What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2013/2014 Team Thread

Yosh

Coach
So... Early, perhaps. Required, definitely not. However, when we all need a pick me up, is there a better thread than this?

By 2014, I think our squad will look something like this:

1. Boyd
2. Uate
3. Gagi
4. Jennings
5. McManus

6. Mullen
7. Pearce

8. Snowden
9. Kidley
10. Kasiano
11. Bird
12. Scott
13. Costigan

14. Adams
15. Tetavano
16. House
17. Mason

Not impossible.:)

Doubt we can do Bird and Jennings under the cap.
I'd *really* like to see Bird out there. Besides being a Newie boy he'd bring playmaking options away from halves and hooker.
Gidley can too but I reckon he will be back to 7.

RABK

Referee
1. Darius Boyd
2. James McManus
3. Pat/Pete Mata'utia
4. Dane Gagai
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Kade Snowden
9. Kurt Gidley
10. Michael Weyman
11. Beau Scott
12. Boyd Cordner
13. Chris Houston

14. Pete/Pat Mata'utia
15. Justin Poore
16. Robbie Rochow
17. Korbin Sims

Honestly, i'd expect something like that. A couple of the Mata'utia brothers will have earnt spots by then. Perhaps replace Weyman and Poore with 2 other off contract props from 2013/14 but those two would be likely if Bennett wanted to bolster his front row stocks.

Cordner just resigned with the Roosters for one year and I'm sure he'll make a name for himself in that time. Tinkler will probably want him home and if Bennett rates him you'd expect it to be a likely signing.

RABK

Referee
Check PM please and delete some messages... I want to send you a PM but it won't let me...

Ok done. Sorry i've just been flooded with messages recently asking me if it's all true regarding you leaving us.

Spot On

Coach
Sam Kasiano - Yosh dreams about William Wiliams but what about this bloke!!! Has he signed with the Dogs yet??? We are desperate for playmakers but surely you can't let this bloke go without a fight. The Dogs can't keep 'em all and they definitely can't keep signing them all either.

Heard the rumour about Ennis coming to Newcastle again. Anyone else hearing this?

RABK

Referee
Pearce is off contract next year. I know people around Pearce and they reckon he won't be a Rooster in 2014. I've heard the Sharks are already preparing an offer to table to him at the end of this year and i think we'd be mad not to join in the race for Pearce.

Poore love? Mate unlike Yosh i don't just fill a top 17 prediction side with 500k internationals in every position. I'm not picking a side - i'm predicting a side around what i think Bennett might do and what our cap might allow. I've seen guys mention Lama Tasi and Russel Packer as targets... get real. Weyman and Poore are Bennett like players and likely targets in a position he is likely to strengthen.

Spot On

Coach
Can't see anything in Poore. He cleaned up $$$$ at Parra and good on him. He'll be playing for peanuts if he comes to us.

I'm getting different mail about Pearce. Will be interesting to watch.

Yosh

Coach
Cordner is really good. I've only seen a bit of him but he looks so big and solid, aggressive as well.

Latest posts