What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco

Pro Dragons

Juniors
I’m seriously questioning if dufty will play first grade for the saints again I think McGregor has moved on from him just wish he’d move on from the club too

I think Dufty has to bulk up before he comes back to first grade. Other teams drag him like a rag doll. He has great potential but he needs the size to cope with the week in week out riggers of the NRL.

ALSGI

Bench
I think Dufty has to bulk up before he comes back to first grade. Other teams drag him like a rag doll. He has great potential but he needs the size to cope with the week in week out riggers of the NRL.
Size would help for sure.

Slater and others showed it’s not essential though. Technique is what the smaller guys need to master (through coaching and experience).

He rarely gets rag dolled in a one on one situation (except his first few games). Most of the time Dufty get’s rag dolled is when a second and third (bigger) defender get involved and that can be mitigated with help from supporting players and positioning as was often displayed with Slater and others.

Coaching would also help as has been displayed in Bennet/Soward, Bennett/Langer/Lockyer days.

I just think Dufty’s stillour most promising back and we’d be crazy to play against him, because he’d do our other backs in a blink of the eye.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Size would help for sure.

Slater and others showed it’s not essential though. Technique is what the smaller guys need to master (through coaching and experience).

He rarely gets rag dolled in a one on one situation (except his first few games). Most of the time Dufty get’s rag dolled is when a second and third (bigger) defender get involved and that can be mitigated with help from supporting players and positioning as was often displayed with Slater and others.

Coaching would also help as has been displayed in Bennet/Soward, Bennett/Langer/Lockyer days.

I just think Dufty’s stillour most promising back and we’d be crazy to play against him, because he’d do our other backs in a blink of the eye.
I think Dufty lost confidence at the back end of last year, pretty much after I did my Dufty or Dugan poll, where most people said that they would take Dufty over Dugan. The whole team went off the boil and Dufty got exposed badly at the back. Since then his form has never been as good as the first 2 thirds of last year's comp. Maybe he would prosper under good coaching?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I think Dufty lost confidence at the back end of last year, pretty much after I did my Dufty or Dugan poll, where most people said that they would take Dufty over Dugan. The whole team went off the boil and Dufty got exposed badly at the back. Since then his form has never been as good as the first 2 thirds of last year's comp.
So it’s your fault..

Thanks, jerk..

Frank Facer

First Grade
So it’s your fault..

Thanks, jerk..
No it isn't my fault at all. The poll was massively in Dufty's favor. He should have gained confidence from reading the poll. Maybe he got complacent? I think the rest of the team's drop in form, was the major contributing factor in Dufty being exposed at the back and losing confidence. Then he was dropped to the bench. Then Mary dropped him to move Widdop to fullback.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
No it isn't my fault at all. The poll was massively in Dufty's favor. He should have gained confidence from reading the poll. Maybe he got complacent? I think the rest of the team's drop in form, was the major contributing factor in Dufty being exposed at the back and losing confidence. Then he was dropped to the bench. Then Mary dropped him to move Widdop to fullback.
Still your fault.

Latest posts