What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks Kog-Rah !!!

Cee-Kay

Juniors
Dogs supporter here !

Forget the result for a sec : It was my first time to Jubly and despite "that" call I had a great night !

Went to the Royal. Had some brews. $3 - Not bad !
Shared some laughs when we started chanting to our Bulldogs-Wendell too ! :D

Got some Fish'n'Chips from the lovely folks on Railway Pde, up the road.

Marched on down to the ground (eating on the go), offered some chips to he security but they politely refused (maybe they thought I'd poison them ?).

A quick chat with a young fella from the Red-V about his banners !

Sat on the hill with "THE BULLDOGS ARMY" !!!
Outchanted you folkes all night long. :p
I like your giant "dutch oven" Logo sheet too ! :lol:

Even at 14-0 down I was confident we'd come back.

Wendell was a funny bugger all night, although I thought he went a little over the top after "that" call. Doesn't excuse the bottles though. For the record, plenty of us stopped further bottles ! A fight nearly broke out between two Dogs fans - One trying to get the other to behave !

A few "sucked in"-ers on the way back to the car. Plenty of fair-minded commiserators too.

Overall : A fun night regardless of the outcome - Compared to Roosters fans, you folks is alright !!!

Cheers Dragons.
CK.

PS : Did anyone else notice the scorebaord guy was convinced and changed our score to 22 ???

abin

Juniors
That seriously warmed the cockles of me heart. A great post from a true football fan.

We here at Kogarah Jubilee are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay - remember to tell your friends and family ... but please.... leave the bathrobes in the lobby - they are not complimentary. ;-)

W.B.2.S.O.S

Juniors
PS : Did anyone else notice the scorebaord guy was convinced and changed our score to 22 ???

Who was looking at the scoreboard, i think everyone had their eyes fixed on the television, although they arent too far apart

Great post mate
great to see someone appreciate Jubilee Oval as much as we do

ps. My question to you?
Do you think that the atmosphere would be the same if the game was played at ANZ?

Saintsman

Juniors
Yeah, the fact that people were even suggesting we move it was ridiculous. Us dragons fans love nothing more then a packed Kogragh. Great atmosphere.

Syko

Juniors
Dogs supporter here !

Forget the result for a sec : It was my first time to Jubly and despite "that" call I had a great night !

Marched on down to the ground (eating on the go), offered some chips to he security but they politely refused (maybe they thought I'd poison them ?).

Wendell was a funny bugger all night, although I thought he went a little over the top after "that" call. Doesn't excuse the bottles though. For the record, plenty of us stopped further bottles ! A fight nearly broke out between two Dogs fans - One trying to get the other to behave !

A few "sucked in"-ers on the way back to the car. Plenty of fair-minded commiserators too.

Overall : A fun night regardless of the outcome - Compared to Roosters fans, you folks is alright !!!

Cheers Dragons.
CK.

thanks mate glad you had a good time, your welcome back whenever you want

SerbDragon

Coach
Dogs supporter here !

Cheers Dragons.
CK.

best post ever by a doggies fan

ByRd

First Grade
I also have to say that last night was the best atmosphere many Bulldog fans have experienced since probably 2007. Kogarah is a good ground and atmosphere on the hill was electric all game, both set of fans were behind there teams and did a good job.

I hope next year they dont schedule this game at ANZ, please leave it at Kogarah.

xofstgeorge

Juniors
was totally worth all my money i spent coming down from brisbane for the one night...
Omg, what an atmosphere, was my first time at kogarah as a long time interstate fan, but guys up on that hill, you can be sure that i will be back to share a mid-strength beer or 7 with you again...

Cee-Kay

Juniors
W.B.2.S.O.S said:
ps. My question to you?
Do you think that the atmosphere would be the same if the game was played at ANZ?
My opinion on it is it's simply bad economics to play it at Kogarah. Could've doubled ya revenue !!! But I completely understand where Doust was coming from. A unique trade-off and you cant make everyone happy !

I find ANZ is only tolerable because our Army makes it so !
Without us there in Bays 131-135, a crowd of 35K is needed as a minimum.

The SFS however would have been good for last night, and had it got moved there, I would have been OK with that ! That ground is a kind of feel good place for us ! Won the first GF there in '95. Xtra time comebacks in consecutive finals in '98 - 30,000 at that place would have been fun and sounded good !

But .... like I said. Plenty to like about Jubly ! Your boss was looking after you guys !

Does he come visit you on the hill ?
Greenburger came to visit us last night for a few minutes and shake hands !

TheMightyRedV

Juniors
Great post mate..

Was great to see so much passion from both the doggies and dragons supporters...

I actually put my head down in horror at the dogs doing it to us AGAIN when Idris went over..started shaking hands with doggies fans saying well done, and then they kept replaying...and then mayhem broke loose...

Will take the two points, but the doggies got shafted. Lets hope we meet again come the finals.

Great night - electric atmosphere - bar the video ref call - the night exemplified everything these two passionate clubs stand for.

Go the DRAGONS!!!

boxa777

Coach
Now that's a footy crowd..

Saw the replay today and when Idris went over, all you see is blue and white people going f**kin nuts in that corner area. People jumping up and down like they had just won lotto..

Proceed to the video ref and the red light comes on.. The next camera angle is the opposite side and all you see is red and white people doing sommersaults.

That is the sh*t! That is what it's all about.

ByRd

First Grade
loll i was one of those blue n whites going crazy, we couldnt control ourselves lolll but then i saw Archer signal the Video ref and i was like "they are gonna take this away" i was right loll but great crowd, good work by both set of fans and by far the two most vocal fan bases we have in the NRL

Ryde-Bulldog

Juniors
I too would like to say that the atmosphere was absolutely electric on that hill, I envy you guys for having a ground such as WIN Jubilee and I am not afraid to say it.
I along with 99.9% of dogs fans wait in anticipation for the day that we march back to Belmore Sports Ground and experience what you can't experience at ANZ and that is ATMOSPHERE!

Well done guys, despite the shocking call at the end it was a very enjoyable game and great sportsmanship was on display from both sets of fans after the game (except for the idiots who decided it would be a good idea to pelt bottles onto the field)

I look forward to our next meeting, let's hope it is on Grand Final day because after last night the platform has been set for one of the best GF's in the modern era!

GO YOU DOGGIES!!!

Syko

Juniors
I too would like to say that the atmosphere was absolutely electric on that hill, I envy you guys for having a ground such as WIN Jubilee and I am not afraid to say it.
I along with 99.9% of dogs fans wait in anticipation for the day that we march back to Belmore Sports Ground and experience what you can't experience at ANZ and that is ATMOSPHERE!

Well done guys, despite the shocking call at the end it was a very enjoyable game and great sportsmanship was on display from both sets of fans after the game (except for the idiots who decided it would be a good idea to pelt bottles onto the field)

I look forward to our next meeting, let's hope it is on Grand Final day because after last night the platform has been set for one of the best GF's in the modern era!

GO YOU DOGGIES!!!

Yeah Belmore was on of my favourite away games, intense atmosphere as well as liechardt oval

Paul_RedVMan

Bench
Thanks for coming :) I hope to return the favour at Belmore some day.

I reckon the Dragons - Dogs games always have a good atmosphere, particularly at Kogarah, and I always look forward to them. The crowds just seem to get along. I think there are lots of friends and relatives on different sides of the fence going to the games together, looking at the number of cars with fans from both teams inside...makes for a less aggressive crowd IMO.

I hope we see a rematch of this on the Big Day...it'll be a cracker.

Last edited:

Latest posts