What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thankyou CSSC

Newy Shark!

Juniors
Hi guys,

I would just like to say thankyou for making last night such an enjoyable night. I live in Newcastle so only make it to 2 games a year (both against the Knights). I see you guys every week but it was just a step above last night. Im a big football fan (soccer) so picked up most songs very easily. I stood with you guys for about 20 minutes when you arrived and then went and joined you from when the players came over to the corner until you guys got on the bus. Also came over during halftime. I felt abit out of place only being 17 and not drinking grog so didnt stand with ya's throughout the game :oops:

I'll be coming down to Cronulla in 5 weeks time on the Knights supporters bus and will definately be standing with you's. Does it matter that im not a CSSC member? Ive got my jersey, scarf and flag but am not sure if you need the shirt to be apart of the action?

Anyways look forward to hopefully singing with you soon.

Up Up Cronulla!

:D

ali

Bench
Good stuff mate. Everyone is welcome, doesn't matter if you are drinking or not.

beekershark

Bench
Mate, you are bloody welcome anytime in any sharks gear, as is everyone. We look forward to seeing you at the return bout next month at shark park !

The Nulla

Juniors
What a great night. That second half was something special. We dead set owned that ground and the chants in the last 10 were amazing.

Sorry about the fence though mate, we were just too keen for the boys!

See you on Peachey's Hill in a month or so pal. Hopefully we will chalk up another win.

Newy Shark!

Juniors
Did you guys happen to see the Knights crew? They were bloody boring. Only had one song and that was the New-Cas-Tle one. Boring.
Being the football off-season it was great to get back into singing songs.

As for the fence it doesnt matter to me. I was down there with you guys when it happened. Only go there once a year so destroy as much stuff as you want :lol: :cool:

Dread

Juniors
Newy Sharks... you're into soccer right.. you weren't the bloke who carved that football juggling comp up at halftime were ya?

Dread

Juniors
Haha bloody hell that guys was insane. The Knights fans didn't seem all too happy to have him win either!

I'd like to send a shout out to the CSSC fans who fell over just as the FOX coverage switched to you all.

Made me laugh in my belly.

RABK

Referee
Newy Shark! said:
Did you guys happen to see the Knights crew? They were bloody boring. Only had one song and that was the New-Cas-Tle one. Boring.
Being the football off-season it was great to get back into singing songs.

As for the fence it doesnt matter to me. I was down there with you guys when it happened. Only go there once a year so destroy as much stuff as you want :lol: :cool:

I would normally refrain from responding to such a dim witted comment but i won't here.
And i'm not turning this into a CSSC vs Crusade thing, the two groups have obvious mutual respect. I don't think this twit represents the CSSC.

But only one chant and it's the newie one? It's the most noticable one because it's the only one anyone else joins in on. We had other chants. 'Ole', 'Ere we go', and 'Nooooooddy' were the three chants the CSSC sang about 10 times each. So don't be so f**king biased and hypocritical.

We've never claimed to be chant masters, considering we have a lot more females and a much, much larger age range in members then the CSSC it can be expected that their chants will be much more fluent and noisier. Of course a bunch of 20-40 year old blokes will rip out chants better then a mix of different aged girls, guys and children.

All i know is supporter groups are a great thing, they certainly don't need negativity. We are there to promote harmony and a fun, social and passionate atmosphere. Not to entertain 17 year old turds.

On a personal note, the CSSC was great. You can tell their players love them. Once again the above post wasn't an attack on your group, there is definetly respect there. I'd expect one of you blokes to rip into anyone that gave your group a unnecessary jibe on our forum, i'd rip into them myself infact.

Incase you can't tell, i don't take to well to insults against something i've poured a lot of time, money and effort into. If it seems over the top, sorry, but it is something i'm very passionate about.

Macca

Coach
Dread said:
Haha bloody hell that guys was insane. The Knights fans didn't seem all too happy to have him win either!

That guy wants to join. He is in the process now.

Alan Shore

First Grade
All camera footage of the CSSC in the bright blue gear is fabulous. Best performance still remains the Boo Toovey campaign however.

Red and Blue Knight said:
All i know is supporter groups are a great thing, they certainly don't need negativity. We are there to promote harmony and a fun, social and passionate atmosphere. Not to entertain 17 year old turds.

