What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That will do me

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
He doesnt ignore him, he just takes the oppurtuninty for himself, and face it he hasnt bombed heaps of tries this yr

Foz

Bench
Charlie Saab said:
one of the main reasons was one A Johns.He doesnt play, QLD win.

Yes and Johns picked out the odd Qld centre.
Also Johns actually passed the ball to the centres.
Qld still got more tries put on them in game one when the centres only saw the ball for a very limited time.
Do you think the Qld centres played over the NSW centres in Origin?
I dont.

Mr Saab

Referee
the NSW centres played all over bowman and berrigan, but that was all to do with Johns. He was able to get the ball wide and give his backs room to move.
QLD in game 2 had no forward momentum (no Price, Webb gone after 10 mins) and ?NSW dominated....anyway this is old news.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Bobby DIGital said:
Wing's had a terrible season. How does he make the aussie side?

Same reason Tahu was chosen ahead of Grothe for origin, they went for experience, i dont like it but then again im not selector

Misty Bee

First Grade
Who cares? Hindmarsh will be selected. Therefore, Australia will win the Tri Series.

Timmy Smith will be a great seat warmer for Joey in game 1. Even with an overrated hack like Berrigan.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
u seriously think tim smith would get a run?. im a parra fan too but smith is a tad over-rated, he would be nothin without the guidance of morris

Razor

Coach
smeghead said:
Australian side as usual will be a joke based on who has given the selectors the best head on the last tour. Where do I go to learn the haka?

If the side was picked purely on form, Lockyer wouldn't make the squad. And the best teams don't necessarily have the best players, they're the best TEAM not best BUNCH OF INDIVIDUALS.

Add Anasta to the Roosters side they make the top 3-4. Having a low quality player in an important position has a major affect.

greenos

Juniors
brooksy19 said:
Why the hell not leave these under-performing players out.

The players that make the top 8 deserve to make the squad.
Yer Joey does not deserve to be there. It's not a players fault that they are in a below par team. The player can only do so much.

TheEelsFanatic said:
u seriously think tim smith would get a run?. im a parra fan too but smith is a tad over-rated, he would be nothin without the guidance of morris

im not so sure hes over-rated; his performances speak for themselves.

over-rated by the media....definitely. but if you're stupid enough to buy into every headline the telecrap can invent, then too bad for you.

and on your third point. :lol: morris would be nothing as a 5/8 without timmy. if you'd seen tim come up through the ranks you'd have seen class written all over him.

A bolter - Hornby at halfback! Will never happen... But seriously,

They should put a broom through the same old players they pick because of so-called "experience". IMO the player best in his position during the season should be rewarded with rep honours, and half the incumbents dont come near it for one reason or another.

From the article definitely flick;

Waterhouse
Clinton
Tonga
Mason
Lewis
Wing

and perhaps Simpson.

Foz said:
One of the main reasons NSW won the S.O.O. was the centres.
Berrigan seems to be a protected species.
He'd only played about 20 games (maximum) in the NRL as a centre and was picked there for Australia.
He is so far behind Gasnier,Cooper,King etc its not funny.

No ......the reason nsw won was their forwards got on top of qlds forwards ,hence creating room for their outside men.
What could berrigan do when his team is going backwards.. nothing
He is a better centre than Cooper &should retain his place

lotti

Bench
There are a number of reasons why NSW won, Joey, the fact the QLD selected a full back that didn't want to be there, No Billy Slater, Matt King's hat trick, BK being his normal self, Beaver being in the side, NSW played better than QLD. The number 1 reason is that NSW wanted to send Ben Kennedy out a winner although if NSW didn't win the series BK would've been back next year and I don't think QLD would've wanted that.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Gasnier and King should be the Australian centres, with Rooney, Sing and Grothe (if gets over this recent brain explosion stuff) the wing candidates. Berrigan should not even be considered, he's a ball hogging, under performing player who only gets in the Australian side due to being a Bronco. Hodges is twice the player he is, and I hate Hodges. Cooper should be taken as backup, Berrigan shouldn't be anywhere near the side.

While I'm at it, if Carroll makes this tour Bennett should be sacked immediately.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
eeelectroshooting? said:
im not so sure hes over-rated; his performances speak for themselves.

over-rated by the media....definitely. but if you're stupid enough to buy into every headline the telecrap can invent, then too bad for you.

and on your third point. :lol: morris would be nothing as a 5/8 without timmy. if you'd seen tim come up through the ranks you'd have seen class written all over him.

ive seen him thru the grades and he is a class player, and i did mean over-rated by the media

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
ParraDude_Jay said:
Gasnier and King should be the Australian centres, with Rooney, Sing and Grothe (if gets over this recent brain explosion stuff) the wing candidates. Berrigan should not even be considered, he's a ball hogging, under performing player who only gets in the Australian side due to being a Bronco. Hodges is twice the player he is, and I hate Hodges. Cooper should be taken as backup, Berrigan shouldn't be anywhere near the side.

While I'm at it, if Carroll makes this tour Bennett should be sacked immediately.

nb: check out tri-nations thread

Razor said:
If the side was picked purely on form, Lockyer wouldn't make the squad. And the best teams don't necessarily have the best players, they're the best TEAM not best BUNCH OF INDIVIDUALS.

Add Anasta to the Roosters side they make the top 3-4. Having a low quality player in an important position has a major affect.

In one sentence you are saying that Lockyer isn't going that great, and that the whole team is playing well. Then the next one you are saying putting a 'quality' player into a crucial position (in this case being 5/8) it makes a huge difference, 6-7 places difference on the ladder in fact.

If Lockyer isn't playing that well in an important position, then Brett Seymour must be doing an outstanding job!

Razor

Coach
JoeysChiropractor said:
In one sentence you are saying that Lockyer isn't going that great, and that the whole team is playing well. Then the next one you are saying putting a 'quality' player into a crucial position (in this case being 5/8) it makes a huge difference, 6-7 places difference on the ladder in fact.

If Lockyer isn't playing that well in an important position, then Brett Seymour must be doing an outstanding job!

I didn't say Lockyer was going poorly. I said on form he won't be the Australian 5/8th

There's a huge difference between "On form he won't be the Australian 5/8" and "He's crap"

Lockyer would be 3rd in line for the Aussie 5/8th spot on form. That's not going poorly.