What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teig Wilton

He started off well in career looked so much upside, he just seems to have got to a point and that's it.

You can have that in your pack, but we seem to have too many of them.

Next year AFB, then we drop to Nikora who is hit and miss and Cam who dosent strike fear in teams.
Then a group of players all about the same.
I can handle JC and Tooks in that for the moment as hardly have any games underbelt, but the rest that's a lot of mid table players

Frenzy.

Immortal
He started off well in career looked so much upside, he just seems to have got to a point and that's it.

You can have that in your pack, but we seem to have too many of them.

Next year AFB, then we drop to Nikora who is hit and miss and Cam who dosent strike fear in teams.
Then a group of players all about the same.
I can handle JC and Tooks in that for the moment as hardly have any games underbelt, but the rest that's a lot of mid table players
So why is the Wilton the scapegoat?

Chimp

Bench
I’m not sure we need to be picking out any individuals (though agree Tieg has been average). My question would be, which player (or players) are playing better this year, than last year?

it’s a tricky one, but if the answer is none, or very few, then the coach and management team have questions to answer, as either our coaching is ineffective, or our squad management is poor.

Chimp

Bench
I’m not sure we need to be picking out any individuals (though agree Tieg has been average). My question would be, which player (or players) are playing better this year, than last year?

it’s a tricky one, but if the answer is none, or very few, then the coach and management team have questions to answer, as either our coaching is ineffective, or our squad management is poor.
I’ve been having a think about this….

I reckon of our top 18, 11 have gone backwards, 3 the same, 4 that have improved (including 3 who are new to 17);

Kennedy - BACKWARDS

Ronnie/Katoa - Great early in season, but both have significantly dropped off - BACKWARDS

Jesse - Slightly better

Iro - New in, so better, but nothing to measure against really

Tricky - About the same, maybe slightly better, but playing more, so naturally more experienced

Nicho - BACKWARDS

Toby/BHU/HUNT/OK - BACKWARDS (if I was being generous I could say samey samey)

Tom - A bit like Iro with nothing to measure against - started really good, now dropping off

Blayke - BACKWARDS!

Nikora - BACKWARDS (And I hate that, because I love him)

Tieg - BACKWARDS

Cam - Same

Sifa - Same

Williams - Same

fizman

Bench
Coaching is definitely the issue. Fitzgibbon has continually stated “We are trying to find our identity” - we are closing in on 3 seasons and yet, the only identity is our inconsistancy.

When Fitzgibbon took the job he mentioned how excited he was with everything already in place - we all agreed that the Roster didn’t require a huge overhaul, so with that in mind it falls back to the Coaching Staff.

I will say this though, whether it is 3 years, 5 years or 10 years Cameron Ciraldo will coach the Cronulla Sutherland Sharks.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Coaching is definitely the issue. Fitzgibbon has continually stated “We are trying to find our identity” - we are closing in on 3 seasons and yet, the only identity is our inconsistancy.

When Fitzgibbon took the job he mentioned how excited he was with everything already in place - we all agreed that the Roster didn’t require a huge overhaul, so with that in mind it falls back to the Coaching Staff.

I will say this though, whether it is 3 years, 5 years or 10 years Cameron Ciraldo will coach the Cronulla Sutherland Sharks.
Can’t argue with any of that. The coach seems like and astute individual but maybe too green or not tough enough.
For all the praise the assistants get, I would turf Hannay - how he was up for the job at Parramatta just goes to show what slim pickings there are out there.
I like the last paragraph on Ciraldo - not sure the intel, but I’d run with it.

PJ

First Grade

I thought he didn't like the joint after leaving

Latest posts