What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks for strengthening our resolve

TheEye

Juniors
Dog-E said:
Except - No matter HOW many favours they seem to keep being given from all & sundry - they STILL moan the shop down!!! :roll:

Ok - I'll bite.

Please list all these favours we have been given from "all & sundry" - I'm truely interested.

Dog-E

Juniors
Salary Cap concessions re. Player sponsorship deals...WINGY and FREDDIE get the green light for the extra shampoo cash!...But if your name's Wally McPlaysforsomeotherclub - GO WHISTLE DIXIE!!

Players allowed to sign on for $1.50 contracts mid-season...(PLEASE don't tell me it's becasue they want so desperately to sign for your fine, upstanding club because I will be PARALYTIC with laughter for a week if you try!!!)

Brett Finch getting off vs Ben Ross being done for 6 weeks...

Freddie Fittler also getting off scott free for similar...if not worse.

And thats just from about halfway thru LAST season to NOW off the top of my head in about 30 seconds FLAT!! :lol:

TheEye

Juniors
Dog-E said:
Salary Cap concessions re. Player sponsorship deals...WINGY and FREDDIE get the green light for the extra shampoo cash!...But if your name's Wally McPlaysforsomeotherclub - GO WHISTLE DIXIE!!

So no other player from no other club has sponsorship arrangements over and above those from club sponsors? :roll:

err.... does the name Andrew Johns rimg any bells?

So nope - no special deal for us there. That "loophole" is available to anyone.

Players allowed to sign on for $1.50 contracts mid-season...(PLEASE don't tell me it's becasue they want so desperately to sign for your fine, upstanding club because I will be PARALYTIC with laughter for a week if you try!!!)

Yep - there is a signing deadline that applies to all clubs. Provided the player signs before that deadline and payment falls under the cap whats the problem? Again - applies to all clubs so no special deal there.

Brett Finch getting off vs Ben Ross being done for 6 weeks...

Freddie Fittler also getting off scott free for similar...if not worse.

Nope - he didn't get off. He successfully had the charge downgraded as he (and all clubs) are entitled to attempt.

In fact just like a lot of players have done (successfully) this year. Tallis was the latest example I could think of.

Again - no special deal there

And thats just from about halfway thru LAST season to NOW off the top of my head in about 30 seconds FLAT!! :lol:

Ok so from halfway through last season until now you don't actually have any examples.

Want to go back any further? :lol: :lol: :lol:

innsaneink

Referee
Rooster Cogburn. said:
If any of you thought that we were going to be hard to beat before then thanks to the continual unabated bashing of my great club by opposition supporters and the media we will be even harder to beat now. The Roosters have closed ranks and to a man they are even more determined to do a job on the NRL. Not just 1st grade either. All 3 grades have made a pact that 2004 is going to see a Roosters trifecta. The determination to succeed is overpowering and for Roosters supporters these are the best of times. I am not going to say that we will definitely win, let's just say that I'm quietly confident. :D

How much did you drop on the trifecta?

Latest posts