What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

Smug Panther

First Grade
Djokovic has hardly looked infallible during this tournament either so Nick has a red hot chance.

I'm also not completely counting out Norrie tonight either, he will have a raucous crowd behind him.

How would Tim Henman be feeling? After death riding the bloke all week he now lives in a world where Kyrgios has gotten further at Wimbledon than he did in his pathetic career lol
I'm sure Nick will let him know that

Valheru

Coach
You're a man of faith, Norrie has nothing to hurt Djokovic.

Such a weird tournament. Nick's path of Nakashima/Garin is something out of an ATP 250. Norrie usually wouldn't be anywhere near a Wimbledon SF either.

I think Nick will be physically ready to roll with all the rest, but well underdone to take on Djokovic. I hope it's a good final, the tournament really needs it.
It has definitely been weird, that's why I don't discount Norrie.... let the whackiness continue

LatK7

First Grade
Norrie has been steadily getting better on the grass and hardcourts.

I suppose he has, but he struggled against Goffin who is solid but weaponless and even Federer beat him fairly easily last year...when he was 40 without a functioning knee. Early rounds he might push Djokovic but he's dialed in for the semis now.

Apey

Staff member
Are there any worse takes than saying Fritz should play Kyrgios in a semi? Rewarding someone for losing a match, on top of that against an injured player? The Grand Slam version of a participation award.

Thankfully good guy Fritz himself disagrees.

Valheru

Coach
Are there any worse takes than saying Fritz should play Kyrgios in a semi? Rewarding someone for losing a match, on top of that against an injured player? The Grand Slam version of a participation award.

Thankfully good guy Fritz himself disagrees.
Just part of the overall meltdown about Nick getting to the final.

Fritz could have just beaten a clearly injured Nadal and then Nick would have to play a semi.

The only thing that could beat this for meltdown value is if Nick won the final.... against Norrie and avoids both Nadal and Djokovic lol

LatK7

First Grade
Are there any worse takes than saying Fritz should play Kyrgios in a semi?

Complete stupidity. Imagine 'winning' Wimbledon but also losing your quarter final match. It's like a great trolling effort that people took seriously and ran with.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Nick vs Nadal would have been a great semi final to watch but good on Nick for getting straight into the final now.

Also men's doubles, go Ebden and Purcell in the final on Saturday and a great effort for Ebden and Sam Stosur to getting through to the final of the mixed doubles, unfortunately they just fell short.

LatK7

First Grade
Well that was a pretty low quality SF, but Norrie has his limitations. Djokovic solid after finding his range, though similar to last year he's giving away a lot of freebies.

Djokovic in 4 in the final. If the occasion gets to Nick, maybe 3.

Valheru

Coach
The racist decision to ban Russian players ruined the moment for Rybakina

The media at wimbledon have hit a new low. From the witch hunt on Nick to the ridiculous questioning of tomjlanovic to questioning rybakina's allegiance.

They have been a disgrace.

LatK7

First Grade
Nick had 0-40 in the second and 40-0 in the third. Didn’t take his chances and that will probably be the match.

Apey

Staff member
Yeah definitely had his chances. Unfortunate. Djokovic was beatable today but he found a way to win like he usuallly does.

LatK7

First Grade
Congrats to Djokovic, too good for Nick. A nice speech as well.

for Kyrgios he tried hard but didn’t have the return or shot tolerance in the rallies. Movement not quite good enough.

it wasn’t a great tournament given the mess of the draw, but the final was respectable. Was definitely needed.