You're absolutely right and absolutely boring, both at the same time.

Congratulations on the quinella.

Newy Shark!

Juniors
I would normally refrain from responding to such a dim witted comment but i won't here.
And i'm not turning this into a CSSC vs Crusade thing, the two groups have obvious mutual respect. I don't think this twit represents the CSSC.

But only one chant and it's the newie one? It's the most noticable one because it's the only one anyone else joins in on. We had other chants. 'Ole', 'Ere we go', and 'Nooooooddy' were the three chants the CSSC sang about 10 times each. So don't be so f**king biased and hypocritical.

We've never claimed to be chant masters, considering we have a lot more females and a much, much larger age range in members then the CSSC it can be expected that their chants will be much more fluent and noisier. Of course a bunch of 20-40 year old blokes will rip out chants better then a mix of different aged girls, guys and children.

On a personal note, the CSSC was great. You can tell their players love them. Once again the above post wasn't an attack on your group, there is definetly respect there. I'd expect one of you blokes to rip into anyone that gave your group a unnecessary jibe on our forum, i'd rip into them myself infact.

Incase you can't tell, i don't take to well to insults against something i've poured a lot of time, money and effort into. If it seems over the top, sorry, but it is something i'm very passionate about.

Aye mate, sorry for offending ya. I do realise all the effort that goes into supporters groups. I do alot of work for The Squadron (Newcastle Jets supporters group) so i will apologise.

I wasnt trying to cause a rift between the groups but when you see the variety of songs of the CSSC compared to the KC it is noticeable how they do have more songs. I just think there is potential to get the crowd more invloved than just the Newcastle chant.

Sorry man ;-)

Macca

Coach

You are always going to have knockers but you guys have come a long way in a short time and we have nothing but respect for you. Like I said in your forum, it was great exchanging advice and lessons learnt last night.

RABK

Referee
Newy Shark! said:
Aye mate, sorry for offending ya. I do realise all the effort that goes into supporters groups. I do alot of work for The Squadron (Newcastle Jets supporters group) so i will apologise.

I wasnt trying to cause a rift between the groups but when you see the variety of songs of the CSSC compared to the KC it is noticeable how they do have more songs. I just think there is potential to get the crowd more invloved than just the Newcastle chant.

Sorry man ;-)

To be fair, all supporter groups just flog songs from the EPL. You can take credit for a well organised choir practise, but not originality. ;-)

We have some ripped from there too - the 'who's your father' one is an example. EPL is great for that though, poms are the masters at it.

The Newcastle chant has been around for yonks though, it's synonymous with EAS. We're just the conductors of that chant now though.

I'm a 19 year old bloke, trust me, I love chanting and carrying on like a loon. I'l ltry my best to make sure every one of our chants gets ripped out at Cronulla in full voice despite the fact we'll probably lose again. :lol:

I apologize for jumping out of the blocks on you, next time you're at a game the Crusade is at i'll shout you a beer. (If you're 18 then ;-))

Newy Shark!

Juniors
No drama's mate.

Do you guys catch the Knights supports bus to away games or do you have your own mini bus etc?

RABK

Referee
I'll just say this though, i did just say supporter groups don't need negativity but one group i don't like is the DA.

Great banners but they deadset only sing when they are winning. Infact they only stay in the ground if they are winning.

RD 5 @ WIN they were all gone near the 50th minute mark, hiding their "Spooncastle" banner that they had held up so proudly beforehand on their way out.

RD 12 at Newie was difference, of course they loved it but we stayed till the end. But some of the abuse we copped form a bunch of DA members on the Macca's on the F3 back to Sydney was pathetic.

One group i personally won't call a "friendly" rival. I just don't have much respect for them.

RABK

Referee
Newy Shark! said:
No drama's mate.

Do you guys catch the Knights supports bus to away games or do you have your own mini bus etc?

Car pool mate. We are all over the place though, Nowra, Wollongong, Newcastle obviously, Orange, Sydney, New Zealand, Canberra etc. It's almost always car pooling or a bus for longer trips eg Townsville, melbourne etc.

For New Zealand we obviously flew out though. I suppose the CSSC takes a bus everywhere?

Oh and on the fence, i must admit it made us chuckle despite the gut wrenching loss we had just endured.

We did feel like running down with a bill in hand though. :lol: