What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That will do me

simon says

First Grade
Berrigan isnt in the top 5 centres in the comp.....yet may wlll get a jersey.

This is why the whole thing stinks.

Mr Saab

Referee
simon says said:
Berrigan isnt in the top 5 centres in the comp.....yet may wlll get a jersey.

This is why the whole thing stinks.

of course he is.
Ignore origin for a second and look at the rest of his season.
He leads cooper in many key areas...plus he is an incumbent.

ozboy

Juniors
Charlie Saab said:
Lockyer
Civoncieva
Berrigan

they are the only definates that will make it from Brisbane.
All depends on finals form.

Shaun " Bombed Try " Berrigan, my a**.

The first two I will accept, but Berrigan is just not an Australian test centre. He isn't even in the top two centres that the Bronco's have, let alone a starting centre in the Australian team.

The Broncos would be much better if Tate and Hodges played in the centres with Berrigan playing as hooker or a utility player off the bench.

simon says

First Grade
I rate plenty in front of Berrigan,he is a good player,but I like my centres bigger,with more tackle bust and offload ability........

Gasnier,Lyon,Bell,King,Cooper....all these guys are in fornt of Berrigan IMO,but they dont have Wayniepoo looking after them.

No wonder no one leaves the Broncos,why would you???

OVP

Coach
Misty Bee said:
Interesting point, though. Is it the ultimate proof of elite player burnout?

Either way, it is very refreshing to see clubs stacked with very good non rep players making the finals.

I think it is too Misty. Its no coincidence that the 4 clubs with the most rep players are struggling (even the Broncos looks like they are starting to tire again). The Broncos in 2003 and 2004 were a shadow of their former selves and this year theyve finally picked up again. The Panthers, Dogs and Roosters all look like missing the 8, and i think tiredness has played a BIG part of that reason as all these clubs have played constant football for the last 3-4 years.

Missing the 8 though, might very well be the tonic these clubs and players need. All of them are in need of a damn good rest and its probably going to be a blessing in disguise.

Storm in a teacup imo.

Mr Saab

Referee
simon says said:
I rate plenty in front of Berrigan,he is a good player,but I like my centres bigger,with more tackle bust and offload ability........

Gasnier,Lyon,Bell,King,Cooper....all these guys are in fornt of Berrigan IMO,but they dont have Wayniepoo looking after them.

No wonder no one leaves the Broncos,why would you???

You listen too much to Phil Gould about size.
Berrigan breaks tackles alot and would be in the top 3 for tackle busts by a centre.
Jamie Lyon? Why is he even mentioned? He has not played in the NRL for 20 months.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Those clubs are struggling beacuse the Salary Cap is working, but burnout is a factor.

Lockyer
Berrigan
Civoniceiva
Carrol

And there should be a lot more considering they r leading the comp

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
Berrigan breaks tackles alot and would be in the top 3 for tackle busts by a centre.
Jamie Lyon? Why is he even mentioned? He has not played in the NRL for 20 months.

Lyon is the 2nd best centre in the world, and just coz he aint playin in Australia does not mean he shudnt play for australia, i mean if the english thought lyk that they wouldnt pick morley, and the irish wouldnt pick Carney coz hell be at the GC wen its World CUp time

lotti

Bench
Charlie Saab said:
No one should listen to Phil Gould, ok he's an ex coach but puh-lease he coached SOO when he didn't even play it. Wasn't Alan Langer playing in England when Bennet brought him over for an Origin game?

Meanie

Juniors
As a Bronco's fan I don't think Berrigan should be Australian centre, I'd personally rather Hodges or Tate.

lotti

Bench
I want Matt King to be in the Aussie side, the guy did the almost impossible in Origin game 3 he scored 3 tries.

Foz

Bench
One of the main reasons NSW won the S.O.O. was the centres.
Berrigan seems to be a protected species.
He'd only played about 20 games (maximum) in the NRL as a centre and was picked there for Australia.
He is so far behind Gasnier,Cooper,King etc its not funny.

Mr Saab

Referee
Foz said:
One of the main reasons NSW won the S.O.O. was the centres.
Berrigan seems to be a protected species.
He'd only played about 20 games (maximum) in the NRL as a centre and was picked there for Australia.
He is so far behind Gasnier,Cooper,King etc its not funny.

one of the main reasons was one A Johns.He doesnt play, QLD win.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I can't believe I am going to say this but....

The Broncos players shouldn't be the target to be dropped.

Think about it either way.

1. If you prefer it to be based on form, the Broncos still lead the comp. You can't really argue that they haven't been the best team all year so far.

2. If you base selections on the incumbent rule, then the Broncos are not going to miss out on much.

Sure QLD were beaten in the SOO series..... But they did compete.

Jordan

Juniors
TheEelsFanatic said:
Berrigan plays inside bott, but scores more tries than bott does, now that takes some doing

That's because he hardly ever passes to Bott. Imagine how many trys Bott would be scoring if he was outside someone like Hodges... Berrigan ignores his winger a lot of the time..

Mr Saab

Referee
ignore him? is that why Rookie Bott has 11 tries in about 18 games? Not a bad strike rate.