What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terry Campese V Todd Carney

raidersfan

Juniors
Ok I was looking at the season averages between these two to see how they compare. They both have played in three games.

Terry Campese Todd CarneyTackles: 21.3 6.7Offloads: 0.3 0.0Kicks: 2.7 0.3try assists: 0.0 0.0Line breaks: 0.0 0.0
Hit ups: 5.3 3.3metres gained: 27.0 32.0DH runs: 0.3 0.3Errors: 0.7 0.0miss tackles: 1.0 0.7

So what do you guys think about this???

raidersfan

Juniors
I still think Carney has more to offer than Campese, considering he's about 2 years younger and makes no mistakes and less miss tackles.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i will say that carney has done more with his oppertunities but both will feature in our future plans if we are a hope of capturing a premiership

RaidersMalt

Juniors
Todd Carney has made a line break, he made one last weekend against the Tigers, where did you get the stats from??

Also even though they have played three games each, do you know how much minutes on the park have they both had?

Paullyboy

Coach
Stats definately are wrong.

It just proves that stats are useless when comparing players, there is probably stats out there that says Bulgarelli has been good this year.

From my eyes it appears that Carney has a lot of potential and Campese only got into first grade because of his name. As I said though, thats just my thoughts.

I think it's hard to compare the 2, Carney knew when he was going to play 1st grade, Campese was a very late inclusion. Also In Campese's 3rd match he started at halfback- don't think he expected to play there.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i also think a problem with campo has been playing him in the halves
IMO he is a born and breed lock, he will be our next Croker, he is a top defender too, he is the perfect mould for lock, he can take a hitup and has some passing/kicking skills

Paullyboy

Coach
raiders_lover_18 said:
he reminds me of shaun timmins

yeh I agree there actually, enough reason for me to think he isnt cut out for first grade at the moment - not in the backs anyway

Um Jammer Lammy

Juniors
Well I was quite impressed with Campese, didn't set the world on fire though. I see him as a 13 once Crocker retires in 2 three years time, I'd like to see Campese at 13, Carney at 7 and McLinden at 6. If you ask me that looks like a strong halves unit. I'm so bummed for Phil Graham, I just hope Elliott doesn't let him sit in 2nd grade to long when he returns.

Mal Meninga

Bench
I thought Campese did all the right things, ran the ball hard and tackled well, looked more like a backrower than a traditional 5/8. I've heard magical things about his kicking game but didn't look too flash.

Carney looked impressive, his ability to create is standing out.

raidersfan

Juniors
Paullyboy said:
Campese only got into first grade because of his name. As I said though, thats just my thoughts.

Mate they are also mine aswell. I heard all about how awsome his kicking game was and how he is a better footballer than his uncle at the same age blah blah blah but so far he's been a big disapointment. Carney shits all over Campese. Campese is a cat.

I got the stats off the NRL website on this thing where you compare players after you click player profiles.

greeneyed

First Grade
Campese is going to be an absolute top line player. If you can't see it, fine, but I don't think you are right. He has been injured for a fair while, which has take away his opportunities. However he has a MASSIVE boot on him and he has masses of potential. I think it is ridulous to call him names like the ones mentioned....

raidersfan said:
Mate they are also mine aswell. I heard all about how awsome his kicking game was and how he is a better footballer than his uncle at the same age blah blah blah but so far he's been a big disapointment. Carney sh*ts all over Campese. Campese is a cat.

Like to see you say that to his face :lol: :lol:

But really Campese a cat :roll: I guess some people are too hard to please :roll: Don't know how you can judge someone on 3 1st grade matches, 1 of which he was a last minute call up, one in townsville at 930pm Canberra time and the other one where he unexpectedly started at halfback.

As for this whole name BS, what do you want him to do change it by law :roll:

Also Campese and Carney are very different players, it's like comparing Wiki with Schifcofske