco and Farah
*Farah is allowing Brooks to help direct the side
*Sironen's upper body has strengthened and his defensive technique has improved
*Simona remains the same size
*Koroibete's hands function better
*Austin has been practicing long kicks in general play only
*Richards has been working on catching bombs when he is in the air

If that's all happened then we are going to surprise many sides and pundits

BrotherJim05

Bench
I always knew Tedesco had huge potential but it wasn't untill the end of last season that we really saw this. The fact that he played with a broken leg for ages shows that he is a tough kid and his heart is in the team.

One thing I would like to see next year is our team muscling up as a whole. When you look at a team like Manly, their individual forwards aren't amazingly special (apart from Choc) but as a team they have the best defense in the comp. I feel its because they all muscle up as one unit like a brick wall. I really hope our forwards can do this aswell because the talent is definitely there

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Manly has a sound defence structure, outside backs can defend well 1 on 1 and so they use an umbrella defence menthod, forcing play to stay in the middle where they have more numbers and its easier to defend.

Its a simple method that works well with good defensive players but, as we saw at the Tigers in 2012 and early in 2013, its is dire when the team has too many defensively weak links.

magpie4ever

First Grade
I always knew Tedesco had huge potential but it wasn't untill the end of last season that we really saw this. The fact that he played with a broken leg for ages shows that he is a tough kid and his heart is in the team.

One thing I would like to see next year is our team muscling up as a whole. When you look at a team like Manly, their individual forwards aren't amazingly special (apart from Choc) but as a team they have the best defense in the comp. I feel its because they all muscle up as one unit like a brick wall. I really hope our forwards can do this aswell because the talent is definitely there

Fill me in on this one; played with a broken leg?