What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2010 Sivertails

parrachilean31

Juniors
Hello Parra fans Parrachilean is back .!!!!

Have we become the new silvertails 2010 couple of bulldog mates state that we are signing all these players poore shackleton and rumour has it thurston.?? Have we become the new manly and bulldogs buying all these players.
I believe we should keep our younger blokes such as Kelly Gardner and etc... Have been watching these players since harold mathews and is a shame we loose these players only for them to go on to other clubs and excell. While we buy players other teams dont want poore and shackleton . What are Your thought???

Gronk

Staff member
We are no chance in getting Poore. Hope we keep Gardiner & Kelly.

eels_fan

First Grade
I would hardly say no other teams wanted poore- he was in high demand

We sign no one and people complain, we make great signings and people complain. Some people are never happy!!

How well have we done in the last 23years relying primarilg on internal talent???

parrachilean31

Juniors
I'm un happy at the fact that we purchase players only to let go of good talent . Why do we need a thurston if we have kris keating mortimer tk amosa coming through. Have you notice all other parra juniors who have left have done well.. etc lyon willie tonga tony williams dave williams would you like me to go on.. Last week i also read about rodney moefano leaving also what are we doing he was a good player and was the type of player who has passion for the club and we let him go.

parrachilean31

Juniors
What is the point of winning one premiership and not securing our future . Instead of winning one lets three or four . Dont get me wrong i think tahu coming back is great but at cost of loosing inu or burt or thurston coming loosing keating mortimer. We produce only to see the fruits go to another team. Is that true or not true...

Snoochies

First Grade
Who said we are losing anyone for Thurston. Ossie clearly stated he'd take Mortimor over Thurston.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
I'm un happy at the fact that we purchase players only to let go of good talent . Why do we need a thurston if we have kris keating mortimer tk amosa coming through. Have you notice all other parra juniors who have left have done well.. etc lyon willie tonga tony williams dave williams would you like me to go on.. Last week i also read about rodney moefano leaving also what are we doing he was a good player and was the type of player who has passion for the club and we let him go.

Your unhappy because we purchased two proven forwards to strengthen our pack as opposed to a few backs that have not hit first grade and would find it near impossible to come into first grade with our current backline :crazy:

parrachilean31

Juniors
No just the fact after a couple of years of not buying Anyyone, Suppoters are calling us silvertails and cheating the cap ... to avoid gossip havent anyone else herd that from other teams... and the figure being shown it looks like we are over the cap is that true???

EELRAM

Juniors
What is the point of winning one premiership and not securing our future . Instead of winning one lets three or four . Dont get me wrong i think tahu coming back is great but at cost of loosing inu or burt or thurston coming loosing keating mortimer. We produce only to see the fruits go to another team. Is that true or not true...

Seriously. Are you just a "gee up"

Finally we take some action, to try and win something, and out they come.

And to add to that, there is a Salary Cap

With your philosophy, we should just let all NYC players play firsts and contract all players for 100 years and never let anyone go.:crazy:

Yes we might lose some good ones, but we are also great at keeping the duds !

SDM

First Grade

:lol::lol::lol:

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
No just the fact after a couple of years of not buying Anyyone, Suppoters are calling us silvertails and cheating the cap ... to avoid gossip havent anyone else herd that from other teams... and the figure being shown it looks like we are over the cap is that true???

Does it matter what supporters from other teams say? We are in a position to buy and instead of buying on promise we buy on proven talent. I don't think there is any issue in relation to the salery cap I think the NRL auditors are watching us very closely in that deparment after the recent media bashing on our new chairman and I don't think Ossie would be doing anything stupid there.

parrachilean31

Juniors
Gee up Take it easy it was general question only . So what you are saying is we are all happy with the purchases and the rumoured signings of thurston???
So do we think that the coaches are not keeping the right players can we blame the coaches for loosing promising juniors.

mickdo

Coach

Cheating Bulldog supporters are saying WE are rorting the cap??? Seriously dude, grow a spine.

Eels Dude

Coach
Poore is currently a starting prop for the NSW origin side. Shackleton has been the most consistent forward for a struggling Roosters side.

The fact of the matter is that our some of the young forwards we had coming through such as Cordoba, Paulo and Hauraki, simply have proven not to be up scratch and we need to sign better forwards if we're going to be a finals contender. You cannot simply wait and wait and wait for players that are not going to come through.

You cannot keep every player coming through with the salary cap the way it is. Manly threw 150k to get Tony Williams last year before he'd even played first grade. Cronulla did a similar thing to lure Albert Kelly to em next year. Williams hasn't been anything special this year, while Kelly will probably be given only a handful of games to prove himself like every young halfback Ricky Stuart has graded.

You cannot simply throw money at juniors or wait for them to come good when they simply may not be up to scratch.

parrachilean31

Juniors
He he Have you guys bitten or what!!! lol Simple question i thought this was a forum i hope shackeltona and poore turn out to be good buys because if they arnt i be on your case next year . Let ask you this have our current forward be going great now??? also if the current players are not that good who have won the last four second grade comps .... im just saying are we sacrafising to many of our young talent.....

Eels Dude

Coach
Our current forwards have been struggling actually for most of the year. Apart from Fui and Hindy, the rest have been very inconsistent. We've got absolutely no depth in the backrow. Guys like Lowrie and Joe G couldn't crack the 17 last year but are now in the starting side. 4 2nd grade comps means nothing, there is too big a step up from reserves to first grade the same way winning the U20's is far from a guarentee those winning players will be good enough for first grade in several years time.

The fact is in the last 3 years we've signed a total of 6 players with NRL experience from other clubs. That's nothing, probably the lowest of any NRL club. You need a combination of local juniors and top them up with the right recruits otherwise that's just poor management.