What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks for strengthening our resolve

YiddoTiger

Juniors
easts fans are so smug and arrogant aren't they ... in the last 30 yrs they have tried to buy a premiership every yr and have done it once .. the amount they've spent trying to win comps in the last 30 yrs would dead set retire the debt of the entire 3rd world .. as for their fans they know as much abt league as they do abt basketball, yawnion or AFL

aids

Bench
will coyboys or storm be the ones to take them out before the grandfinal, or will penrith have to beat them 2 years in arow?

Can't you read COCKBURN :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Basically he is saying your team will choke again just like the Bulldogs do every year.

ByRd

First Grade
COCKBURN ;-) who will you be supporting when the roosters are not on top???

Dog-E

Juniors
Well let's see here...We have:

- A siege mentality
- Extreme paranoia
- Arrogance abounding
- Ricky Stuart has the poopies with the press - and anyone who says the word 'Roosters' without falling to their knees & genuflecting
- A media ban from Roosters players/training sessions
- Gibbering fans claiming vindication, depite their club having farted on Rugby League in general YET again
- Favourable judiciary results going their way
- Everyone still hates you...

Hmmm, do pardon me but - I really don't see that ANYTHING has changed??? :?

BONDI BUSINESS AS USUAL!

aids

Bench
Dog-E said:

- A siege mentality
- Extreme paranoia
- Arrogance abounding
- Ricky Stuart has the poopies with the press - and anyone who says the word 'Roosters' without falling to their knees & genuflecting
- Gibbering fans claiming vindication, depite their club having farted on Rugby League in general YET again

BONDI BUSINESS AS USUAL!

never thought i would side with a dog, but i feel our common enemy is as they say...scum?

Misanthrope

Staff member
The season is as good as over. Everytime Cogburn opens his mouth, everything turns to shit. The last two times he's posted some grand thread about Sydney's dominance, they've been embarassed. The last time was against Parramatta, if I remember correctly.

Check out the Easts' forum for the actual threads, I'm too lazy to track them down myself.

dice

Juniors
chriswalkerbush said:
The season is as good as over. Everytime Cogburn opens his mouth, everything turns to sh*t. The last two times he's posted some grand thread about Sydney's dominance, they've been embarassed. The last time was against Parramatta, if I remember correctly.

Check out the Easts' forum for the actual threads, I'm too lazy to track them down myself.

I agree. Shut the f**k up RC you curse! ;-)

dd

Juniors
aids said:
will coyboys or storm be the ones to take them out before the grandfinal, or will penrith have to beat them 2 years in arow?

Can't be Storm :lol:

Grantwhy

Juniors
Dog-E said:

- A siege mentality
- Extreme paranoia
- Arrogance abounding

BONDI BUSINESS AS USUAL!

That actually sounds like the Sydney perception of the late '80's Broncos :lol:.

realredhillboy

Juniors
actually it could be the 90's broncos too, and maybe the 21st century broncos. i dont know how things are down there in sydney. but up here the broncos arrogance is still around. people tend to want to look more at the roosters these days.

Dog-E

Juniors
The broncos barely register on Sydney fans' radars any more - certainly not like they used to anyway - except around State of Origin time!

Even Wayne Bennett seems to be mellowing, offering the cowboys a home game they probably wouldn't have got otherwise! (Though his motives for that were clear - to keep out of NSW - so it wasnt entirely unselfish, I know...but still - That's not the behaviour of old Cranky pants we knew & loved to hate!)

The little tripper-man Langer, "The Cat's Bum Face Brothers" (aka Kevin & Kerrod Walters), That animal andrew Gee, and now soon - The old cantankerous cow himself - Gorden Tallis is going!

Plus - They aren't really THAT good of a side anymore!...What's to hate!?? :p

Grantwhy

Juniors
so .....

Sydney Roosters are the new Broncos?

No wonder the rest of the NSW based supporters are so behind them this year :D.

Dog-E

Juniors
The Sydney Roosters would seem to have drawn up their business battle plans almost to the letter on the blueprints of Chris "Hello - I live in la la land" Johns.

The Roosters club act in the EXACT DAMN SAME WAY as the broncos of the early 90's did....Except the Roosters would be lucky to have maybe 5% of the cause to rebel against than the Broncos had...

And about the same percentage of success when compared tio the Broncos over the past 20 years too, interestingly enough!

Except - No matter HOW many favours they seem to keep being given from all & sundry - they STILL moan the shop down!!! :roll:

They are WORSE than the Broncos EVER were!!! :evil:

realredhillboy

Juniors
no i dont believe they are worse than the broncos ever were, i dont know what goes on down in sydney.? so i dont get the full story on the roosters. but i live in brisbane and i'm one of the many queenslanders who dislike the broncos.
i believe the broncos are still arrogant [but i agree they have toned down since the sailor and langer days]
and wayne bennett may have toned done also... but bruno cullen is still as arrogant as shane edwards ever was.

its just that the behavior of the sydney roosters that is overshadowing the broncos [in arrogance stakes]. but things are better thses days.

on the upside i think that the off field behavior of players like gordie has improved their image

Dog-E

Juniors
Maybe!...But having never experienced the Broncos from the QLd perspective in the early 90's - I can't really compare THAT side of things!..Though i can definitely understand - I think - how the average Qld footy fan that does NOT follow the Broncos might feel!...Well screwed over, and put down at every opportunity is my guess!??...

I experienced the broncos in full-arrogant stride from down here in Sydney thru the early-mid 90's though - So all's I can report is the Sydney perspective!...And although different people will have different perspectives - I'm FAIRLY confident I speak for the majority, rather than the minority, of Sydney RL fans in general - when I posted the above statement about the Roosters!

Latest posts