What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TEN News - Bird to sign on Friday

spacemanspiff

Juniors
Dunno if this has been posted yet - But according to Ch10 Sports news tonight Bird is likely to sign tomorrow (Fri 16th)

Good stuff I say. Definite lack of players with 1st grade experience on the market at the moment. Tiges and Raiders know all about it.

Special K

Coach
I'd like to see him stay. He has a ego, he has brain snaps but he has talent and really could develop into a good player at our club.

spacemanspiff

Juniors
You got that right.
Johns is arrogant and has thug-like brain explosions (Dyke's head knows all about it #-o ) Give Bird time and he'll mature. Not saying he's in Johns' class, but he;s got talent and he'll come good. Better here than at the Faiders or the Tigers.

pogo

Juniors
when buying anything ...price is only one component of the transaction!!!

a lesson that takes many a lot longer to learn than it should.

beekershark

Bench
Got that right steve, if the money is right, then Bird staying will be a very good result for the club. HIs recent problems will have reduced his asking price and I really think we have a bargin for the next 2 or 3 years. Next season if he keeps staight and narrow, he will be a dominating lock forward, bailey can go back to 12 or 11 as he should be already, and our team will be experienced, have time together, and with the likes of sully, hilder and bird, there will be no lack of youthful experience.

fizman

Bench
I hope it is a done deal. I really believe that Bird is going to be a fantastic footballer in the future. His best football is way ahead of him yet.

Anonymous

Juniors
I'm glad he's staying. It'd be cheap so its not really risky... and he could always live up to the potential.

Bird's manager was saying Cronulla should pay him what he's worth

Let's see
When he's eligible to come back in round 21, he will have played 6 of 19 possible games

So I think he is worth 6/19ths of the minimum wage for a footy player, which I think is about $35,000

His yearly salary for the next three years will be $11052.631578947368421052631578947 which I have generously rounded up to the nearest dollar, $11053
$212 a week before tax - which is better than a stick in the eye (or a knee to the head)
Not bad for a Flegg captain, if he plays his cards right, he can warm the bench for Premier League

Sharkie73

Bench
ShireShark Wrote;
Bird's manager was saying Cronulla should pay him what he's worth

Let's see
When he's eligible to come back in round 21, he will have played 6 of 19 possible games

So I think he is worth 6/19ths of the minimum wage for a footy player, which I think is about $35,000

His yearly salary for the next three years will be $11052.631578947368421052631578947 which I have generously rounded up to the nearest dollar, $11053
$212 a week before tax - which is better than a stick in the eye (or a knee to the head)
Not bad for a Flegg captain, if he plays his cards right, he can warm the bench for Premier League
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
the truth is so funny sometimes. :)

Jimbo

Immortal
Well, as long as it was cheap I guess...

He still needs to pull his f*cking head in, but he does have potential.