What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Television contracts

Surandy

Bench
Beaussie said:
As I said the NRL TV rights will be the consolation prize for the losing network. Do you really think the NRL has any power in the negoitating process, particularly when you consider NRL games are only ever broadcast on delay in two markets in the whole of Australia. :roll:

Once again you prove your ignorance. Two markets in the whole of Australia? Which two markets are they? The entire east coast and the rest of Australia?

You idiot. :roll:

jed

First Grade
Beaussie said:
Razor said:
When 7 had the rights to the AFL on Friday night it went up against the NRL on the Gold Coast. The AFL came 4th or 5th every week. Never once came 3rd.

You do of course have a source for that dribble :roll:

Beaussie said:
Channel 7 have already said they are willing to take a ratings blow in the northern markets if it means they are part of the AFL action in the southern states where they have lost major ground since losing the AFL rights.

I hope you have a source for that too? :lol:

ucantseeme

Juniors
GREAT NEWS!!!!

I just saw an ad on Ch 10 that the US drama "The O.C." is coming on soon.

I'm excited \\:D/

Beaussie

First Grade
jed said:
Beaussie said:
Razor said:
When 7 had the rights to the AFL on Friday night it went up against the NRL on the Gold Coast. The AFL came 4th or 5th every week. Never once came 3rd.

You do of course have a source for that dribble :roll:

Beaussie said:
Channel 7 have already said they are willing to take a ratings blow in the northern markets if it means they are part of the AFL action in the southern states where they have lost major ground since losing the AFL rights.

I hope you have a source for that too? :lol:

I did already post the link previously but just for the stupid like you here it is again with the actual quote:

Seven's big "in" with the AFL in the next round of negotiations may be the Friday night timeslot.

Unlike Nine with rugby league, it does not have commitments outside Melbourne and may contemplate taking a low-ratings hit in Sydney and Brisbane in order to secure guaranteed ratings success in this state.

http://theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,9481879%5E23211,00.html

Still waiting on the source of your dribble Razor.

jed

First Grade
Yes, but that quote doesn't say that they are "willing to take a ratings blow", it actually says that Seven "does not have commitments outside Melbourne and may contemplate taking a low-ratings hit".

"Willing to" and "may contemplate" are 2 very different concepts. I hope you can grasp that.

In addition, the article has been written by a journalist working for The Australian newspaper who is speculating as to what may happen.

Latest posts