What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2007 Best Backline Debate

His a four year veteran at 20 years of age, even if you dont like him as a player it still deserves respect.

And stupid is not rebutting it, this shows pettiness and a lack of intelligence.

Johns Magic

Referee
Sir Knight82 said:
His a four year veteran at 20 years of age, even if you dont like him as a player it still deserves respect.

And stupid is not rebutting it, this shows pettiness and a lack of intelligence.

Firstly, he's a three year veteran. Don't make stuff up.

Secondly, the discussion was about Hunt's playing ability. How young he was when he debuted has nothing to do with it.

Thirdly, what gives you the right to refer to league as "our game", and govern who does or doesn't deserve to watch it? You're not better than anyone else on this forum, get over yourself.

Your last sentence didn't quite make sense.

Sir Knight82 said:

bullsh*t.....i don't respect anyone who turns their back on their country ,& who is made to look far better than he is by his captain.

miccle

Bench
Yaawwwwn.

Australia is his country, that's a personal choice that he made when he appeared to have NO CHANCE of getting near a rep side. Build a bridge 'dazza', seriously.

I'm glad you don't like him. I hope no other fans or staff at other clubs like him at all - hope he's a bronco for life.

McCrud

Juniors
miccle said:
Yaawwwwn.

Australia is his country, that's a personal choice that he made when he appeared to have NO CHANCE of getting near a rep side. Build a bridge 'dazza', seriously.

I'm glad you don't like him. I hope no other fans or staff at other clubs like him at all - hope he's a bronco for life.

On the money as always miccle.

Mr Saab

Referee
dazza62 said:
bullsh*t.....i don't respect anyone who turns their back on their country ,& who is made to look far better than he is by his captain.

Waaaaaaaaaaa, Bowen wont play origin again...waaaaaaaaaaaaa

Enjoy papa smurf Bowen...

Stranger

Coach
Dragon_psa said:
Agree with Balmain_Boy. Melbourne's back line is up there too though. Newcastle's isn't half bad either.
Have you seen our backline :lol:
1. Seage
2. Thiaday
3. Kiddley
4. Carmont
5. Mad Dog
6. Mullen
7. Johns

Thats the way i would run it possibly. But you will most likely see Franze or Polglase in the centers or wing, Thiaday at full back, Kiddley at lock, and Seage is injured which will look something like this.

1. Thiaday
2. Franze
3. Polglase/Tighe
4. Carmont
5. Mad Dog
6. Mullen
7. Johns

Take out the halves and we are left with possibly the least flattering backline in the comp. And talk about a shocker when it comes to defence... Just guess its lucky we pulled a defensive coach.

Stranger

Coach
Originally Posted by dazza62
No respect for Fein or Brent Webb either?

Mr Saab

Referee
dazza62 said:
1. Was that the combo in the final against the dogs when he was fullback for the 1st half & the score was Dogs 19 v Broncos 0.... Then Hodges was put at fullback in the 2nd half & they scored 37 unanswered pts.
You can thank one person for sparking the broncos that night & it wasn't Hunt

2. I think bronco fans over estimate what Hunt brings to their team..

1. No it was not in that particular game, but Hunt did play very well and defused a number of bombs....oh and it was 31-0 2nd half, not 37-0. Hunt and Lockyer have their little combo happening and they feed off each other....some things are just not evident on the actual scoreboard...

2. I think you are just pi$$ed off that your useless fullback matt bowen has been surpassed in rep duties by Hunt

Mr Saab said:
1. No it was not in that particular game, but Hunt did play very well and defused a number of bombs....oh and it was 31-0 2nd half, not 37-0. Hunt and Lockyer have their little combo happening and they feed off each other....some things are just not evident on the actual scoreboard...

2. I think you are just pi$$ed off that your useless fullback matt bowen has been surpassed in rep duties by Hunt
Where did i mention bowen?
i was commenting on an earlier post rgarding hunt.

I will be waiting for the day when locky is unable to play & all you bronco fans will be expecting turncoat to be the playmaker... he has got nothing without locky

Mr Saab

Referee
dazza62 said:
I will be waiting for the day when locky is unable to play & all you bronco fans will be expecting turncoat to be the playmaker... he has got nothing without locky

And you will be waiting about as long as Sharks fans for the Cowboys 1st comp

_Johnsy

Referee
Mr Saab said:

Mate I cant stand the cowboys, however they will win a comp before the sharks, guaranteed. I'll give them 5 years.

Shorty

Staff member
Mr Saab said:
With Thurston,Bowen,Smith...I mean geez we might struggle a bit but nobody could be as bad as Cronulla:lol:

Kiwi

First Grade
To all those bagging Hunt and using one game to do it, despite the fact it was a return from injury. How long did it take Johns and Lockyer to fire when returning from a lengthy stint on the sidelines? And how about we talk about Hunt in origin 2? or how well he played in his first test?

And those ( charlie ) bagging Bowen, another great fullback, are lowering themselves to be just like the petty twits bagging Hunt for no reason.

miccle

Bench
dazza62 said:

Turncoat :lol:

I hope you are telling EVERYONE who immigrated to this country that they are a turncoat if they celebrate Australia Day today. Tosser.

As for the above - tell me, how would 99% of 20 year old kids go in the NRL if they HAD to steer the ship by themselves. Something tells me Hunt would go better than most.

You're wrong anyway. Locky will get injured and Hunt will step up to help out in the playmaking stakes along with Berrigan, Ennis and Perry... and we'd go pretty damn well thank you very much!

adamkungl

Immortal
Hunt is easily in the top 3 fullbacks in the game, I don't see how anyone could think otherwise.

As for the above - tell me, how would 99% of 20 year old kids go in the NRL if they HAD to steer the ship by themselves. Something tells me Hunt would go better than most.

& what tells you that?

You're wrong anyway

How?..he has yet to prove himself without locky

Locky will get injured and Hunt will step up to help out in the playmaking stakes along with Berrigan, Ennis and Perry... and we'd go pretty damn well thank you very much!

please tell me what playmaking abilities he has....where is his kicking game?(short ,long, 40/20s,bombs,touch finders,chip kicks),where is his passing game(short,cutout,long).?At the moment 99% of what he does in attack is off someone else(Locky thurston,etc)nothing wrong with that,as that is what you expect of a fullback.But to label someone as a playmaker & praise him for other peoples creativity is laughable.

When he can turn a game with his own individual brilliance he might earn some more respect. But all you see him do is run off locky or do some stupid ballet pirouette which doesn't fool anyone anymore.

Until he produces by himself he will be over rated.& one wobbly kick off the side of his boot in a test does not earn him the title of playmaker.

Feel free tosser to show me plenty of evidence to refute my posts .

Mr Saab

Referee
adamkungl said:
Hunt is easily in the top 3 fullbacks in the game, I don't see how anyone could think otherwise.

Dazza does because Bowen has been left waaaaay behind by the likes of Hunt and Inglis.
Dazza is a Hunt hater, but thats fine, he can be a hater...it will just be fun to see him make a fool of himself in 2007.