What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

Wizardman

First Grade
Apologies, 8 years ago.
I absolutely thought he was a threat to it when many said Roger/Rafa was king. I didn't crown him like you did, but I though the probability was there.

There is absolutely no argument against Djokovic being the best player in history now. Im not a fan of Novak.....but to say Rafa or Roger is better than him is delusional stuff.

In saying that, I still say Rafa is a better clay courter than Novak. But in general tennis terms, it is clear cut that Novak is the best ever.

Avenger

Immortal
From a Rafa Fan:

Here's the thing that makes Novak great:

People adored Roger for his panache. Any time Novak played him, he was always the underdog. Early on in his career, he was even accused of faking injuries, by Roger himself, and Novak has said that hurt him. He used that pain to get better. Towards his tenth slam, he was playing Roger in every other grand slam. The crowd booed, jeered, and hissed at Novak. Novak is quoted as saying, "I like to transmutate it. When they chant Roger, I hear Novak". He used the hatred, the dislike, the constant negativity to become a better person first and a better tennis player overall.

People adored Rafa for his fighting spirit. He was a consummate professional. Probably the most laid back and friendly tennis player in history. But on the court, he became a matador. Novak's battles with Rafa are the highlight of his career. He lost some, he won some, but they played each other with the greatest of respect. And in every one of those battles, Novak also heard it from the crowd. They booed, jeered, and hissed all over again. Never in the history of a sport has a renowned and multiple-time champion been so disrespected. But Novak refused to let it define him. He is without a doubt (and this comes from a Rafa fan) the greatest player in tennis history. Never has one man had to overcome so much to stand atop his sport. Never has one man come under as much scrutiny. Never has one man been met with such hate. I may be a Rafa fan, but I love Novak. He is the epitome of class. He is a warrior.

And when he hangs up his shoes, the haters will hopefully finally realise how good he was and what they're missing. Because Novak Djokovic came through the best era in tennis history, where two other greats tallied 42 grand slams between them, and still came out on top. He is undeniably, undoubtedly, and unequivocally the greatest of all time.

Wizardman

First Grade
From a Rafa Fan:

Here's the thing that makes Novak great:

People adored Roger for his panache. Any time Novak played him, he was always the underdog. Early on in his career, he was even accused of faking injuries, by Roger himself, and Novak has said that hurt him. He used that pain to get better. Towards his tenth slam, he was playing Roger in every other grand slam. The crowd booed, jeered, and hissed at Novak. Novak is quoted as saying, "I like to transmutate it. When they chant Roger, I hear Novak". He used the hatred, the dislike, the constant negativity to become a better person first and a better tennis player overall.

People adored Rafa for his fighting spirit. He was a consummate professional. Probably the most laid back and friendly tennis player in history. But on the court, he became a matador. Novak's battles with Rafa are the highlight of his career. He lost some, he won some, but they played each other with the greatest of respect. And in every one of those battles, Novak also heard it from the crowd. They booed, jeered, and hissed all over again. Never in the history of a sport has a renowned and multiple-time champion been so disrespected. But Novak refused to let it define him. He is without a doubt (and this comes from a Rafa fan) the greatest player in tennis history. Never has one man had to overcome so much to stand atop his sport. Never has one man come under as much scrutiny. Never has one man been met with such hate. I may be a Rafa fan, but I love Novak. He is the epitome of class. He is a warrior.

And when he hangs up his shoes, the haters will hopefully finally realise how good he was and what they're missing. Because Novak Djokovic came through the best era in tennis history, where two other greats tallied 42 grand slams between them, and still came out on top. He is undeniably, undoubtedly, and unequivocally the greatest of all time.
People forget Rafa copped a fair bit himself whenever he played Federer at the French Open.

I agree with all of that.....and Im a Federer fan. I admire Rafa and have a respect for Novak's achievements. He has never been my cup of tea as a person but you cannot deny his mental toughness, results and pure talent. Mental toughness is the number one key to his success.

Bazal

Post Whore
Joker might have lost his f**ken mind a bit through COVID etc, but there's no denying he's the GOAT.

No reason he doesn't make it 25 by the end of the year with the US lifting Vax requirements

Apey

Staff member
Please. Is that all you got?
I don't think I've shied away from the fact that Djokovic has become the GOAT of tennis over the past few years.

His fans are generally insufferable though, they of course take after him - desperate for love and attention and infuriated by the fact that despite being the best, he's nowhere near the most popular.

That's why you and others in here have made a re-appearance now he's won another slam. Predictably absent after he lost Wimbledon, though.

I'm not sure what's worse - screaming at shadows for validation, or hitting someone with a 7-year-on 'gotcha'.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I don't think I've shied away from the fact that Djokovic has become the GOAT of tennis over the past few years.

His fans are generally insufferable though, they of course take after him - desperate for love and attention and infuriated by the fact that despite being the best, he's nowhere near the most popular.

That's why you and others in here have made a re-appearance now he's won another slam. Predictably absent after he lost Wimbledon, though.

I'm not sure what's worse - screaming at shadows for validation, or hitting someone with a 7-year-on 'gotcha'.
Being right about the GOAT almost a decade ago is pretty great feeling tbh

Bazal

Post Whore
Where were you guys after Wimbledon? Thread was dead quiet, lol.

Tbh it's often hard remembering this thread exists my bloke. Like the cycling thread that used to get a flood of posts from two fellas at TDF start and then died before the race even hit the first mountain

Anyway I'd say I'm a Novak and Rafa guy. I just dislike a lot of Fed fans and the way he plays tennis.

Avenger

Immortal

I said he would be the greatest more than 15 years ago. I’ve been on this thread since it started and have always spruiked Novak even when you were all deep throating Fed and Nadal.

It’s called Serbian Inat!!!
Now bow!

Last edited:

isaiah

Bench
Change in United cup format is not suiting the USA. Last year they played top 2 players in singles. Reduced this year. Pegula getting exposed even though ranked 5

Latest posts