What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thaiday to JWH- ''respect your elders''

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
This Hargreaves kid has impressed me.

He got the better of Lauaki against Tonga, was giving it to him all game. And he definately gave it to both Thaiday and Petero.

Shame he's signed with the Roosters.

Raider_69

Post Whore
respect is earnt not given
a few more performances like that and JWH will have his respect

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Your right Raider, he has impressed in his last 2 games for the Kiwis.

Thaiday probably is still hurting after he got hit from JWH.lol. He is the aggression we need, and shows other young debutants if you get thrown into the international arena to go hard.

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
respect is earnt not given
a few more performances like that and JWH will have his respect

Thaiday is barking at Hargreaves to respect Civoniceva and, probably primarily, him.

I think the greatest mark of respect a player like Hargreaves could offer Civoniceva (who has earned respect) is to try to get over the top of him.

Fail from Thaiday

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
true that Meth.

I reckon Petero relished the opportunity of having the young guy have a dig, JWH obviously knows that Petero is one of the best in our game. Thats respect enough.

Meth

Staff member
As I said earlier, Thaiday is hurting that Hargreaves got the better of him. He doesn't want to admit it, so he is lashing out at Hargreaves while hiding behind Petero.

Raider_69

Post Whore
can i just say, from my vantage point, he played all over Thiaday and Civo. Cant ask for much more from a kid than that. Thiaday should shut his mouth and focus on getting his own form right.

Meth

Staff member
can i just say, from my vantage point, he played all over Thiaday and Civo. Cant ask for much more from a kid than that. Thiaday should shut his mouth and focus on getting his own form right.

QFT

Civoniceva gave him the nod. Thaiday is bitching. Thought it was funny that White chimed in about respecting your elders- I remember White knocking out some old bloke in Origin

Raider_69

Post Whore
QFT

Civoniceva gave him the nod. Thaiday is bitching. Thought it was funny that White chimed in about respecting your elders- I remember White knocking out some old bloke in Origin

exactly right, Civ had no problem with his work, just said the sledging about his age is old hat, he gave JWH the nod of approval and from my reading, it looks like he's earnt Civ's respect. Thiaday is whinging and complaining because he got stomped all over by an U20's kid

and i hope he gives him another stomping, not because i like JWH (he's a rooster former eagle, how could i!) or that i want the kiwis to win (hate kiwis!), but simply because thiaday is whinging bitch. JWH has earn his respect for this tournament. Has Thiaday?

kuwaiti kev

Juniors
Yeah and i'm sure JWH is shaking in his boots now knowing the Aussies want to target him. He's only got Pritchard, Blair, Lima, Matai, Luke, Soliola etc watching his back, and i'm not even talking about fighting, those guys damage you in fair tackles!

Thaiday needs to shut his trap and try to earn some respect himself.

Kudos to Petero, always been a class act, not sure why anyone would bother sledging him as it doesn't affect his game, although it obviously got up the nose of his teammates so maybe that's the reason.

TimmyB

Juniors
''[They] were calling me rookie or pup and saying, 'Give some respect to your elders.' When I put this jersey on, I've got no respect, apart from my brothers who I play with."
Love that quote. It's the sort of spirit the Kangaroos need.

I totally agree with JWH. There's no place for respect at test level. You do everything you can to win. JWH did that. When you take into account his relative inexperience, it was one of the finest Aus v NZ debuts you'd ever see. Fancy Thaiday having a crack at him after that.

I'm absolutely loving watching him play, as I didn't see him too much whilst playing for Manly. It's exciting me more and more. He can do the same to both the English and French forward packs. Hell, combine them, call them the Frenglish, and see him dominate them too!

Ah I'm getting ahead of myself. This is what happens when a few Roosters play for New Zealand and that's it. :lol:

LMFAO @ that curly haired overgrown, Mike Jackson circa 1986 wannabe. The toilet dweller got OWNED.

JWH BITCHES!!!!!

adamkungl

Immortal
He hasn't played a game for us and he already sh*ts all over our forwards from last season....sigh

Big Pete

Referee
From the sounds of it, Thaiday is just reporting on what was said out on the field.

If anything it makes the series much more interesting.

^If he's reporting what was said on the field he's a snitch.
Can't wait to see him get smashed again. LOL @ the Kangaroo pack.

aussies1st

Staff member
JWH makes a good point only respect your brothers not your opposition. The opposition should be the ones you try and smash and bash whether its through big hits or words. Clearly its working since this made the media.