What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

lockyno1

Post Whore
So thankful I don't have to get a headache from the bogan fanatics for the rest of the tournament.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I am a fan of both these guys.

Kyrgios is a bit of a douche, but he's just so good to watch, he's one of those guys with the X-factor you can watch for hours. Yeah he's a bit much, but he's young and he'll mature.

Tomic is a little different. He was the guy, then when the bigger better deal comes along he gets tossed aside. I feel his comments about Tennis Australia are spot on. Rafter is a mask, you can't criticise him because he's an Aussie legend, but what's his job? He's also a real talent and is now getting a ranking to reflect this.

With these two guys in the squad the Davis Cup team can actually do something. Without them it's terrible.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Totally disagree. Tomic is at a point where he should be financially independent. Doesn't need TA funding anymore.

Wizardman

First Grade
The only person I felt was harshly dealt with was Philippiousis.....but he took some short cuts in his career and made his own problems.

Danish

Referee
Totally disagree. Tomic is at a point where he should be financially independent. Doesn't need TA funding anymore.

What does Rafter do to earn his salary as Davis Cup coach? The position is ceremonial at best and should be a non-paying position. Hewitt would do it for free I am sure

ek999

First Grade

TA make a shit load of money off his and other top players image. Yet in the lead up to the first tournament of the year they can't even find the money for a few tennis balls and expect him to pay to practice on centre court? Sure Tomic could afford to pay if he had too but TA shouldn't be asking money for petty things like that, if they are you have to ask questions on how they are managing their money

Tomic was probably over the top in his criticisms but that doesn't mean they weren't valid

Apey

Staff member
Masterclass from the Federer express last night. If he can play like that against Djokovic he will win it all. I think it will be a similar result to last year though.

ek999

First Grade
Good win by Novak overnight. Fed put up a good fight but Novak was too strong in the end.

In other news Tennis Australia have made a "typo" when releasing a list of Australian matches coming up. Tomic was playing in the "Hall of Shame" event not the "Hall of Fame" event according to them. No way that's a typo and it's this sort of childish crap that will continue to see the players having issues with them

CJwRrNRUEAAkIyV.jpg

LatK7

First Grade
Great play from Djokovic. He's really in his prime.

As for Fed, almost 34, no. 2 in the world and making Wimbledon finals. He is the greatest!

Apey

Staff member
Wanted Fed to win so bad but just too many unforced errors. Still a good show from the old dog.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Has there ever been an era in tennis where the same players are getting into the finals year in, year out for so long? Both male and female. Serena feels like she's been around since the beginning of time. Fed and Novak just don't seem to disappear!

Good win by Novak overnight. Fed put up a good fight but Novak was too strong in the end.

In other news Tennis Australia have made a "typo" when releasing a list of Australian matches coming up. Tomic was playing in the "Hall of Shame" event not the "Hall of Fame" event according to them. No way that's a typo and it's this sort of childish crap that will continue to see the players having issues with them

CJwRrNRUEAAkIyV.jpg

And TA wonder why the top Aus players think they're a bunch of bellends.

ek999

First Grade
Sam Groth playing the game of his life to go up 2 sets to love against Kukushkin. If he wins Hewitt will probably play the last tie instead of Kokkinakis. In hindsight one or both of them should have played the first singles rubber. They both have a shit load more experience playing on grass then the two younger guys