What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Telstra Premiership Round 2 - All the info

mxlegend99

Referee
If Panthers have Frank Pritchard back and we drop Youngquest and Worth, we should have a small chance Friday.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Small being the operative word. :sarcasm:

the war has begun :D

mxlegend99

Referee
As long as we get a try or two, it's an improvement.

Our defence isn't my concern. Our poor ball handling and terrible fifth tackle options are what will kill us against hte Doggies.

lockyno1

Post Whore
mxlegend99 said:
As long as we get a try or two, it's an improvement.

Our defence isn't my concern. Our poor ball handling and terrible fifth tackle options are what will kill us against hte Doggies.

Put Firman in there. Wallace is a waste of space, he did bugger all for all his hype to be honest. At least Firman sets up tries!

mxlegend99

Referee
More importantly he can kick pretty well. We had nearly no kicking game at all.

Wallace did ok IMO. Our forwards didn't do their job for him though, and he got run at all night and lead our tackle count. He isn't first grade quality yet, but he did show some promising signs. If we stick with him, it could be a long wait and massive gamble.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
It's all good T. The Panthers are disgraceful. Even if the Dogs play for forty minutes, they'll still be too good for the Cats.

mxlegend99

Referee
If Knights without Joey and Buderus can put on 17 unanswered points in a second half, i wouldn't be so cocky.

In Rugby League anything can happen.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
You're right, but even without Joey and Bedsy, we're still better than that rabble of a team ;-)

lockyno1

Post Whore
mxlegend99 said:
More importantly he can kick pretty well. We had nearly no kicking game at all.

Wallace did ok IMO. Our forwards didn't do their job for him though, and he got run at all night and lead our tackle count. He isn't first grade quality yet, but he did show some promising signs. If we stick with him, it could be a long wait and massive gamble.

Agreed. I hope Firman plays.

Although I will say this, the guy that played 5/8th for you guys in the Flegg GF is the one I would have been tempted to go for instead of Wallace (Jarrod Sammut?). At least he runs the ball and has quick feet and has a kicking game.

petetheileet

First Grade
Timmah said:
Hickey's fine, McIlwain is electric... but the other two should give it up. Cleal did sweet F-A to be honest, and I didn't see Armit make much impact.

Williams on the other hand, earned his starting spot :sarcasm:

They work this bloke too hard down at the butter factory

lockyno1

Post Whore
I actually and I don't know why, but I think the Dogs-Penrith game will be a ripper IMO. Penrith have had their shocker for 2007, and the Dogs lose SBW to suspension.

mxlegend99

Referee
Typically they are close.

We had a crappy 2006 Season and in both Bulldogs games we scored equal tries, kicking seperating us. We won Round 1 by one conversion, Dogs won Round 26 by 4 conversions. El Masri was a freak in those winds sailing through 5/5 while we got 1/5.

With Pritchard back and SBW out. It should be a good contest. Though i'm concerned about our confidence after failing to get points against the Sharks. It could either motivate us or absolutely kill us.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Parra side vs Soufs:

1 Luke BURT

2 Jarryd HAYNE
3 Ben SMITH
4 Timana TAHU
5 Joel REDDY

6 Brett FINCH
7 Tim SMITH

8 Nathan CAYLESS ©
9 Mark RIDDELL
10 Aaron CANNINGS
11 Ian HINDMARSH
12 Chad ROBINSON
13 Daniel WAGON

14 PJ MARSH
15 Josh CORDOBA
16 Todd LOWRIE
17 Justin TSOULOS

lolesi

First Grade
Good to see Reddy get another shot, he is a good player and one bad performance against an international winger should not see him get the boot.

***MH***

Bench
I am really looking forward to the Souths and Parra game on Sunday. Especially with Jason Taylor at the reins, this should be one of the big blockbusters this weekend!

Dutchy

Immortal
It seems we will be fielding a premier league team this week

Menzies and Matai GOOONE

Ox hasnt trained

B.Stewart done his ankle at training today

great start to the season hey