What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks Where It Is Due

Jeffles

Bench
It goes without saying but I thought it would be good to vocalise this.

A lot of Newtown's success this year is owed to the generosity of the Sydney Roosters. The partnership between the two clubs has produced benefits for both organisations. For Newtown, it is this playing squad.

I know that many of the Roosters contracted players appreciate coming to Newtown because they are the main focus of attention and not just the curtain raiser. No disrespect to Roosters fans. I know they like their lower grades.

I hope this partnership starts to help the Roosters NRL side. Many Jets fans won't vocally support the Roosters (or any team for that matter) in an NRL match but you should understand that if Newtown help turn a Roosters contracted player from a raw talent into a steady First Grader, then we are helping the quality of our side by becoming a respectable club of choice for players on the fringe of the Show.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
I was pleased to see a number of Roosters fans at Telstra yesterday waving both there own & our flag together!......

made me think back to the die hard Roosters fan I encountered at the HPH after reunion day 2005 who bemoaned the coming union! :lol: .......but I for one think we've come along way since then!

Bluebag

Juniors
Also young Roosters Flegg player Rory Kostajyn (sorry about his spelling) who got a late call up to replace Khalid Deeb who was sorelt missed in the Jim Beam Grand Final.He knew noone had one session and was made very welcome to the team. and got a chance to play in a grand final and the roosters to see how he stood up against men and did well. He had big boots to fill as Khalid has had offers from several NRL clubs.
The relationship has been one where the players have been made to feel part of the club and all work to provide them with the envrionment to play their best to take the next step forward.

bluebag43

Juniors
Yeah Brendo, you have been strangely quiet since we dusted St George Illawarra. You can put your 1970's St George jumper back in moth balls!

Ambrosia

Juniors
Can I say thanks also to Glen Dwyer - not too sure who you are, but thanks for all the great email re-caps you sent! :D

Latest posts