What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Telstra Stadium:It is not a football ground.

mickdo

Coach
IanRitchie said:
Apart from the climb it is fan-fugging-tastic.

The stand is really steep up the so you do feel on top of the action. The roof really traps the crowd noise up there too. It was really rocking for the 05 GF.
You must have been tripping. I've been up the back twice (both for packed houses) and the view is nothing short of rubbish.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
F**k em. They can have their precious Rorters and Orrsie stadium.

Another stadium of First-class League quality is required in the WEST. There isn't room for one in the city or Eastern Suburbs.

Red Bear

Referee
Where Aussie is is the logical point, but that's a great ground so you'd have to find somewhere else.

What about locations of a current ground? All clubs(not just the one playing there)put in to make a big arse ground.Perhaps the shire is a spot, sure its a sh*thole but reasonably conveniant for most.

Timmah

Staff member
mickdo said:
You must have been tripping. I've been up the back twice (both for packed houses) and the view is nothing short of rubbish.

www.telstrastadium.com.au

Views from every seat in the virtual tour, I don't have issues with what it appears to be.

My season seat is perfect, 30m out on the western side of the ground, southern side of the tunnel.

Timmah

Staff member
GoTheBears said:
Where Aussie is is the logical point, but that's a great ground so you'd have to find somewhere else.

What about locations of a current ground? All clubs(not just the one playing there)put in to make a big arse ground.Perhaps the shire is a spot, sure its a sh*thole but reasonably conveniant for most.

Convenient to Manly? Bulldogs? Tigers? Easts? Penrithimo?

Give me a break. The most convenient spot is either Homebush or somewhere like Concord or Leichhardt.

Red Bear

Referee
Sydney is that f**ken big that nowhere is conveniant for all. Western sydney isnt conveniant for manly, easts, souths(but they play out there) shire etc.

Red Bear

Referee
Timmah said:
F**k em. They can have their precious Rorters and Orrsie stadium.

Another stadium of First-class League quality is required in the WEST. There isn't room for one in the city or Eastern Suburbs.
You idiot, why call them the rorters??? Yours is the club that is proved to have rorted the cap big time.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
mickdo said:

Then stay at Parra Stadium.

I like the birds eye view. You get a whole new perspective of the game. If they had those kinds of seats at Mt Smart with a reasonable price tag i'd be there in a second.

chunk

Juniors
Sir Knight82 said:
Mr Tool.

If you dont like a ground dont go!

Binoculars! Rubbish I've even been up the top tier at a GF and the view was pretty good from there?

Anything else.... No well f**k off then!

It's obvious you haven't been to many other stadiums around the world.

Probably down the highway from Newie to Sydney is about as far as you would go by the sounds of it.

But anyway all I'm saying is Telatra is poor in comparison to other stadiums around the world.

Its not the end of the world but its just a topic for discussion..settle down...mate.

And I will go because I live the footy to much..

Timmah

Staff member
GoTheBears said:
You idiot, why call them the rorters??? Yours is the club that is proved to have rorted the cap big time.

FFS mate, it's just a banter nickname. Big freakin deal.

JK

The Business said:
I've been to the Nou Camp in Barcelona. This is a true football ground. Even when you are up the back you are almost on top of the field.

Telstra Stadium was poorly designed in this regard.

Nou camp was alright. The atmosphere was fantastic too.

I love Telstra though. With at least 20K in it (and not spread over the top tiers but all condensed in the lower bowl) it makes enough noise for a club game.

JK

Timmah said:
FFS mate, it's just a banter nickname. Big freakin deal.

Bears fans are still too touchy.

There was this one Bears freak at the Origin and he was plain angry all the time. Another guy was paying him out about Florimo and others and he went a bit berko. :crazy:

colonel_123

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
as opposed to Aussie stadium, which does not have abad seat in the house

Comparing Aussie Stadium to Telstra Stadium is pretty silly, they're completely different grounds...

Telstra is a multi-purpose venue, designed originally for athletics, and re-modelled to host rectaungular and oval sports and seat 82 000 people.

Compared to a purpose built rectangular venue that only seats 42 000 people of course Telstra is going to have some poor seats!

(And, by the way, Aussie Stadium is not perfect by any means, it has its faults, poor viewing areas, etc, just like any other ground.)

chunk

Juniors
Miss Eagle said:
who would want to watch a game at telstra where its in the middle of the ghetto and near bankstown?

Thanks for the intelligent, insightful contribution :roll:

t-ba

Post Whore
IanRitchie said:
Then stay at Parra Stadium.

I like the birds eye view. You get a whole new perspective of the game. If they had those kinds of seats at Mt Smart with a reasonable price tag i'd be there in a second.

Bingo.

At the lower levels you just don't get the same view imo. Nothing better than watching how an overlap actually developed as a set went on imo. You also gain a better appreciation of a master tactician like Joey if you can watch the game from that kind of perspective.

I love the upper Tier at Telstra. Especially when I was in the front row and on the halfway line for the 2003 grand final (I :hg: Corporates). Sattler's tackle was just that much more sublime. ;-)

Miss Eagle

Juniors
chunk said:
Thanks for the intelligent, insightful contribution :roll:

whats a better option for you?

risk yourself by getting shot when trying to get to and/from homebush or stay at home safe and sound and watch it on the tele?