What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ‘Anything and Everything’ Thread

Quigs

Immortal
Bloke, I left Gymea High in 1970 after completing the school certificate year 4.

I left Sydney and the Shire in 78 and once I broke the shackles I swore I was not coming back. I absolutely loved my childhood and teenage years in the Shire. It was a great time for me.

Once I had seen and tasted some of the other life styles outside of Sydney I soon realised that there was a better "world" to live in. A better place to raise the family.

Interesting and true story. I remember just after I was married I was put onto a finance guy that offered the wife and I a brand new house and land deal down at Greys Point. It was something like $78. a week. I said to the missus that we could not afford that munch. Glad I didn't take up the offer or I probably would still be there.

Today I run on the smell of an oily rag and I love it. Owning old house outright helps although it needs about 20 grand work done on it but f**k that, I am not borrowing anymore money from the banks.

Last edited:

Big Bloke

Juniors
Good on you Quigs. Much respect to you mate.

There is a saying I have heard about certain people who have mastered the art of life. I think we can all say you have achieved this.

People on this forum give you shit sometimes for being an old fart but I bet you’re enjoying life more than they are.

May you continue on this journey of life for many more years yet.

Quigs

Immortal
Narhh mate I am having to munch fun to worry about being an old fart. I have no intentions of pegging out for awhile yet, I have too many people to shit stir and upset. I tell the younger blokes up here to keep working hard and keep paying their taxes as their taxes go to poor pensioners like my good self and our survival.

I used to tell anyone that would listen that I was going to live long enough to see the Mighties win the comp. I had to quickly reassess that after 2016.

My mob is just like everyone else's. It is not perfect but it is like most people / families I know. Internal disputes and bitching over furhuck all.

I just enjoy the ride now, in fact I am loving it. Grandkids and Great Grandkids that you can hand back when you have had enough. It's all part of the game.

dinghydi

Juniors
Yeah Bluey, all is good now thanks. Took a lot of time and physios to get my head sought of rotating on my neck. Stupid idjet me even had another season of league back in 1990 with the Mighty Emus. We only had a ressies side back then. Yes it was a bit like you all see in the ad.

But it was a load of fun, we only won one game. Case of having to get it out of my system once and for all. This old fart went okay and prided myself of introducing dinosaur style footy to a few of the young blokes.

Here you go bloke ....Zilzie 1986, this is what it was like when I bought the 'ouse back in 86. this is looking from my Tora Bora Cave to the southeast (Gladstone direction) and the other one was looking down the road east to the front beach.
ep-old-60-70-80-32.jpg

ep-old-60-70-80-33.jpg
Onya Quigs . Its been my beleif of late that success is not about Beating someone else in some race . Its about Playing the cards The great dealer in the sky sends you , to best of your ability .for you and your families happiness.,without treading on others toes . Wish you all the best in future . Im hoping you will even see another Sharks premiership !

Quigs

Immortal
Hey I am not dying yet. (thanks for the kind words though)

I don't know what it is like with you down there and around the traps but they are dropping like flies up here.

Had a bloke/friend I knew well who ran a very successful local turf farm and had some decent land suddenly go the other week. He had just sold up and was now in the millionaire bracket.

Just last weekend another mate had a turn late at night at the local boat ramp whilst his fishing buddy went to get the tractor to haul the boat out. When he got back the mate was floating out to sea. They had to search for him. The poor bugger had just had all his pension paper work ticked off and was retiring this month.

f**k it, somewhere in there I think there might be a bit of a moral to the story.