What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2007 Best Backline Debate

Mr Saab

Referee
They have the best overall backline in the comp. Ok, Perry is no superstar, but he fills his role well. Boyd is a still young and had a fine rookie season.

Which is better?

God-King Dean

Immortal
There is no certain backline for Dragons... But I think this how it will go at the start of the year.

1. Hornby
2. MacDougall
3. Naiqama
4. Cooper
5. Morris
6. Gasnier
7. Head

Inferno

Coach
Immortal said:
Boyd ? Perry ? * cough*

What the hell is wrong with Boyd? I thought he had an outstanding season. Definitely a future fullback if Hunt ever moves to the halves.

Mr Saab

Referee
Immortal said:
There is no certain backline for Dragons... But I think this how it will go at the start of the year.

1. Hornby
2. MacDougall
3. Naiqama
4. Cooper
5. Morris
6. Gasnier
7. Head

1. Hunt
2. Boyd
3. Hodges
4. Tate/Berrigan
5. Tupou/Tate
6. Lockyer
7. Perry

Mr Saab

Referee
I dont know what the final lineup will be.
I would go for

Hunt
Boyd
Hodges
Tate
Tupou
Lockyer
Perry

Balmain_Boy

Both backlines are bloody excellent. If you forget the halves I'd take Saints (assuming Cooper and Gasnier in the centres). However, including the halves I'd go Brisbane - Lockyer is a phenomenal player.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Agree with Balmain_Boy. Melbournes backline is up there too though. Newcastles isn't half bad either.

_Johnsy

Referee
I think the top 6 clubs have exceptional backlines, however each having a weakness, therefore a mute point ;-)

Kiwi

First Grade
Immortal said:

1. Hornby
2. MacDougall
3. Naiqama
4. Cooper
5. Morris
6. Gasnier
7. Head

About the only position the dragons have over the broncos is maybe cooper. But then I rate Tate and Hodges as better. If Berrigan plays centre then cooper is better, thats it really.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Kiwi said:
About the only position the dragons have over the broncos is maybe cooper. But then I rate Tate and Hodges as better. If Berrigan plays centre then cooper is better, thats it really.

Hmm... looking at both team now I'd say it's pretty even. But I'd take Hornby over Hunt.

Mr Saab

Referee
Immortal said:
Hmm... looking at both team now I'd say it's pretty even. But I'd take Hornby over Hunt.

All personal opnion of course, but Hunt is better than Hornby.

Mr Saab

Referee
He dropped one bomb in 2006 and that was against the Dragons @ WIN.
Apart from that he was flawless under the high ball
He will be entering his 4th yr in 2007 @ age 20 and will really (IMO) stamp his authority in 2007

Mr Saab

Referee
He is a pure stop gap player in those positions.
We all saw how he went as a test half...embarrising.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Hardly just a fill in player... in 2005 when we were seemingly unstopple he was the 5/8th, & a damn good one too.

Perhaps... but Hunt was never given that opportunity was he.

Hornby has played a few games at halfback for Dragons & we won all those games, & I know I'd rather Hornby under the high balls rather than any fullback in the league.

Latest posts