What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thaiday

How many weeks for Sam Thaiday

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

manly40gimps0

Juniors
FTR, I think the charge is fair, even if Thaiday clearly lets go of Kite before he hits the ground.

But the consistency of the MTR and Judiciary is flabbergasting...
Grade 2:
spear_tackle1-600x400.jpg

Grade 0:
226542-uate-spear-tackle.jpg

Grade 2:
ipad-art-wide-samthaiday2-420x0.jpg

Well done NRL! :sarcasm:

It certainly is.

695088-johnathan-thurston.jpg

AuDragon

Juniors
Uate rolled him onto his back if you watch the farkin video. Farkin Donkey fans.
:iwstupid:

Me thinks you should wash the sand out of your vagina...

I don't think comparing incidents helps, because the judiciary has shown consistency is virtually worthless in this day and age. O'Donnells tackle is the worst in recent memory and it was a f**king joke he only got 3 weeks, notwithstanding of course his disgraceful record at the judiciary. Thaiday's was worse than Uate's, he probably could have got a week, but he didn't have a record so I was fine with him not getting suspended. Thaiday's suspension is fair imo
I know you strongly dislike anything Broncos, in particular Thaiday; but please explain to me how Thaiday's tackle is worse than Uate's?

ceagle

Bench
:iwstupid:

Me thinks you should wash the sand out of your vagina...

I know you strongly dislike anything Broncos, in particular Thaiday; but please explain to me how Thaiday's tackle is worse than Uate's?
Good comeback :roll: You gave me no proof to prove I was wrong

Last edited:

AuDragon

Juniors
It certainly is.

695088-johnathan-thurston.jpg
I wasn't trying to make this a NSW vs. Qld argument, no need to get all defensive. :roll:

I merely pointed out the worst spear tackle I've seen in the last decade got a grade 2, which is the same as Thaiday and Taylor got for tackles with the same degree of seriousness as Uate's, whom despite being referred, wasn't charged...

And yes, I'm the first to admit that Thurston got away with that, as Slater has in the past, as Gallen has with some grubby acts, etc...

My problem is that this only needs common sense to be corrected, yet it's an absolute joke, where no one knows what will happen!

RHCP

Bench
Uate is pushing him forward, Thaiday is throwing him into the ground.

O'Donnell's is the worst by a long way.

AuDragon

Juniors
Good comeback :roll: You gave me no proof to day I was wrong
Sure, because your original post was full of class, when the proof was right in front of your eyes.

Jeez I hate generalisations, but f**k me, you're the typical whingeing Manly fan!

ceagle

Bench
Sure, because your original post was full of class, when the proof was right in front of your eyes.

Jeez I hate generalisations, but f**k me, you're the typical whingeing Manly fan!
Whingeing, maybe you should look in the mirror. You still continue to ignore my point, which obviously proves you are wrong.

Kiwi

First Grade
deserved 2 weeks for sure, unfortunately with how inconsistant the judicary is he will most likely get a down grade.

Big Pete

Referee
But the Broncos are seriously considering disputing the grading of the charge at a judiciary hearing tomorrow night.

It is a high risk-and-reward strategy. If the Broncos successfully apply to have Thaiday's charge downgraded to a level one offence, he will be free to play in Saturday night's tough home final against the New Zealand Warriors. But if Thaiday unsuccessfully challenges the grading, he will miss three weeks and potentially be rubbed out of Brisbane's entire finals campaign.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-finals-campaign/story-e6frep5o-1226130069595

Interesting.

firechild

First Grade
He'll get off lightly like the Manly boys did the week prior

Boo hoo, Blair got charged twice because he's a grubby merkin. Brett Stewart got 325 points, Lussick got 425, they're pretty heavy penalties. Tell me how that is getting off lightly when Thurston got nothing for kicking a player in the face and Hayne got nothing for a headbutt?

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
http://www.nrl.com/thaiday-takes-ea...spx?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Takes early guilty plea

Brisbane star Sam Thaiday will miss his team's first two NRL finals matches after entering an early guilty plea to his dangerous throw charge.
His decision to accept a two match suspension means Thaiday is sure to be available to play should the Broncos win through to the grand final, possibly earlier depending on the how the finals play out.
The Queensland and Australian forward was charged with a grade two dangerous throw for his lifting tackle on Manly prop Brent Kite on Sunday.
Brisbane made the decision on Tuesday to take the early plea after seeking legal advice and pouring over hours of video of lifting tackles.
Club officials had considered going to a judiciary hearing with the hope of getting the charge downgraded, in which case he would have escaped a suspension and been free to play in Saturday night's first qualifying final against the Warriors at Suncorp Stadium.
However they deemed the risk of having an extra week added to Thaiday's ban was not worth taking.
Coach Anthony Griffin will name Thaiday's replacement later on Tuesday with either 2010 rookie of the year Matt Gillett or utility Ben Te'o to earn a start in the back row.
Griffin will also name Gerard Beale at fullback after scans on Monday confirmed Josh Hoffman's season was over after he ruptured his posterior cruciate ligament playing against Manly at the weekend.