What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That $9 is looking pretty attractive

pantherz9103

First Grade
As some of you may remember 'I was a complete knob' earlier in the year.

Originally Posted by pantherz9103 on April 1st, 2005 in the NRL Forum

And we lost to Parramatta and now all the Eels fans are going act as though 'we're back!' 'we've got the 2nd best team on paper'.

The Eels will lose as soon as they play a match that they aren't emotionally up for again! It's funny because it's true.

P.S. I haven't given up on Penrith, I'm just worried they're going backwards. If they can't atleast make the 8 then I'll be very disappointed, as I'm sure other Panther fans would be.

Well guess what I am disappointed, and we probably won't make the eight. We don't deserve to. If a team only signs a injury prone croc like Franze while losing stars like Amos, Girds and Co then they are not going to improve.

ANYWAYS
I am the first to admit I got it wrong when judging the Eels this year. The Eels copped a flogging by the Broncos in Round 5 and it might have been the 'loss they had to have', because with 6 wins out of 7, the Eels are a force to be reckoned with.

The Eels are paying $9.00 in the premiership market on sportsbet. I wouldn't mind some of that :p

Can you believe the dragoons are second favourites at $5.50 even though they're not even in the eight. They are a class act on paper and are going fairly well but they haven't overcome their inconsistency problems.

The Eels only have Hindmarsh in Origin and have one of the best benches in the comp. It was scary seeing the impact Dean Widders can make at the back end of halves with his wide running game.

The Eels came 12th last year but that doesn't mean they can't win the comp this year. Penrith came from 12th in 2002 to 1st in 2003, so I know it CAN BE DONE.

Anyway Good Luck for the rest of the season,

I think you have a good chance to make the 4 and give the title a shake.

Better beat those winless noughts first though eh? I'm sure your team won't let you down.

newmanj

Juniors
What a great post. It is so rare today for other teams supporters to give other teams such a big wrap. I thank you very much.

Where are the likes of BBSF and Co. You could learn a thing or two from pantherz9103.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Looking at the date of the original post, you could've claimed it was an April Fool's.

Seriously though, good on ya. I for one am willing to provide you some whipped cream to sweeten that humble pie. It's not unheard of for a team to make the finals from the position the Panthers are in. To be honest, I don't think they'll manage, but I'll certainly enjoy watching the Panthers surprise a few of the big guns if they are even 5% off on their game.

chloe

Juniors
We had the second best team on paper going into the season, but a few Bulldogs' names have been rubbed out since then.

Pantherz9103, I respect your new and exciting opinion.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I'm glad my post was so well received :)

I really think the Eels are a big chance this year. I didn't respect your team at the start of the year, because like other rival fans and some of your own I thought Brian Smith was a big problem at your club with his old school ideas. Looks like he wasn't so much the problem, it was just that your team didn't gel the last few years because you didn't make good signings. Now you've bought very well and it's paying off.

Tim Smith would be a shoein for the rookie of the year right? Are their any other contenders? Can't think of any.

Glen

Bench
Good post. You can't really be blamed too much for thinking that first win was a one-off good performace. I was worried about the exact same thing, and after the Brisbane game the next week I was starting to get that familiar sinking feeling. It has been a great turnaround by the coaching staff and the players, who have really realised their potential in the last month or two. Long way to go but I'm no longer worried, rather pretty confident

Hurriflatch

Referee
Well it wasn't so much that the signings were bad just that players were always injured the Panthers knew all about that in the late 90's.

In 2002 Lyon played all of about 9 matches before destroying his ankle
In 2003 Cayless, Vaealiki and Hindmarsh would've been lucky to play 15 matches combined.

There were a lot of dud signings Wise Kativerata being at the top of the list.

But guys like Widders, Fui, McKinnon, Petersen, Peek and Morris were signed during this time but now that the guys like Cayless are fit players like Peek can concentrate on his game rather then trying to replace Cayless.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
eels r good but winning the comp (inserts laughing smiley face)
they dont hav the big match players that other clubs have

Bazal

Post Whore
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
eels r good but winning the comp (inserts laughing smiley face)
they dont hav the big match players that other clubs have

BWAHAHA...no big match players? How far up your arse is your head exactly. No big match players, HAHAHA. So we don't have the likes of Riddell, Grothe, Morrison, Cayless, PJ Marsh, Tim Smith, and the other guy, Nathan Hindmarsh, you might know him at least. A Sharks fan talking lack of big match players, the irony is almost painful.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Bazal - why do you even bother replying to BBSF?? All he does is say stupid things to try and make people respond to him...

Surely he doesn't believe most of what he is posting (I'll bet he replys to this post saying he does) - just let him live in fantasy-Covell land! If there's no 'ignore' function that we can use to avoid his posts, then just skip over them! Replying/ responding in any way just makes it worse!!

pantherz9103

First Grade
My Top 8 after 26 rounds

Broncos
Cowboys
Eels
Storm
Manly
Sharks
Roosters
Dragons

Bulldogs to just miss the cut

Penrith :cry: to miss the 8 (about 10th or 11th) but maybe find some form and play spoiler for a couple of teams. We can't affect the Eels season though, since you've already beaten us twice.

pantherz9103 said:
My Top 8 after 26 rounds

Broncos
Cowboys
Eels
Storm
Manly
Sharks
Roosters
Dragons

Bulldogs to just miss the cut

Penrith :cry: to miss the 8 (about 10th or 11th) but maybe find some form and play spoiler for a couple of teams. We can't affect the Eels season though, since you've already beaten us twice.

Would love u guys to start finding some form now especially against some top 8 teams, well help us immensely to secure a top 4 position. Good luck