What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2007 Best Backline Debate

Stagger eel

Staff member
simon says said:
Gee I reckon you are being hard on Mackinnon......every time I saw him he was going great guns.

BTW...who were yer best then???

our forwards despite losing several props towards the end of the season really paved the way but in terms of our backline Burt finished the year well, Luke O'Dwyer was a revelation and will be a great signing for the Titans, Jarryd and Benny were solid.

John's a great footballer but for some reason didn't really have a big year on the park and maybe it was due to Tim Smith's poor season that they couldn't really get a roll on in the halves.

Glen Morrison and Dean Widders will definitely be a biggest losses and the players we will miss the most.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Harold Bishop said:
Im pretty sure Mckinnon was one of the top gained metres of kick returns and made plenty of line breaks.
Morris on the other hand was simply sh!t.

he made plenty of line breaks but it was fare to say that his mistake rate was abysmal for a firstgrader.

simon says

First Grade
eelavation said:
he made plenty of line breaks but it was fare to say that his mistake rate was abysmal for a firstgrader.

Id rate Grothe's mistake rate would have to be higher.He is a good player,but Ive never seen a bloke have as many brain exposions in hisown 20 as this bloke.Missed tackles,silly passes......he has the lot.

Whe he plays for NSW I am chewing my finger nails off.

RufusRex

Post Whore
i am a dragons fan .. but the Manly back line could be pretty useful

1. Stewart
2. Hicks
3. Bell
4. Matai
5. Robertson
6. Lyon
7. Orford

With that flea Burns in the mix also .... Pretty useful backline there .. very potent ...except if the game is close then orford will go belly up

Ron Jeremy

Coach
tbone10 said:
You are kidding yourself matty aren't you? Don't make yourself as bad as the parra dickheads and jump on the Lyon hate bandwagon. The guy was a star on the rise when he left the Eels. Why else would they be so sh*tty they lost him?

Star on the rise? maybe in 2001 yes but it's now 2007.

Gee he looked sharp in the tri nations:lol:

tbone10

Juniors
RufusRex said:
i am a dragons fan .. but the Manly back line could be pretty useful

1. Stewart
2. Hicks
3. Bell
4. Matai
5. Robertson
6. Lyon
7. Orford

With that flea Burns in the mix also .... Pretty useful backline there .. very potent ...except if the game is close then orford will go belly up

Just like he nailed a last minute field goal against the dogs at Brookie in round 25 last season?

mattyg

Bench
tbone10 said:
Just like he nailed a last minute field goal against the dogs at Brookie in round 25 last season?

Yeah too bad that game didn't mean anything. A blind man would have kicked that field goal with 5 players blocking the Bulldogs defenders from getting to him. When the pressure was really on and Orford had that kick in the first semi final against Newcastle, thats when he went belly up.

Ghoulies

Bench
_Johnsy said:
Funny that, it is exactly what you have done on relation to my comment, hipocryte.

Please expalin to me what his comment about forward passes has to do with this thread, I see broncs can have a dig at ex-players from other clubs, but no-one else can. Tosser
Oh lord....

I'll clear this up for you.... renouf was having a dig at the Dragons (see:trolling), which you got yourself all worked up over, so I had a go at you.

You completely missed the point as to why I was having a go at you, so I explained it, and now I'm explaining it again.

Disco

Bench
steeden. said:
Broncos easily: best fullback, best 5/8. Although the Qld backline would beat any other easily
I didn't know Minnichello played for the Bronco's???

D

Deleted member 10972

Roosters have half an awesome backline: Mini, Roberts, Soliola. Two young craft halves with excellent kicking & passing games & good speed, but dodgy defence.

Y2Eel

First Grade
The Mack said:
Roosters have half an awesome backline: Mini, Roberts, Soliola. Two young craft halves with excellent kicking & passing games & good speed, but dodgy defence.

THats a small backline....

richie8u

Juniors
I reckon Panthers,
1) Wesser
2) Gordon
3) Lewis
4) ????
5) ???? maybe Rooney
6) ?????
7) Gower

with ???? and ???? on the bench,

but if Firman fires like 3 years ago he will be 6 and 4 will/should be Jennings so we wont be last, but it is a shadow of '03

Latest posts